The Student Room Group

What do you think should be done about disruptive students in lessons?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by im so academic
What a pathetic comment. Imo, I think everyone should have the opportunity for the best subjects and the best grades - not being taught C grade content for Health and Social Care because you deem them not to be "good enough".

Imo, the EBacc is the best thing to have graced the education system in modern times.

What? What I said had nothing to do with your comments.

Imo, the EBacc is the best thing to have graced the education system in modern times.

Why? Its not a qualifcation itself, its just a label that sounds better than saying "5 good GCSE grades in the following subjects"

So in its current state its a bit pointless.

And if you were to make it useful by making it a different qualfication, then I would still have problems with it. Many people are brilliant and sciences but pretty poor at languages / english. Many people are the other way around. By lumping them all together, all you do is ensure a large number of people will be bogged down by the stuff they aren't so good at.
(edited 13 years ago)
So you're saying it is acceptable for a child's teacher to have CCD, but not her doctor?

Teaching is a very different profession to being a doctor.
Aside from that... Not doing amazing at GCSE, but then trying REALLY hard to turn things around and always doing brilliantly from then on should be acceptable. It means they got a hell of a lot better.
Original post by Emaemmaemily
What? What I said had nothing to do with your comments.

I replied to you.
Aside from that... Not doing amazing at GCSE, but then trying REALLY hard to turn things around and always doing brilliantly from then on should be acceptable. It means they got a hell of a lot better.

He got CCDU at a level-come on. A doctor has peoples life at stake and a yeacher, peoples futures.
Original post by WelshBluebird
Why? Its not a qualifcation itself, its just a label that sounds better than saying "5 good GCSE grades in the following subjects"

I know.

So in its current state its a bit pointless.

And if you were to make it useful by making it a different qualfication, then I would still have problems with it. Many people are brilliant and sciences but pretty poor at languages / english. Many people are the other way around. By lumping them all together, all you do is ensure a large number of people will be bogged down by the stuff they aren't so good at.

Is it fair people are being FORCED into doss subjects to up the school's league table points?
Reply 506
Original post by PendulumBoB
He got CCDU at a level-come on. A doctor has peoples life at stake and a yeacher, peoples futures.

Not to mention the fact that the teacher has to teach the doctor before they go to medical school.
I replied to you.

It wasn't related to what I said.

Yes, but if he did brilliantly afterwards, it's not a reflection on his current abilities at all. It's just a reflection on his abilities as a 17 year old.

But it doesn't actually address the issue of GCSEs being dumbed down

A doctor is a different profession from an investment banker, your point is?

Hmm, there is a reason why people spend hundreds of thousands to be educated at the top places.

Yes, but if he did brilliantly afterwards, it's not a reflection on his current abilities at all. It's just a reflection on his abilities as a 17 year old.

But how did he even get into university to prove said abilities.
A doctor is a different profession from an investment banker, your point is?

My point came after that statement.
Those results show his ability when he was 17. If he did brilliantly on his degree and pgce afterwards, THAT'S the reflection on his ability as an adult.
It wasn't related to what I said.

You wrote it?

So you're saying it is acceptable for your doctor to have achieved CCDU? Or your dentist? Or your lawyer?
Wrong quote sir?

Wrong quote, right person. I'm pretty lazy and couldn't be bothered to press the back button. I was replying to the 'you prove my point. The kids are better out of mainstream schools.' Or something along those lines...Again, to lazy to go back and check!

Well clearly he got in with those grades and then improved immensely.
But it doesn't actually address the issue of GCSEs being dumbed down

True, it just addresses the league table scam.

Imo, scrap GCSEs/A-levels and bring in O-Levels/iGCSEs and the IB/Pre-Us.

Agreed. :lolwut:
You wrote it?

So you're saying it is acceptable for your doctor to have achieved CCDU? Or your dentist? Or your lawyer?

No. What YOU said, didn't relate to what I said.

Yes it's acceptable, as long as they went on to do very well at university and beyond.

so sorry i brought that up!
and theyv taken it as your saying!

whoooops haha.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending