The Student Room Group

2012 Medicine Re-Applicants Mark I

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1100
Original post by twelve
Haha, I was literally JUST reading this.

Funniest thing I've read in aaaages :biggrin:

I meant the cooking and cleaning bit :P

Haha, I'm okayy, just tired now :/ I don't understand the bold bit though :s-smilie:

i couldn't read it to the end but it seems funny, lol. You've lost me :tongue:

Ha right, same. Working 54hours this week, sob. I basically want to go on holiday. Lol
Reply 1101
Original post by dmz
i couldn't read it to the end but it seems funny, lol. You've lost me :tongue:

Ha right, same. Working 54hours this week, sob. I basically want to go on holiday. Lol

Ohh I see. That is a lot of working :/ But means more money, hey :biggrin:
Reply 1102
Original post by twelve
Ohh I see. That is a lot of working :/ But means more money, hey :biggrin:

Haha, you know what you have to do :sexface: only kidding
Reply 1103
Original post by dmz
Haha, you know what you have to do :sexface: only kidding

Haha, I just noticed the thing on your name - manwhore in the making?

You playaaaa.
Reply 1104
Original post by twelve
Haha, I just noticed the thing on your name - manwhore in the making?

You playaaaa.

Haha, it was penguins idea :tongue: he called me a manwhore and i said i was still in the making. Lol

Haha i don't play girls, i don't hide my intentions :wink:
Reply 1105
Original post by dmz
Haha, it was penguins idea :tongue: he called me a manwhore and i said i was still in the making. Lol

Haha i don't play girls, i don't hide my intentions :wink:

Hahaa, I seeeee.

What are you revising for anyway?
Reply 1106
Original post by twelve
Hahaa, I seeeee.

What are you revising for anyway?

decision maths. I got a C in it, had a break up few minutes before going in. That's my excuse anyway
Reply 1107
Original post by dmz
decision maths. I got a C in it, had a break up few minutes before going in. That's my excuse anyway

Ahh decision:rolleyes: those were the days. Now its all fiurther extra, ridiculously difficult maths... :frown:

Yeahh, that could mess up an exam for anyone. Pretty cruel to do it then though?
Original post by dmz

You need to sort her out, demi. Pay a visit to her house and take a gun with you. Lol.:colone:
Reply 1109
Original post by firestar101
You need to sort her out, demi. Pay a visit to her house and take a gun with you. Lol.:colone:

Haha i just get her to cheat on her bf. Meh
Original post by twelve
Ahh decision:rolleyes: those were the days. Now its all fiurther extra, ridiculously difficult maths... :frown:

Yeahh, that could mess up an exam for anyone. Pretty cruel to do it then though?
we did it right at the end of A2 to have it easy but it turns out to be my worst exam thru college :facepalm:

she was cruel, no idea who did it. We broke up a 1000 times before and after that, she cost me a grade in biology too. Lol. Gosh i hate girls (in relationships)
Reply 1110
Original post by dmz
Haha i just get her to cheat on her bf. Meh
we did it right at the end of A2 to have it easy but it turns out to be my worst exam thru college :facepalm:

she was cruel, no idea who did it. We broke up a 1000 times before and after that, she cost me a grade in biology too. Lol. Gosh i hate girls (in relationships)

Yeah, my friend had decision as her worst subject - although the exam we had was terribleee. I think I was just lucky.

Hmm, she doesn't sound very nice at all (to put it politely). Did it cost her grades too?
Reply 1111
Original post by twelve
Yeah, my friend had decision as her worst subject - although the exam we had was terribleee. I think I was just lucky.

Hmm, she doesn't sound very nice at all (to put it politely). Did it cost her grades too?

nah she was smart about things, i was whipped and led by my penis :lol:
No need to be polite, she's a bitch.
Original post by dmz
nah she was smart about things, i was whipped and led by my penis :lol:
No need to be polite, she's a bitch.

Now he's changed though, He's no longer whipped but still led by his penis though :fyi:

B****s be b****es :colonhash:
Reply 1113
Original post by Mask Of Sanity
Your academics are fine for most universities! Cambridge no though, unless you get an A*. Birmingham (and possibly any other universities that require a specific amount of A* at GCSE) are also a no. I'd also go ahead and say not to apply to Oxford and perhaps King's who tend to like many A*s at GCSE, same with Liverpool. Play to your strengths.

Depending on what you get in your UKCAT, it'll either open you up to medical schools or narrow them down.

Generally though, your academic profile is fine. Only slightly limited.

Ok, thanks :smile: I better just check out all the medical schools thoroughly before I decide! That was probably my biggest mistake this time...

But I guess for now I better just prioritise my A levels, I won't get anywhere with less than AAA. Thanks a lot anyway, I'm reassured :tongue:
Reply 1114
got 4 rejections too :frown:
kings
queen marys
imperial

were all without interview

st georges

post interview

i think my admission test scores let me down heavily....

planning on getting some work exp this summer...getting good A2's and hopefully sailing into med school next year...emphasis on the HOPEFULLY
Anyone had any feedback from St Andrews yet?
Original post by praj1
got 4 rejections too :frown:
kings
queen marys
imperial

were all without interview

st georges

post interview

i think my admission test scores let me down heavily....

planning on getting some work exp this summer...getting good A2's and hopefully sailing into med school next year...emphasis on the HOPEFULLY

Could be because you called Barts and the London "Queen Mary"
If you reapply there then whatever you do don't call it Queen Mary at an interview :tongue:

You say you're admissions tests let you down? What UKCAT and BMAT did you get? :dontknow:
Reply 1117
hi everyonee !
im going to be reapplying aswell with hopefully three A's.
i was wondering whether i should do any more work experience in the summer as i feel i have enough. or shall i do some through the year (and in my personal statement i could say i will be doing so and so, so that i can talk about it at interviews?) :s
also guys i need major help with the ukcat lolol i flopped it last year...less than 600... :frown:
i just really hope i get in this time!! and wish all of u the best too! :smile:
Original post by laurenl93
Cuz Newcastle is fitt :cool:

I received the Newcastle prospectus a couple of days ago :love: It's just ... lovely :daydreaming: :love:

Original post by Anterior view
Anyone had any feedback from St Andrews yet?

I sent them a letter but still haven't heard anything :frown: Maybe they're just taking their time :frown:
(edited 13 years ago)
Original post by MJHERBZ
Ok, thanks :smile: I better just check out all the medical schools thoroughly before I decide! That was probably my biggest mistake this time...

But I guess for now I better just prioritise my A levels, I won't get anywhere with less than AAA. Thanks a lot anyway, I'm reassured :tongue:

I know exactly what you mean by not choosing wisely or making sure my application suits the medical schools I've applied to. Being a re-applicant, I definitely made the mistake the first time (less so the second time but still there :ninja:).

Definitely though. For now, concentrate on your A-levels and once you have your grades in hand, the rest can come. Just ask TSR if you're unsure with choices. :tongue:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending