The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 100
andmeaning, I know what you mean about overseas Ritter Sport variants - SO many incredible flavours to frustrate our limited repertoire with! Reminds me a lot of Pocky in that respect. Ritter Sport with Cornflakes, however, you DO get over here, and is the daddy!
Reply 101

Custard apples!
The eating method is kind of a cross between a terry's chocolate orange, in that you break the apple into it's little segments, and a lychee, because you eat the soft white part from around each seed (one seed to a segment)

when nice and ripe, they're ridiculously sweet with a great texture (:
mm, i miss them, but i guess you could get them in asian grocery stores during the winter? (which is when they came into season in India, assuming they're imported)
Reply 102

A very tasty pizza on a thin crust - probably the nicest supermarket pizza I've come across,a nd certaintly one of the healthiest. One place was once selling them for £1 as a promo, which is incredible value.
Original post by Fusion

A very tasty pizza on a thin crust - probably the nicest supermarket pizza I've come across,a nd certaintly one of the healthiest. One place was once selling them for £1 as a promo, which is incredible value.

Ah, best box pizza, ever.
Original post by andmeaning

Ritter Sport is the chocolate of gods. God addicted to this stuff in Italy many years ago and practically live on it when I'm skiing. Can't find the white with hazlenuts in the UK but Fenwick sells a couple of different bars in the food hall, and Aldi sells mini Ritter Sport packs which are cheap and fantastic!

And these! Little chocolate bars with strawberry cream inside. Heaven! Haven't found a UK stockist yet though ):

And I can't find a picture but Aldi apple pie cookies, come in like a green metallic wrapper? Amazing! Just try them!

I love Aldi and Lidl apple pie cookies, and thy are also sold in Home Bargains :biggrin:
And the strawberry youghurt chocolates, similar to your picture are also sold in Aldi and Lidl- usually in the chocolates and sweets section, they have around three flavours- milk cream, strawberry and hazelnut crunch, I think :smile:
http://www.aldi.co.uk/uk/html/product_range/product_range_18272.htm
I love ritter sport! I got addicted to it in germany- Its so good! Alas there aren't that many flavours availlable here :frown:
This is probably the happiest thread ive seen in a while...

Soda Farls - Simple, and food of the gods mate. Butter, honey or jam, glass of milk and i just sit there and mong out for like an hour cos im so happy.

Anyone who's seen the west wing will know what im talking about - peanut butter and apple. NOM.
Original post by TulipFields
I love Aldi and Lidl apple pie cookies, and thy are also sold in Home Bargains :biggrin:
And the strawberry youghurt chocolates, similar to your picture are also sold in Aldi and Lidl- usually in the chocolates and sweets section, they have around three flavours- milk cream, strawberry and hazelnut crunch, I think :smile:
http://www.aldi.co.uk/uk/html/product_range/product_range_18272.htm

You're my new favourite person for telling me that, think a trip to aldi is in order!
Original post by andmeaning
You're my new favourite person for telling me that, think a trip to aldi is in order!

Ah, you're wellcome :biggrin: I love Aldi/Lidl for the sweets selection, they even sell the Dutch syrup waffles :coma:
I don't think they are well known, no?
I absolutely adore those :sogood:
Original post by TulipFields
Ah, you're wellcome :biggrin: I love Aldi/Lidl for the sweets selection, they even sell the Dutch syrup waffles :coma:
I don't think they are well known, no?

I've got a Dutch friend who introduced me to these, and now I love them. I think they sell them in Starbucks or similar? Obviously not as nice as authentic though :tongue:
Original post by SoapyDish
I've got a Dutch friend who introduced me to these, and now I love them. I think they sell them in Starbucks or similar? Obviously not as nice as authentic though :tongue:

Never saw them in Starbucks :eek: My mum used to bring me those from Amsterdam airport shop, when she was flying from there, but it was ages ago. I since couldn't find them anywhere, but Aldi, and I should say they are as nice as the real ones :biggrin:
Tbh, when I'm in Starbucks, I tend to buy biscotti- they are so nice and crunchy, perfect with coffee :biggrin:
Being from good old Northern Ireland - I love nothing more than potato farls

and veda

But on a recent trip to Japan I loved Melon Bread
Reply 112
Original post by Fusion

i've never seen the spinaci, but if its anything as good as the speciale, the funghi, the pollo, or the vegetale picante, then it will be incredibly awesome.
Reply 113
Original post by py0alb
i've never seen the spinaci, but if its anything as good as the speciale, the funghi, the pollo, or the vegetale picante, then it will be incredibly awesome.

Also the only range of pizzas that have a fine crust imo
Beigli is possibly my favourite thing in the world. Alas I cannot find anywhere that sells it in the London area. There used to be a little Hungarian shop my dad picked it up from near Xmas when I was younger, but it has closed down now :-( so we are reliant on my uncle's business trips to Hungary to bring us back stock. Polish makowiec is a pretty close substitute for poppyseed beigli, but not quite the same.

Also, Tyrrells Proper Popcorn is lush, especially the two slightly unusual flavours. I bought a few bags at the Masterchef Live show last November, but can't find a local stockist. Boo.

Tymbark apple-mint juice is delish as it's so refreshing. It can be bought in most Polish shops and large Tesco stores though, so I guess it's not really that obscure.
Reply 115
I got back from Germany today, I think I'm addicted to Ritter and everything Kinder that they have and Schwarzbrot and carbonated water (though none of my English friends there seemed to like it they called it "disappointing lemonade") and the list could last forever...
Original post by Georgina_
I got back from Germany today, I think I'm addicted to Ritter and everything Kinder that they have and Schwarzbrot and carbonated water (though none of my English friends there seemed to like it they called it "disappointing lemonade") and the list could last forever...

Don't you just love their motto?

Quadratisch. Praktisch. Gut.

:awesome::awesome:
Original post by Georgina_

I adore shwartzbrot and anything Kinder :biggrin:
Reply 118
I find it bizarre that Kinder have two totally different bars named "Duplo" that are absolutely different in appearance and taste (one's like a wafer log, the other's kinda like a Bueno).

Would it really be mental to name two different products with different names?!
Original post by TotoMimo
I find it bizarre that Kinder have two totally different bars named "Duplo" that are absolutely different in appearance and taste (one's like a wafer log, the other's kinda like a Bueno).

Would it really be mental to name two different products with different names?!

Glad I'm not the only one, always got really confused by that! And on the subject of Kinder, the Country bars are amaaaazing! :biggrin:

http://www.kinder-chocolate.com/kinder-country.html

Latest