The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 8320
We haven't won at the emirates at all and we had a terrible record against arsenal at highbury as well.

However, we now have a true launch option :coma:
Reply 8321
Original post by JK.
I'm quite glad tbh, we clearly don't react that well under pressure. I'm surprised at just how much the bookies favour us, too.

I'm not so sure. As far as I can remember, many of the games we lost/dropped points this season have been where we were expected to win - games that had not, in other words, been hyped up. West Brom, Newcastle and Blackburn spring to mind, as well as the close shave against West Ham.
Reply 8322
JK.
OP
Original post by Abiraleft
I'm not so sure. As far as I can remember, many of the games we lost/dropped points this season have been where we were expected to win - games that had not, in other words, been hyped up. West Brom, Newcastle and Blackburn spring to mind, as well as the close shave against West Ham.

I don't think you can really put West Brom/Newcastle/Blackburn in the same category as Liverpool. I think we all took those to be 3 point bankers, I doubt many people see this that way, I'm sure Le Boss won't anyway.
Lose or draw today please.
Reply 8324
Original post by JK.
I don't think you can really put West Brom/Newcastle/Blackburn in the same category as Liverpool. I think we all took those to be 3 point bankers, I doubt many people see this that way, I'm sure Le Boss won't anyway.

I'm not putting them in the same category, but I'm pointing out that a lot of our dropped points this season have come from games where there wasn't much hype. Conversely, we have done quite well when at home in hyped up matches, a la Barcelona, Chelsea and (almost) Manchester City.
Reply 8325
Looking froward to another game at the emirates - my penultimate ticket before Villa (damn the United game always being so hard to get)!!

Will be cheering as usual. COME ON YOU GUNNERS!!
Reply 8326
Expecting Andy Carroll to have a field day. We need Cesc, RVP and others to stand up and be counted today hopefully there is good atmos at the game and everyone gets behind the boys though not like the Blackburn game, up the arse!
Reply 8327
Original post by GunnerMT
Looking froward to another game at the emirates - my penultimate ticket before Villa (damn the United game always being so hard to get)!!

Will be cheering as usual. COME ON YOU GUNNERS!!

if today doesn't go well you should be able to get United tickets on the exchange because people will be fed up with it and just sell their ticket, thats how I got my tickets for today, after the Blackburn 0-0 there was loads on the exchange
This season has been one of your best chances in years of the title surely, but from where I'm watching from, Arsenal just seem to lack that grit and knack of grinding out wins when they need them. United haven't been faultless this year, but for me that's just what separates the two teams. Drawing 3 out of your last 4 to (Blackburn, West Brom, and Sunderland says it all really.

I think you'll beat us today, you should do really, our defence is weakened greatly without Johnson, Agger and Kelly. Gerrard is a miss as well..

Flanagan may start right back, hes an 18 year old kid who got his first start against City on Monday night and whilst he looked composed in that game I fear he could struggle against the Arsenals pace and skill upfront.

The only other option for Kenny really is to play Carragher right back and put Kyrgiakos Center back,although he was appalling in his last game against West Brom (Slow and Clumsy)

How do you think Big Andy Carrol will fare?
OK, why is Sagna not playing? When did he get injured?
Original post by milan5baros
This season has been one of your best chances in years of the title surely, but from where I'm watching from, Arsenal just seem to lack that grit and knack of grinding out wins when they need them. United haven't been faultless this year, but for me that's just what separates the two teams. Drawing 3 out of your last 4 to (Blackburn, West Brom, and Sunderland says it all really.

I think you'll beat us today, you should do really, our defence is weakened greatly without Johnson, Agger and Kelly. Gerrard is a miss as well..

Flanagan may start right back, hes an 18 year old kid who got his first start against City on Monday night and whilst he looked composed in that game I fear he could struggle against the Arsenals pace and skill upfront.

The only other option for Kenny really is to play Carragher right back and put Kyrgiakos Center back,although he was appalling in his last game against West Brom (Slow and Clumsy)

How do you think Big Andy Carrol will fare?

I think you'll score against us....but I think we'll edge a win over you. :smile:
Reply 8331
Predicting a nervy 2-1 win for Arsenal.
Reply 8332
Scholes banned for 3 games, out for Emirates clash.
Reply 8333
Arshavin to score (Y)!!
Reply 8334
Original post by haz864
Arshavin to score (Y)!!

4 times :tongue:
An hour before kick-off and no hype for this game?!
Reply 8336
Original post by In2deep
OK, why is Sagna not playing? When did he get injured?

It's a knee injury. I'm not sure when he was injured - I don't remember anything happening during the Blackburn game (?) - but he was out before the Blackpool game; it may have been during training. :dontknow:
Reply 8337
Original post by TheGreatest21
An hour before kick-off and no hype for this game?!

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?p=30917093#post30917093 :smile:

I'm talking about BBC Sport's website, Sky Sports News etc...hardly any tbh. Not as much as yesterday's match.
Reply 8339
Original post by TheGreatest21
I'm talking about BBC Sport's website, Sky Sports News etc...hardly any tbh. Not as much as yesterday's match.

Oh, right. I think it may be because most people think the title race is already definitely over. Also, because Liverpool have not been a major force in the league this season.

I do think it's strange, though. I pointed it out earlier.

Latest