The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1800
Original post by thegodofgod
Unfortunately, my school's not like you - I have to take it, no other choice :frown:

But if you get bad grades u can just not cash it in or write it on ur ucas form, so you don't need to even bother working for it. You can stop teachers from reading ur ucas form by making it only accessible to you. Don't be a dingbat and spend valuable time on a useless subject. Spend it on something important like chem, bio or maths or ur other a levels.
Reply 1801
*Begs school to switch to Edexcel* :top:

Edexcel is terrible for chemistry. The questions are irrelevant, much too difficult and the board itself is not really reliable like ocr. This comes from experience, and not just because I am an idiot; i got 98% in chem unit 1. Still think it's useless.
Reply 1802
Original post by Quackers93
Welcome! Lol I'm a reapplicant :smile: there are a few of us on this thread :tongue: by asking that question I guess you too are a reapplicant? If so where'd you apply :smile:

Where'd you apply? I'm kings imperial leicester st.georges.
Original post by Jabbo12
But if you get bad grades u can just not cash it in or write it on ur ucas form, so you don't need to even bother working for it. You can stop teachers from reading ur ucas form by making it only accessible to you. Don't be a dingbat and spend valuable time on a useless subject. Spend it on something important like chem, bio or maths or ur other a levels.

Dude, it's only 1 hour a week, with no homework or extra work whatsoever - plus I get to practise my German speaking skills in the lesson as well (CT teacher can speak fluent German as well) :tongue:
Original post by Jabbo12

Hey, I'm guessing you got an amazing UKCAT score because you applied to kings/leicester, any tips apart from practising loads? (I'm planning to apply to leicester, and kings if I get a good enough UKCAT score)

Cheers :biggrin:
Original post by Jabbo12

Original post by Jabbo12
Edexcel is terrible for chemistry. The questions are irrelevant, much too difficult and the board itself is not really reliable like ocr. This comes from experience, and not just because I am an idiot; i got 98% in chem unit 1. Still think it's useless.

Really? I thought AQA was awful for GCSE and Biology is still pretty awful, but Edexcel Chemistry is really good, the exams are fine as well, everything that comes up has been covered by the textbook. :smile:
Original post by Hot Bobby Darling
anyone on the leicester hospitals work observation course??

why neg?

They didnt get in or something?? :dontknow:

I tried for the observation course but didnt get in, you must have got your form in really fast, I gave in mine 1 day after the forms were released and was too late :frown:
But that doesnt mean I negged you by the way! :tongue:

Trying to get volunteering there though... :biggrin:

That lecture thingy is meant to be in the easter holidays isnt it??
Tell me how it goes.. :smile:
Original post by oHellno
Really? I thought AQA was awful for GCSE and Biology is still pretty awful, but Edexcel Chemistry is really good, the exams are fine as well, everything that comes up has been covered by the textbook. :smile:

I did AQA Science and Additional Science (Double Science) and it was pretty good :top:

Wish I could have done Separate Sciences though :sad:
Reply 1808
Original post by Jabbo12

Hi,

I'm a hopeful med applicant 2012
Is that the places you applied last year if so what was the feedback - im thinking of applying to St Georges and Imperial

I did AQA Science and Additional Science (Double Science) and it was pretty good :top:

Wish I could have done Separate Sciences though :sad:

Same, it was alright, but I just find the exams so stupid, Chem and Physics were alright, but the Biology ones were dumb. I just don't like AQA :mmm:
Original post by oHellno
Same, it was alright, but I just find the exams so stupid, Chem and Physics were alright, but the Biology ones were dumb. I just don't like AQA :mmm:

Same:

Did you do the B1 exam in June 2010? It was bloody annoying - how the hell are we meant to know what a bloody quadrat is?

I did B1, B2, C1, C2, P1, P2, and got 100 UMS in all apart from B1, in which I got 77 UMS -.-

Same:

Did you do the B1 exam in June 2010? It was bloody annoying - how the hell are we meant to know what a bloody quadrat is?

I did B1, B2, C1, C2, P1, P2, and got 100 UMS in all apart from B1, in which I got 77 UMS -.-

LOL yeah I did, that exam was such a flop. Usually if an exam goes bad I'd be worried, which I was but I couldn't help but laugh at how ridiculous it was. Genuinely thought I got less than 50% lol.

And same, got full UMS in all of them apart from B1, but I got my A* so couldn't really care haha
Original post by spoinkytheduck
They didnt get in or something?? :dontknow:

I tried for the observation course but didnt get in, you must have got your form in really fast, I gave in mine 1 day after the forms were released and was too late :frown:
But that doesnt mean I negged you by the way! :tongue:

Trying to get volunteering there though... :biggrin:

That lecture thingy is meant to be in the easter holidays isnt it??
Tell me how it goes.. :smile:

haha i managed to get my form in as quickly as possible, and they mentioned how 60-70 people didn't get in :s-smilie:
yeah the lectures were yesterday and it was pretty decent actually. some of it (probably the most relevant in regards to getting into uni) was nothing that you couldn't find out on tsr (e.g. grades, resit policy, differences between traditional, integrated and PBL courses), although it was more specific to getting into Leicester Medical School. there were a few talks mainly by anaesthetists on health and safety and code of conduct in the hospitals, confidentiality and career choices after graduation, and talks on university life and women in medicine. all in all a good day :smile:
haha i managed to get my form in as quickly as possible, and they mentioned how 60-70 people didn't get in :s-smilie:
yeah the lectures were yesterday and it was pretty decent actually. some of it (probably the most relevant in regards to getting into uni) was nothing that you couldn't find out on tsr (e.g. grades, resit policy, differences between traditional, integrated and PBL courses), although it was more specific to getting into Leicester Medical School. there were a few talks mainly by anaesthetists on health and safety and code of conduct in the hospitals, confidentiality and career choices after graduation, and talks on university life and women in medicine. all in all a good day :smile:

Sounds really interesting.. aww I'm gutted!! :frown:
My college didnt even send off a load of applications as they heard the course was already full... so I'm guessing the real number is probably a lot more than 60 - 70..

How are your ASs going?? (I'm assuming you're a first year in sixth form??) :smile:
Sounds really interesting.. aww I'm gutted!! :frown:
My college didnt even send off a load of applications as they heard the course was already full... so I'm guessing the real number is probably a lot more than 60 - 70..

How are your ASs going?? (I'm assuming you're a first year in sixth form??) :smile:

ohh noo! i feel really sorry for you! yup 1st year :wink:. yeah they're going OK 3 A's in january in maths, bio. phys., but my school won't let us take unit 1 chemistry until summer, so i've got both unit 1 and 2 chem to revise along with the rest :angry:. what about you, what subjects are you doing??
ohh noo! i feel really sorry for you! yup 1st year :wink:. yeah they're going OK 3 A's in january in maths, bio. phys., but my school won't let us take unit 1 chemistry until summer, so i've got both unit 1 and 2 chem to revise along with the rest :angry:. what about you, what subjects are you doing??

Aw.. bad times with the chem.. although good times with the other subjects!! :tongue:
You must have a bit of a random chem department.. seeing as you took the unit ones of the other sciences..

Yeah, same subjects, but with 4 As in jan (cos we took the chem unit 1 :wink: )

Where are you thinking of applying??

At our school we aren't allowed to do C1 maths exams in Jan :frown:, so I've got C1, C2 and S1 to revise for :cry:

The Further Maths set do C1 and C2 in Jan, then C3, C4, S1 and M1 in June :eek:
Aw.. bad times with the chem.. although good times with the other subjects!! :tongue:
You must have a bit of a random chem department.. seeing as you took the unit ones of the other sciences..

Yeah, same subjects, but with 4 As in jan (cos we took the chem unit 1 :wink: )

Where are you thinking of applying??

i think it's more to do with us starting the term late that the chem teachers thought it would be too hard but yeah whatever :smile: erm i haven't really chosen yet, but i'd like to study in london.. i may apply to UCL if i grow some cojones, if not, i'll probably apply to qmul instead. are you thinking of taking UKCAT or BMAT, and where dyou want to apply? hows revision?
At our school we aren't allowed to do C1 maths exams in Jan :frown:, so I've got C1, C2 and S1 to revise for :cry:

The Further Maths set do C1 and C2 in Jan, then C3, C4, S1 and M1 in June :eek:

that's not too bad, i started c1 maths in summer year 11, so now i'm also doing an extra applied option (decision), so i've got D1, M1 and C3 to revise :frown:
that's not too bad, i started c1 maths in summer year 11, so now i'm also doing an extra applied option (decision), so i've got D1, M1 and C3 to revise :frown:

We've got 6 weeks to cover C3 after the May/June exams - between 10th June and 22nd July :s-smilie:

We've got a C3 end of book test on our first maths lesson back after the summer holidays :cry:

Then we'll be doing C4 for the whole year :shifty:

Latest

Trending

Trending