The Student Room Group
Learning at Imperial College London
Imperial College London
London

Accomodation at Imperial

Scroll to see replies

Reply 360
Original post by i_hate_teeth
So the weird guy has a double to himself for the whole year?

No they found someone to fill the space
Learning at Imperial College London
Imperial College London
London
Original post by taheki
No they found someone to fill the space

aww unlucky.
Reply 362
Does anybody know if they usually put people with the same dietary requirements together, for example if you are vegetarian?
If I'm under 18, I'm forced to get a single room right? Are the room allocations first come first serve?
Reply 364
Original post by dwarfwarri
If I'm under 18, I'm forced to get a single room right? Are the room allocations first come first serve?

If you are under 18, then yes, you have to have a single room. Don't think it is first come first served.
Reply 365
Do you guys receive any email from Imperial after firming you offers? I haven't heard from them for 2 weeks now :s-smilie:
Original post by asdfz
Do you guys receive any email from Imperial after firming you offers? I haven't heard from them for 2 weeks now :s-smilie:

Nope you don't get any confirmation at all apart from the fact that UCAS should say "Firm" beside Imperial.

taheki
That said, everyone I know who applied for a double and lives in one seems to like it and think it has a lot of benefits. There was a guy on my floor who didn't apply for his double and actually moved hall this term.. but obviously he was just desperate for a single (and his room mate was fecking weird).

Can I ask, are people from other halls allowed to stay in your halls (in your room) for the night?
And what about friends from other universities? Can they stay around as well even though they don't go to Imperial?
Reply 367
Original post by nikita_atikin
Nope you don't get any confirmation at all apart from the fact that UCAS should say "Firm" beside Imperial.

Can I ask, are people from other halls allowed to stay in your halls (in your room) for the night?
And what about friends from other universities? Can they stay around as well even though they don't go to Imperial?

Ok, guess I'll just wait for the Offer Pack *getting impatient*

I read from the accommodation websites that for guests to stay over they need to inform the warden and fill in a form or something

I know fishers offers a cheap room that guests can use, but you have to book it in advance.
Reply 369
Hi guys :smile:
I'm a Computing fresher and want to tell you that living in halls is cool. I met lots of interesting people, and there were quite a few events worth being part of (Cirque du Soleil, Amsterdam trip, Bruges trip etc)

I live in Tizard Hall (Southside Halls of Residence) and for those of you that will get into Tizard this year, I am proud to say I'll be one of your hall seniors. If you have any questions, I'd love to help :smile:

Cheers.
Reply 370
Original post by asdfz

Why do you need to hear from them? You'll be emailed your accommodation application soon. Be sure to fill the application within a few days of getting it (they say it doesn't count if you fill it in May or on the 30th of July, but I have some doubts about that).
(edited 13 years ago)
Original post by freefrag
I know fishers offers a cheap room that guests can use, but you have to book it in advance.

Nah I think I'd want them to live in my room :biggrin:
I was just wondering if inter-hall sleepovers are allowed :teehee:
Reply 372
Original post by sorinc03
Why do you need to hear from them? You'll be emailed your accommodation application soon. Be sure to fill the application within a few days of getting it (they say it doesn't count if you fill it in May or on the 30th of July, but I have some doubts about that).

I guess I was kinda expecting a 'Congratulations you have been.." as my other Unis have sent me loads of emails.
Original post by asdfz
I guess I was kinda expecting a 'Congratulations you have been.." as my other Unis have sent me loads of emails.

Imperial are WAY too hardcore for those kind of sissy emails :tongue:
I don't know about other halls but Wilson really don't care if you have friends to stay over, as long as you have some room on the floor!
Reply 375
Original post by i_hate_teeth
aww unlucky.

Someone sent me Imperial's "Guide to Living in Halls" - a VERY colorful PDF version, I must say! - and it says there that if you're in a double and your room-mate leaves, the first thing they'll do is try to find someone to fill the space, otherwise, they'll try to re-allocate you to a different room (may be single, may be double.)

Failing that, they may offer to let you have the whole double room; but at an increased rent.
Imperial are WAY too hardcore for those kind of sissy emails :tongue:

I think the only email they sent me was to say that they've received my app, that's it XD

Actually, I lie; BioEng sent me an email acknowledging my RSVP and giving me further info, as well as emailing me to tell me that I would be getting my offer through UCAS. :smile:

Also, I'm pretty darn sure inter-hall sleepovers happen all the time...so long as both parties give notice to their respective halls that they'll be out at another hall/having someone over. :biggrin:
Reply 376

You're meant to get permission or get them to use the guest rooms.. but nobody does and there never seems to be a problem. The wardening team can't keep track of every visitor staying over night and I don't think they actually care that much. You just need to make sure any guests don't cause damage because you'll be liable for it.
Original post by taheki
You're meant to get permission or get them to use the guest rooms.. but nobody does and there never seems to be a problem. The wardening team can't keep track of every visitor staying over night and I don't think they actually care that much. You just need to make sure any guests don't cause damage because you'll be liable for it.

Do you have to get permission for people from other halls? I mean, can your friends from other halls visit/stay over? :smile:
I was in a shared room in Evelyn Gardens, way back in 2005. It was ok, I'm glad I wasn't paying with my own money though...

I left Imperial before the start of my second year, and an influential factor in that decision was my likely living situation in London - expensive, distant from campus, polluted and crowded, etc.

Oh and about having visitors to stay... lol, once you arrive you'll see that there is no way they could track that, or reasonably stop you from having friends round - if they even cared anyway, which they don't. You're pretty free to do what you like, they're not your parents.
Original post by cttp_ngaf
I was in a shared room in Evelyn Gardens, way back in 2005. It was ok, I'm glad I wasn't paying with my own money though...

I left Imperial before the start of my second year, and an influential factor in that decision was my likely living situation in London - expensive, distant from campus, polluted and crowded, etc.

Oh and about having visitors to stay... lol, once you arrive you'll see that there is no way they could track that, or reasonably stop you from having friends round - if they even cared anyway, which they don't. You're pretty free to do what you like, they're not your parents.

Where did you go after Imperial, out of interest? :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending