Solent 2011!!!

Scroll to see replies

just accepted my unconditional offer to games development XD
City-centre campus surrounded by parks
Solent University
Southampton
Reply 41
Original post by naomijayde`
been offered a place at solent for writing fashion and culture any one else doing this course?
I just want to know what the current students think of it as it's a choice between here and some where else and I'm super confused :s-smilie:

I'm in my final year doing that, feel free to PM me any questions.
It is good but they have totally changed the course structure and options now I think. I can give you basic info though.
The tutors are lovely most of the time but things are unorganised a lot of the time and sometimes the students get the blame for lack of emails etc. You do get a lot of help with stuff though and tutors will go out of the way to help you.
I have just accepted my offer for that course x
Original post by chlobofro
I know the lecturer (she's an old family friend) and she's lovely and the course looks fantastic. I'm doing Multimedia Journalism in September but dithered between the two and had a good look at the course. Fantastic staff, great city etc.

Yeah the city is amazing and I loved the whole vibe from the place and if the lecturer is the one I'm thinking off then yes she is so so lovely and nice.

I like the idea that in some of the options we can like pick and choose and could have lectures with for instance multimedia journalists or sports journalists etc as it gives you a wider range.

You definitely going in sept then?
If so what swayed it for you?
my only problem with the city is they have a street named bar street yet it had 1 bar on it :frown:
downside to moving away from liverpool everywhere should have a pub every two blocks damn it not just liverpool it should be law
Original post by naomijayde`
Yeah the city is amazing and I loved the whole vibe from the place and if the lecturer is the one I'm thinking off then yes she is so so lovely and nice.

I like the idea that in some of the options we can like pick and choose and could have lectures with for instance multimedia journalists or sports journalists etc as it gives you a wider range.

You definitely going in sept then?
If so what swayed it for you?

Definitely :smile: As long as I get the grades for sure. :smile:
Yep the course structure is really interesting. I can't wait to go!
For me.. it was the Uni. I wasn't sure at first as I saw some horrible things said by Southampton University students but there is a rivalry as expected. When I visited Solent I just felt like I fitted in. The lecturers are so friendly. The students were so down to earth and it's the closest Uni to me that does the course I want. :smile:
Reply 46
I know the lecturer (she's an old family friend) and she's lovely and the course looks fantastic. I'm doing Multimedia Journalism in September but dithered between the two and had a good look at the course. Fantastic staff, great city etc.

Who'd you know?
BTW I'm sure you met him but Kristian who runs the MMJ is lovely does really funny lectures too.
Original post by clo-clo1
Who'd you know?
BTW I'm sure you met him but Kristian who runs the MMJ is lovely does really funny lectures too.

Ahh I forgot her second name but she's called Suzanne :smile:
and I met him he seems really nice :smile: Ginger guy right?
Reply 48
Ahh I forgot her second name but she's called Suzanne :smile:
and I met him he seems really nice :smile: Ginger guy right?

So many people know Suzanne, she is lovely though. Yeah thats him.
Original post by clo-clo1
So many people know Suzanne, she is lovely though. Yeah thats him.

Ahhh I'm really excited now :smile:
Do you enjoy it there? I want to hear opinions from someone who is studying there :smile:
Reply 50
Ahhh I'm really excited now :smile:
Do you enjoy it there? I want to hear opinions from someone who is studying there :smile:

Most of the time yeah, sometimes it is really unorganised but I'm sure most unis have some organisation issues. I have always been able to get help when I need it though and as long as you keep a good relationship with tutors they'll look after you and throw any good opportunties your way.
I'd say all the web stuff is boring as hell but thats me as I much prefer print journalism anyway and any stuff involving computers isn't that good for me anyway.
Reply 51
Has anyone applied for accommodation yet? if so how do you do it?
Reply 52
I didn't :biggrin:,
however, they'll send you a form and some more things when you have an unconditional. So when you have the required grades etc...

I'm not a 100% positive on this, but I think you can't apply for acommadation when you have a conditional.
Reply 53
Original post by Appeltree

I'm not a 100% positive on this, but I think you can't apply for acommadation when you have a conditional.

Correct. When you get your results with a conditional Solent will contact you :smile::smile:
Reply 54
I have friends going to SOTON, which I have now firmed, and apparently in terms of rivalry it's not THAT bad. In the city center the two universities seem to get on quite well, but as you said, there is a rivalry, which Solent tend to lose...
Reply 55
Okay, so i firmed my conditional offer from Solent a few weeks ago. Do they send us stuff about accommodation now or when we get our results in August? Im so confused :P
Reply 56
Original post by SlipStitch
Okay, so i firmed my conditional offer from Solent a few weeks ago. Do they send us stuff about accommodation now or when we get our results in August? Im so confused :P

Read 2 posts above :^_^:
the website says that they dont send the accomadation form off till june
i assume this is to make it fairer for the people who got conditionals
Reply 58
Sorry i'm a bit dim :P :P thank you! :biggrin:
Doing Fashion with photography! Starting 2011.

Add me on fb if you are also gunna be in art department!!!!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending