The Student Room Group

How clean is your uni room? Have I got OCD?!

Scroll to see replies

Original post by azn-wonder91
OMG. So I recently visited a friend at uni..and nearly died when I saw her room.

Briefly:

Kitchen: Dirty dishes/mouldy food

Bathroom: wet/mouldy rug, over-flowing bin, toothpaste in sink, skid marks in toilet, hair in drain, dirty mirror and wet towel!

Room: Unwashed sheets/un-made bed, clothes/hair stuff on floor, general mess EVERYWHERE, food wrappers/rubbish everywhere. Photographs and frames and postcards etc stuck everywhere.

Obviously this would be classed as dirty..by ANYONE? RIGHT??

But when I tried telling my friend it was unhealthy she said it's "student living" and that I'm just OCD. And that my room isn't "homely" :frown: And worst of all that my plug-in air fresher is just suffocating :frown: She says I should live more like a student and stop being OCD but seriously is this seriously OCD behaviour on my part?

-Change bed sheets/cases every week
-Make bed every morning
-Change towels every 2/3 days
-Wash clothes every time I wear them apart from jeans/jackets/cardigans/jumpers
-Hoover every week with shake n vac mmm
-Clean bathroom floor with anti-bacterial wipes every week
-Dust every 2/3 days
-Clean toilet/bathroom everyday
-Open window every morning to air my sheets
-Constantly have air freshener plugged in but on low setting
-Generally put everything back in it's place when I'm done with it?! Like if I'm studying only my study stuff will be out and she thinks it's really weird that for example I always put my hair brush/drier/straighteners away when I'm done.

I just hate having clutter but now she's made me paranoid I have OCD?! My notice board had a year planner and some leaflets on it to make my room "studenty" but I hated it and finally ripped everything off and threw it away and now it's just plain with 2 photos and a religious thingy. Pictures attached. She says it's a symbolisation of my OCD. AHHHHHHHH!!!!! So I've uploaded pics of my room and kitchen as well and can you please reassure me that it's normal and not OTT :smile:

awwww i lurrrvveee your room...not ocd @ all
i hoover my bedroom everyday dont like it when there is hair everywhere ewww, wish my sis would help sometimes though lol
so lucky yu obly have you to mess it up and no-one else..if that makes sense x
Reply 21
Original post by ibs137
pahaha! only OCD soometimes!! :tongue:

:wink:

OMG what the hellll is happening in ur sig?! Tht guy..did he survive?! :frown:
Reply 22
Original post by Snooz
I wouldn't worry about having OCD, OP hehe. In fact, if you did, your room might be in considerable disarray. You would be so preoccupied moving things around all of the time that you would be so emotionally drained half-way through the process that you couldn't finish anything. Or, you would move nothing and leave it the way it is. OCD is all about patterns, which are often difficult or unthinkable to consider disrupting. Also, for obsessive compulsives whom share a hypochondriacal bent, you'd likely be very concerned about what chemicals that air-freshener is pumping out!

I'd say you're just neat and tidy! :biggrin:

Oh wow they're all very interesting points! :biggrin: Thank you!
Reply 23
:wink:

OMG what the hellll is happening in ur sig?! Tht guy..did he survive?! :frown:

yep he survives :smile: but with 4 broken ribs
Reply 24
Original post by pinky_pwincess
awwww i lurrrvveee your room...not ocd @ all
i hoover my bedroom everyday dont like it when there is hair everywhere ewww, wish my sis would help sometimes though lol
so lucky yu obly have you to mess it up and no-one else..if that makes sense x

Wow you hoover everyday?! That's dedication! I find hoovering such a chore! it does make sense :redface: x
Reply 25
Original post by ibs137
yep he survives :smile: but with 4 broken ribs

Craaaazy! Why did they run him over? What's going on? I'm gonna have nightmares. :frown: thanks for tht BABES.
Reply 26
Craaaazy! Why did they run him over? What's going on? I'm gonna have nightmares. :frown: thanks for tht BABES.

lol well basically the guy in the car was beaten up really badly and he got in his car wanted to get away. here is the full vid http://www.ebaumsworld.com/video/watch/981504/

no problem BABES :tongue:
Reply 27
Original post by ibs137
lol well basically the guy in the car was beaten up really badly and he got in his car wanted to get away. here is the full vid http://www.ebaumsworld.com/video/watch/981504/

no problem BABES :tongue:

OHH okay...I guess that makes it a bit more acceptable! hmm I don't dare watch it PPOPIE BEAR :frown: loooooooooooooooool :aetsch:
Reply 28
I wouldn't say I'm as bad as you but I do try to keep it tidy... I can't work in my room when it's a mess, but I don't 'keep it tidy' I'll just tidy it once a week properly.

Reply 29
Original post by Rybee
I wouldn't say I'm as bad as you but I do try to keep it tidy... I can't work in my room when it's a mess, but I don't 'keep it tidy' I'll just tidy it once a week properly.

Aww nice room :smile: OMGGGG @ the pic in ur sig!!! Head under sand = a phobia of mine!!!!

Quick Reply

Latest