The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

:frown: I'm not even surprised any more. I thought we'd made it when the free-kick hit the wall but we would've been lucky to win anyway. Dominated the game but looked vulnerable on the break and didn't have enough of a cutting edge in the final third. Eboue and Bendtner need to go in the summer.
Said it in the match thread and will say it here - It was a clear penalty BUT it should never have been given. Even the free-kick was pushing it with regards to the amount of time played... Really should have ended after RvP's goal, or the free-kick.
Reply 8362
Good performance. I think the ref got Liverpool's penalty decision wrong. ****ed up. Sadness. Off to bed.
Reply 8363
They were all on their evening stroll in the park having tea with Nanny McPhee, ****ing slow *****. No directness, no aggression, no passion. They never ever deserved the victory.
Reply 8364
Our football club is a joke. Should have buried the game in the first half anway.

*Kicks water bottle*
Reply 8365
Original post by neillya1
Said it in the match thread and will say it here - It was a clear penalty BUT it should never have been given. Even the free-kick was pushing it with regards to the amount of time played... Really should have ended after RvP's goal, or the free-kick.

excuses.
Unbelievable. How stupid can a player get? This is even worse than the 4-4.

This.

The ref added a ridiculous amount of time on top of the added 8 minutes. The t**t added an extra 3 minutes!
Reply 8368
Original post by keira
They were all on their evening stroll in the park having tea with Nanny McPhee, ****ing slow *****. No directness, no aggression, no passion. They never ever deserved the victory.

This.

Pass pass pass pass pass pass pass pass pass pass... Attack fizzles out. Repeat.

No end product, same old ****. Didn't think we would win the title but this match has pissed me off!
Reply 8369
You know why this is bad? Because the players didn't want it. The players ****ing forgot that this was their last chance. They forgot that they were playing for their last chance for silverware. They were strolling around like it waas a ****ing training session. They don't care. None of them care. United have worse players but are a much much better team and they deserve the premier league. Why? Because the ***** fight for every goal. They want to win. This team are **** full of losers.
Original post by keira
excuses.

...no?

Like it said, I agree it was a penalty (which for some reason people seem to argue, there was clearly a push there), but to take it in the ONE HUNDRED AND SECOND minute... pathetic to say the least. The free kick, already in the 101st minute (bear in mind we were supposed to run to 98) should have been the final kick. There was no reason to let it go on. A very, very poor decision, but sadly nothing can be done now.

In all fairness with the way we played we only deserved a draw, as usual the players didn't seem to want to push for a win. Matches aren't about who deserves to win though, they're about what the final result is, regardless of decisions/effort etc.... I just wish that the FA would allow more criticism of referees - they act like they're golden and never make a mistake, when I think every football fan knows they do get things wrong......
Reply 8372
...no?

Like it said, I agree it was a penalty (which for some reason people seem to argue, there was clearly a push there), but to take it in the ONE HUNDRED AND SECOND minute... pathetic to say the least. The free kick, already in the 101st minute (bear in mind we were supposed to run to 98) should have been the final kick. There was no reason to let it go on. A very, very poor decision, but sadly nothing can be done now.

In all fairness with the way we played we only deserved a draw, as usual the players didn't seem to want to push for a win. Matches aren't about who deserves to win though, they're about what the final result is, regardless of decisions/effort etc.... I just wish that the FA would allow more criticism of referees - they act like they're golden and never make a mistake, when I think every football fan knows they do get things wrong......

so the **** what. referees make mistakes all the time. This Liverpool team were their for skewering if Wenger got his tactics right. Cry cry cry the ref was ****. Cry cry cry cry. Cry forever because my friend, the ref will always be ****.
Don't blame it on Henry, Don't blame it on the injuries, Don't blame it on the referees, Blame it on Eboue
Reply 8374
nah, can't blame eboue's solely. everyone makes little mistakes. the team should never ever have been in that position against such a **** team.
Let's not beat round the bush. No paragraphs, no conspiracies. Arsenal are not good enough.
Original post by badger-man
This.

The ref added a ridiculous amount of time on top of the added 8 minutes. The t**t added an extra 3 minutes!
There were 8 added minutes of play. 2 of those were not played due to the penalty, that means there has to be a minimum of 10 mins added time, you always get an extra minute.

I didn't see the decision for the penalty, but the timing was correct.
Original post by keira
so the **** what. referees make mistakes all the time. This Liverpool team were their for skewering if Wenger got his tactics right. Cry cry cry the ref was ****. Cry cry cry cry. Cry forever because my friend, the ref will always be ****.

That's my point I'm trying to make, if you read my post.

Most refs are acutally alright, but when they make a poor decision/get it wrong, why can't players and managers criticize them?

From what you've written there, you agree the ref made a wrong call. So why should he just "get away" with it, without it being discussed?

Both penalties were obviously match changing decisions, so it's only right they can be discussed and if wrong, criticized.

On that note I'm out of here, you sound too much like a WUM.
Reply 8378
What a season, ****ing hell. If any arsenal player manages to touch this throphy that they have been trying to avoid all season, i'm going to the victory parade wearing nothing but a mankini.
Original post by doggyfizzel
There were 8 added minutes of play. 2 of those were not played due to the penalty, that means there has to be a minimum of 10 mins added time, you always get an extra minute.

I didn't see the decision for the penalty, but the timing was correct.

Note quite correct, but I see what you're getting at.

First of all, just like with free-kicks and substitutions, a penalty in injury time is PART of the injury time added, not EXTRA to it. You don't add any more (unless obviously there is a ridiculous amount of time wasting involved).

You don't always get an extra minute..... in fact, without good reason you never should.

Source: I'm an FA registered referee, I know what I'm talking about :tongue:

Latest