The Great Hall at University of Leeds
University of Leeds
Leeds

The Tannery?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Original post by bretters
bit silly really isn't it!
maybe it has a bearing on how far away you are from the front door, easy access when drunk and in need of a cigarette haha :wink:

yeah that's pretty good, isn't it surrounded by leeds met students though?

Oh right i see, clever :wink: I don't think i'd want to be on the ground floor anyway.

erm, they have 2 acc, 2 belongs to unite i think? and there's sentinel from leeds but headingley is the main area for leeds met. The more the merrier? but we don't have to integrate either :tongue:
The Great Hall at University of Leeds
University of Leeds
Leeds
Reply 41
No me neither and I said I minded living with smokers anyway!

I wasn't saying it was a bad thing though, ahah :smile: I guess if there is more from leeds uni then there it's more likely to meet people on your course living nearby.
Reply 42
No me neither and I said I minded living with smokers anyway!

I wasn't saying it was a bad thing though, ahah :smile: I guess if there is more from leeds uni then there it's more likely to meet people on your course living nearby.

Same :biggrin:, i couldn't decide at first cos i don't wanna miss out on cool people.

Oh right, wasn't sure what your angle was but i'm all about meeting lots of people and just partying hard for a few weeks at least :tongue:. Most guys on my course are like guys :sad: lol
Reply 43
i'm sure there will be plenty of cool people around :wink:!

yeah i just wanna enjoy myself and hopefully find some other people who'll be equally as drunk and embarrassing as i will be for the first month.

hahaha manly course then?
mines like 70% guys as well!
Reply 44
i'm sure there will be plenty of cool people around :wink:!

yeah i just wanna enjoy myself and hopefully find some other people who'll be equally as drunk and embarrassing as i will be for the first month.

hahaha manly course then?
mines like 70% guys as well!

:yep: gonna be counting down soon!

Haha, just try to keep up :tongue:, sole purpose of my gap year is to make enough to stay wasted!

Yer i went for engineering at the last moment :frown:, hbu? that's alright for you, you're a girl :tongue:, i like girls! :sexface: lol
Reply 45
make enough money?
mine will be just fine, i can get drunk and stay drunk very very easily so that will be nice and cheap!

ahhhh that explains that then, very macho!
i went for economics, only girl at my sixth form crazy enough to take it at uni apparently.
Reply 46
make enough money?
mine will be just fine, i can get drunk and stay drunk very very easily so that will be nice and cheap!

ahhhh that explains that then, very macho!
i went for economics, only girl at my sixth form crazy enough to take it at uni apparently.

I'm trying, blowing it as it comes, but hopefully get enough by the end of summer, need about 2K more. Easy victim huh? :wink:, just kidding :tongue:

yer, i wanted to do medicine initially but got rejected, still gonna try for that after this but just gonna have fun right now. Haha, least you're going to be rich! I thought about doing economics and maths to be an actuary but i hate stats and applied maths in general
Reply 47
How old are you then, if you're on a gap year?

Ah that's really ****, sorry :frown: but if you think about it medicine is a bitch to get into!

As for being rich, hopefully :wink: that's the plan!
Yeah you probably wouldn't enjoy it then, there is quite a big chunk of maths stats! Don't you need maths for engineering though...?
Reply 48
How old are you then, if you're on a gap year?

Ah that's really ****, sorry :frown: but if you think about it medicine is a bitch to get into!

As for being rich, hopefully :wink: that's the plan!
Yeah you probably wouldn't enjoy it then, there is quite a big chunk of maths stats! Don't you need maths for engineering though...?

I'm still 18 :tongue:, I'm 19 in August so just about fit in with you guys :smile:

Haha it's cool, i was depressed for a day then got over it, still gonna do it eventually but i can have some fun first :wink:, thanks for the thought though.

:five: Hopefully we'll both get there.
I like maths but like core maths with calculus, i had AABA C1-C4, but C's for M1 and D1 and a C in stats at GCSE, i just find applied really tedious, Physics is my best subject too so i figured medical engineering was the way forward. What subjects do you do now?
Reply 49
Oh that's cool! Hi5 for August babies, i'm 18 in August. Totally sucks though 'cause i'm not legal yet.

Yeah there are ways to get in aren't there, i don't think i could cope with the extra years of studying for medicine, letalone the fact that i'd be useless at it! So from my point of view, you're better of without it :wink:

Oh jeez, you're a smart one then! I had loads of trouble 'cause i didn't take maths at AS last year and hardly anywhere would accept me for economics without it, despite my a-level grades. I took it this year so my conditional is based on that too :frown:
I do economics, politics, maths and history. What about you?
Reply 50
Oh that's cool! Hi5 for August babies, i'm 18 in August. Totally sucks though 'cause i'm not legal yet.

Yeah there are ways to get in aren't there, i don't think i could cope with the extra years of studying for medicine, letalone the fact that i'd be useless at it! So from my point of view, you're better of without it :wink:

Oh jeez, you're a smart one then! I had loads of trouble 'cause i didn't take maths at AS last year and hardly anywhere would accept me for economics without it, despite my a-level grades. I took it this year so my conditional is based on that too :frown:
I do economics, politics, maths and history. What about you?

:five: aww, you'll be legit before uni though which should be pretty awesome, so you're fine

yer, if i do graduate entry, i'll only lose a year all in all, 1st year would be twice the work but then 3yrs of medical engineering won't be as hard so i'm happy with how things are turning out. I probably am, i think i get two and a half days of with my course which i wouldn't have gotten on medicine :wink:

Haha, not really :tongue:, Oh right i see, you decided on doing economics during college then? What grade do you need in it? I really hope you get in :biggrin:
Physics, Chem, Bio and Maths...I'm not a geek. Honest, lol. I regret doing 4 though cos it messed my grade up and only 3 subjects count :frown:
Reply 51
Yeah, i have ID now anyway so it hasn't actually been too bad.

Ah that's loads better then, less contact time! More time for socializing :wink:
My brother is doing chemistry at sheffield and he has literally no free time because of all the lab work and he said that the medics he knows have even less free time than him!

Erm yeah kinda, I've always been a bit of a nerd for economics and business related stuff.
I need AAA and a B in maths to get in, Leeds are being harsh with the entry requirements.

Christ! No wonder you needed a gap year, would take me a life time to recover from those evil a-levels!
Reply 52
Yeah, i have ID now anyway so it hasn't actually been too bad.

Ah that's loads better then, less contact time! More time for socializing :wink:
My brother is doing chemistry at sheffield and he has literally no free time because of all the lab work and he said that the medics he knows have even less free time than him!

Erm yeah kinda, I've always been a bit of a nerd for economics and business related stuff.
I need AAA and a B in maths to get in, Leeds are being harsh with the entry requirements.

Christ! No wonder you needed a gap year, would take me a life time to recover from those evil a-levels!

I can't find mine, went out last night, had to get my friends to buy me the drinks :tongue:

More time to find girls who get drunk easily :wink:. I have a friend in Sheffield doing medicine as well and can i can confirm what he's said :yep: Any idea how often you're in lessons?

wow, that is harsh, they only asked AAB for medicine (assuming i had gotten in), you're on course for that then?

lol, i suck at essay related subjects so i had no choice. Spent most of it sleeping till recently and i actually miss studying a little, Bet I'll be begging back for my gap year once uni work begins
Reply 53
HI5 for the tannery guys :smile:
You guys sound like ecstatic flat buddies :smile:
Reply 54
me? erm mines like 8-12 hours a week so not too much!
i think i'm probably gonna look for a job though!

it is harsh :frown: god damn you econ for being popular.

i'm so jealous of your sitting around and sleeping, i'm stuck in revising as we speak and it's so sunny :frown:
Reply 55
Original post by - Major -
HI5 for the tannery guys :smile:
You guys sound like ecstatic flat buddies :smile:

haha yer, Hope it's good
me? erm mines like 8-12 hours a week so not too much!
i think i'm probably gonna look for a job though!

it is harsh :frown: god damn you econ for being popular.

i'm so jealous of your sitting around and sleeping, i'm stuck in revising as we speak and it's so sunny :frown:

Wow! Even better, least i'll have someone to hang around with when not in lectures.
Same, i'm gonna get like a 6-12hours a week job, just to help me when i apply for grad entry med.
Just think of the money, the thought should get you through it but i feel for you :console:
I'm doing D1 again as well :frown: so should be revising, I get 1500 scholarship if i get an A in it so figured i might as well, Not started revision though, been watching american pie past couple of hours. I got a job few weeks ago, so not sleeping too much anymore :frown:.
Reply 56
Sounds pretty chill to me.

Yeah true, I could have got a scholarship for getting 3A'S but you're only allowed it if you do it in one sitting and i did ONE RESIT so i'm pretty gutted about that :'(

where are you working then?
and same on the procrastinating front, i've been watching harry potter 6+7 all day...
Reply 57
Sounds pretty chill to me.

Yeah true, I could have got a scholarship for getting 3A'S but you're only allowed it if you do it in one sitting and i did ONE RESIT so i'm pretty gutted about that :'(

where are you working then?
and same on the procrastinating front, i've been watching harry potter 6+7 all day...

Really?! They didn't say anything regarding resit, they just said if i get it by september but maths had to be one of the A's, but it's an engineering scholarship so no idea if it's the same as yours. And 2 sittings usually mean within 2years as far as i know

Couple of care jobs and 1 in a travel agency. Really should do some work soon though, lol
Reply 58
ohhhhhh i'm confused now, i hope i can get it!
i only resat in the hope of getting an a* but i would have gotten an A anyway, so maybe they will let me have it.
i might apply for it anyway.

hahaha get yourself a free holiday!
Reply 59
ohhhhhh i'm confused now, i hope i can get it!
i only resat in the hope of getting an a* but i would have gotten an A anyway, so maybe they will let me have it.
i might apply for it anyway.

hahaha get yourself a free holiday!

e-mail them and see?
Ha right, I was 6ums off in physics :cry: I'm sure resits don't usually matter if it's within two years anyway
the engineering one's automatic i think

yer, just can't let my boss find out :ninja: still can't decide where to go though, you going anywhere?

Quick Reply

Latest