The Student Room Group

What to do when your life is ****?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by zohaib01
At least your not broke and have to pay 800 quid for summer rent no id no money FML plus going us NO MONEYYYY

Your sig o.o her boobs kinda turned me on... and Im straight!!
Original post by Reml
No, i just have strong, Christian moral convictions; it is a serious problem and he needs to have it rectified immediately if he wants to be happy

You being a bigoted ---- is a problem that needs to be rectified even more immediately, and your protracted absence would make a lot of people happy.
Reply 22
Original post by Reml
No, i just have strong, Christian moral convictions; it is a serious problem and he needs to have it rectified immediately if he wants to be happy

That automatically leads to Homophobic attitudes and the immediate condemning of it as a "mental disease" does it? :rolleyes:

Its religions **** nuts like you that piss me off. The times of such far right, steadfast Christianity are a bygone event. Such views hold no in civilized society.
Reply 23
Original post by DH-Biker
That automatically leads to Homophobic attitudes and the immediate condemning of it as a "mental disease" does it? :rolleyes:

Its religions **** nuts like you that piss me off. The times of such far right, steadfast Christianity are a bygone event. Such views hold no in civilized society.

Yes, as it dictates in scripture, so it must be condemned; there is no picking and choosing what the scripture dictates.

If my views don't fit in with "civilised" society, then i don't want to live in "civilised" society if thats the way its turning
Reply 24
Original post by Reml
Yes, as it dictates in scripture, so it must be condemned; there is no picking and choosing what the scripture dictates.

If my views don't fit in with "civilised" society, then i don't want to live in "civilised" society if thats the way its turning

Don't worry, civilised society doesn't want you either :wavey:
Reply 25
Original post by Reml

Unless of course said scripture is wrong. I assume you're talking about the Bible, which is filled with irrationality anyway. If you don't believe it, which many people don't, should you still follow its context? :rolleyes:

Tough, civilized society is here. If you don't like it, go and live in a cave. Practice your ignorant, bigoted teachings there. :rolleyes:
Or, accept that Homosexuals have exactly the same rights as anyone else, and if that happens to slap your "scripture" in the face, so be it.
I'd take a society of Homosexuals over a society that you want filled with people like you.
Especially so if that "Christian party manifesto" bull**** you wrote a week ago was anything to go by.
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 26
Original post by Anonymous
Anon or delete please, can't be dealing with anyone I know finding out about this in r/l.

I've literally had the worst time out tonight, was out with a few mates and most of the night was just focussed on my sexuality which makes me pretty uncomfortable.

I'm bisexual but I'm not out, it's not a matter of that I really care that much, I just don't see ow it's relevant for anyone to know that I'm bi. So basically half the night was people debating whether I was gay or straight or making me answer truths from truth or dare relating to it.

Seriously not impressed by it all so ended up leaving.

The worst thing about the night though is that my mate (who I assume is straight (though I have a bit of a crush on him)) telt me that he was moving in with his other mates. Me and him were planning on getting a flat together but since he was going home for summer it wouldn't work out....then I figured a way out it could...but he'd already made plans with his friends from uni.

I'm just like...gutted. Seriously. Rather than sharing a two bedroom really nice flat for like £250/month it means I'll have to get a one bedroom half decent flat for about £350/month which is seriously depressing.

There's not even a reason for me to stay in this city since I'm not at uni or anything other than work.

I just sorta feel like my life is as low as it could possibly go atm. /rant

tl;dr?

Everyone speculates I'm gay, I'm not but I don't see how it's relevant for them to know my sexuality so I'm p****ed at them for finding it so important. And the guy who I adore is getting a flat with other people rather than me so I'm pretty much f****d for the next year.

:console:

I know how you're feeling, I went through a really similar thing last October.

Only difference was I already had plans in place to move in with someone, then left uni and it all fell apart.

Anyway, on the sexuality front I'd say go for it, "Come Out" as they say. I was so nervous when I did (I'm gay, not bi btw), but honestly it is the single best thing I've ever done.

I did it subtly at first (literally just changing my "Interested in" on Facebook) and my friends just started asking me about it. Didn't deny a thing just said "Yup, I am" then continued the conversation.

It's not all roses if you come out - I lost a "friend" because of it, all this "Oh it's unnatural" bullcrap. Truth is though, they weren't a real friend, because they didn't like the real me!

Anyway, only you know if you're actually ready to come out, but honestly it lifts a HUGE weight off your shoulders, you feel like you are actually yourself. Be prepared to be the butt of some jokes though, but they're usually made in good nature :tongue:

Remember things WILL get better, you're just in a rough patch at the moment :smile:

If you ever want someone to chat to or anything who kinda understands, then just drop me a PM, I'll reply as soon as possible :smile:

P.s. Ignore the homophobic bigot(s) in this thread, they're few and far between in reality I find :smile:
Be ashamed it took you this long to realise that's bloody life.
Reply 28
Original post by Reml

My response to this:

Reply 29
Anon or delete please, can't be dealing with anyone I know finding out about this in r/l.

I've literally had the worst time out tonight, was out with a few mates and most of the night was just focussed on my sexuality which makes me pretty uncomfortable.

I'm bisexual but I'm not out, it's not a matter of that I really care that much, I just don't see ow it's relevant for anyone to know that I'm bi. So basically half the night was people debating whether I was gay or straight or making me answer truths from truth or dare relating to it.

Seriously not impressed by it all so ended up leaving.

The worst thing about the night though is that my mate (who I assume is straight (though I have a bit of a crush on him)) telt me that he was moving in with his other mates. Me and him were planning on getting a flat together but since he was going home for summer it wouldn't work out....then I figured a way out it could...but he'd already made plans with his friends from uni.

I'm just like...gutted. Seriously. Rather than sharing a two bedroom really nice flat for like £250/month it means I'll have to get a one bedroom half decent flat for about £350/month which is seriously depressing.

There's not even a reason for me to stay in this city since I'm not at uni or anything other than work.

I just sorta feel like my life is as low as it could possibly go atm. /rant

tl;dr?

Everyone speculates I'm gay, I'm not but I don't see how it's relevant for them to know my sexuality so I'm p****ed at them for finding it so important. And the guy who I adore is getting a flat with other people rather than me so I'm pretty much f****d for the next year.

Bolded: Cos that's a great idea :wink:

Just man up and tell them you're bisexual so would they kindly shut up and find something better to do. You dodging and weaving is going to be very obvious from your body language and it's this that intrigues them, it's natural for them to bait you.
(edited 13 years ago)
Original post by ch0llima
My response to this:

28NnWphc8Iy

lol, I'd rep but none left
Reply 31
Original post by Reml

Bye then.
When life hands you lemons, cut life's hands off.
Reply 33
Original post by neillya1
:console:

I know how you're feeling, I went through a really similar thing last October.

Only difference was I already had plans in place to move in with someone, then left uni and it all fell apart.

Anyway, on the sexuality front I'd say go for it, "Come Out" as they say. I was so nervous when I did (I'm gay, not bi btw), but honestly it is the single best thing I've ever done.

I did it subtly at first (literally just changing my "Interested in" on Facebook) and my friends just started asking me about it. Didn't deny a thing just said "Yup, I am" then continued the conversation.

It's not all roses if you come out - I lost a "friend" because of it, all this "Oh it's unnatural" bullcrap. Truth is though, they weren't a real friend, because they didn't like the real me!

Anyway, only you know if you're actually ready to come out, but honestly it lifts a HUGE weight off your shoulders, you feel like you are actually yourself. Be prepared to be the butt of some jokes though, but they're usually made in good nature :tongue:

Remember things WILL get better, you're just in a rough patch at the moment :smile:

If you ever want someone to chat to or anything who kinda understands, then just drop me a PM, I'll reply as soon as possible :smile:

P.s. Ignore the homophobic bigot(s) in this thread, they're few and far between in reality I find :smile:

Hah, ta for the advice. I honestly shouldn't be allowed near a computer when I'm drunk though /cringe/ (however you may start getting drunk m's after that offer now if I go into my depressive drunk mode - apologies in advance)
I'll probably come out eventually, he'll be first on the list undoubtedly since he just seems so trustable. Which is also why he's annoying as hell. He's basically said straight that we're mates regardless of my sexuality yet I get the impression that he doesn't like gay people.
A lot of things in his personality and how he acts remind me of myself really which makes me wonder if he really is straight...which makes the scenario worse since I'm convincing myself he likes me as more than a friend. Time will tell I suppose :tongue:

Some of the comments on this thread are lol. Obviously my life isn't that awful. Sorry for misleading some of you looking for a far more depressive situation...
Reply 34
Hah, ta for the advice. I honestly shouldn't be allowed near a computer when I'm drunk though /cringe/ (however you may start getting drunk m's after that offer now if I go into my depressive drunk mode - apologies in advance)
I'll probably come out eventually, he'll be first on the list undoubtedly since he just seems so trustable. Which is also why he's annoying as hell. He's basically said straight that we're mates regardless of my sexuality yet I get the impression that he doesn't like gay people.
A lot of things in his personality and how he acts remind me of myself really which makes me wonder if he really is straight...which makes the scenario worse since I'm convincing myself he likes me as more than a friend. Time will tell I suppose :tongue:

Some of the comments on this thread are lol. Obviously my life isn't that awful. Sorry for misleading some of you looking for a far more depressive situation...

Haha no worries, I'm sure I can deal with drunk PM's :tongue:

That sounds very similar to the situation I had :tongue: Won't disclose anymore here, never know who's reading!! :wink:
Original post by Reml

And you think a 2000 year old book written by a bunch of goat farmers who believed every animal in existence lived within a mile of Noah's house and that we live in sin because a man was persuaded to eat an apple by a talking snake is a reliable guide to society?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending