The Student Room Group

KPMG School Leavers Scheme - One question for people with experience?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by FoSho'
Well and truly messed that up. Never mind eh! Should I expect a confirmation email or anything once I've done the test? As I didn't get anything?

No confirmation email, but I had my result 18h after doing the tests.

Don't give up hope, I had answered about 40% of the numerical test and guessed alot of the verbal, because I simply didn't understand. What makes you think it went so wrong?
Reply 161
Original post by Glen_Nichols
No confirmation email, but I had my result 18h after doing the tests.

Don't give up hope, I had answered about 40% of the numerical test and guessed alot of the verbal, because I simply didn't understand. What makes you think it went so wrong?

Ahh just a culmination of things. Got put off by noises right at the start of my verbal and struggled to recover. You just start getting paranoid that you've lost too much time. Didn't complete the verbal, the passages of text are really hard to decipher.

Did less than half of the numerical. On some questions I found the data so difficult to process that I just cycled through every question concerning it ha.

Didn't know how badly I wanted it! For someone with an A in A-Level Maths and English I'm quite disappointed with myself tbh! Ah well, should count myself lucky that I have a uni place to fall back on. Some people might not even have that.

Good luck people, priceless opportunity

- On a side note, can't believe you got 3 rejections with predictions and GCSE's like those! Just goes to show how competitive everything seems to be nowadays.
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 162
Original post by FoSho'
Didn't know how badly I wanted it! For someone with an A in A-Level Maths and English I'm quite disappointed with myself tbh! Ah well, should count myself lucky that I have a uni place to fall back on. Some people might not even have that.

In my personal opinion, the tests are aimed at testing your logic and basic feel for numbers, rather than your technical knowledge in English and Maths so don't give up hope.
Reply 163
I was successful on the tests too :smile:
Answered 17/24 for numerical and all of the verbal.
Does anyone know when they are going to start interviews?
Reply 164
Congrats^

Did anyone take the tests via Firefox?
Reply 165
todays the last day for tests! hopefully I will hear from them today considering I failed the verb but passed the numerical :/
Reply 166
Passed!!! Unbelievably chuffed. Anyone know how I find out which percentiles I fell into?
Reply 167
Original post by FoSho'
Passed!!! Unbelievably chuffed. Anyone know how I find out which percentiles I fell into?

Go to your academic reference towards the bottom.

When do we find out about interviews?
Reply 168
Original post by housey11
Go to your academic reference towards the bottom.

When do we find out about interviews?

They just told me they'd be in touch, no specific date. I'd guess 3-4 weeks. Must be tough for those of you with exams! What are you guys prioritising?
(edited 13 years ago)
Original post by FoSho'
They just told me they'd be in touch, no specific date. I'd guess 3-4 weeks. Must be tough for those of you with exams! What are you guys prioritising?

Are you on a gap year?
Reply 170
Original post by barbiegirl1991
Are you on a gap year?

Yep!
Reply 171
Original post by FoSho'
Congrats^

Did anyone take the tests via Firefox?

Yeah, it did say only use internet explorer or that other one, tried using firefox and it worked fine, don't see why they specified for some other web browser.

They sent me an email saying they are currently reviewing my application, and may take a few days to respond. Has anyone else had this and been successful? I'm taking anything but success from that reply :frown:
i just got my results and am so confused.
they emailed me saying they are reviewing my application.

my results are so EXTREME lol.
got 4% in Verbal
and 85% in Numerical....

T Score - 426 (Verbal) and 313 (Numerical)

What does everybody thing? any chance of getting in?

i ran out of time for the Numerical and guessed about half of them, quickly, i am now worried that they were looking for accuracy.
Reply 173
Where'd you find your results if they said they're reviwing your results?
Original post by FoSho'

Knew it, you drama queen :P
Reply 175
Thanks for that, looked through the pages again and found it - not looking so good. Numerical 83/ Verbal 26. All I can do is sit and hope, worst thing that can happen is I get declined and go the normal uni route :/
Original post by Kane93
Thanks for that, looked through the pages again and found it - not looking so good. Numerical 83/ Verbal 26. All I can do is sit and hope, worst thing that can happen is I get declined and go the normal uni route :/

I am 68/39- passed.

Why is it everyone seems to be well above average on the numerical tests?
Reply 177
Because we all cheated :smile:

Nah only kidding, did about 11/12 of the questions then saw there was 38 seconds on the clock - so clicked the most random answers possible, complete luck if anything.
Reply 178
Original post by Kane93

Where did you find the scores at? I got the same email but only got it today so it might not be available to view yet.
Reply 179
If you go to view your application, scroll down to academic references - the top one being the one you supplied, second one down being the one with the results and some other stuff and is named "Candidate upload: Converted PDF - App Form"

Open that and scroll down to the top of page 4 and it should be there.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending