The Student Room Group

Islamification is a good thing

Scroll to see replies

Reply 200
Original post by tieyourmotherdown
Because inevitably young, second/third generation Muslims aren't going to have as many children as their parents because they'll be more assimilated into the local culture, so the birth rate is going to drop when they become of childbearing age. The Muslim birthrate in the UK is already predicted to drop by 0.5 in the next 20 years.

Not to mention this doesn't take into account young Muslims leaving the faith, which although unlikely, is still more likely than for older generations.

:rofl: put it this way - if the Muslim population doubles in 20 years, unless the birth rate halves in the same time, then the absolute value of the number of increasing Muslims also increases. Simple maths.
Original post by Selkarn
:rofl: put it this way - if the Muslim population doubles in 20 years, unless the birth rate halves in the same time, then the absolute value of the number of increasing Muslims also increases. Simple maths.

Do you not think I know this? I'm merely explaining why the Muslim birthrate is predicted to drop, which you seemed to have trouble understanding. I'm not saying the actual population is going to go down.
Reply 202
Original post by tieyourmotherdown
Do you not think I know this? I'm merely explaining why the Muslim birthrate is predicted to drop, which you seemed to have trouble understanding. I'm not saying the actual population is going to go down.

So what if the birth rate is predicted to drop? If you actually did the mathematics, I'm 99% sure that you would find that, using predicted birth rates, Muslims would still soon become the majority..

I don't know how we even got onto this birth rate thing anyway. It's completely irrelevant to the thread.
Original post by Selkarn

I don't know how we even got onto this birth rate thing anyway. It's completely irrelevant to the thread.

I agree, but if you look at post number 128 you'll find out how it got introduced to the discussion and, of course, by whom. :biggrin:
Reply 204
Civilisations end & new civilisations are created. Islam's began in the 7th century and lasted till the early 20th century. It is said in the hadeeth it will come back, though I'm not to sure whether UK is included.
Reply 205
Original post by Good bloke
I agree, but if you look at post number 128 you'll find out how it got introduced to the discussion and, of course, by whom. :biggrin:

I only mentioned it briefly as it was relevant.. the extent to which birth rate is being discussed now is like discussing the detailed mechanics of firearms in a gun control thread..
Original post by Selkarn
So what if the birth rate is predicted to drop? If you actually did the mathematics, I'm 99% sure that you would find that, using predicted birth rates, Muslims would still soon become the majority..

Original post by Selkarn
I only mentioned it briefly as it was relevant.. the extent to which birth rate is being discussed now is like discussing the detailed mechanics of firearms in a gun control thread..

Hmmm. . .
Reply 207
Original post by Tesphena
Hmmm. . .

Anyone can take things out of context :rolleyes: mentioning Muslim birth rates in passing is relevant, an indepth discussion on the mathematics behind Muslim birth rates isn't. Get it?
Original post by Selkarn
Get it?

Well, no actually. If you want to bring forward ridiculous arguments that is your prerogative, but you can't expect people to let you get away with them unanswered. If you then, like a dog with a bone, refuse to let go you are bound to have people persisting against you. So the very thing you complained about as irrelevant was started by you - and then you have the brass-necked cheek to claim it was relevant for you to mention it but not for others to do so. :rolleyes:
Original post by Selkarn
Sorry if I am wrong but I thought that "birth rate" means "births per woman", not per person, in which case it's quite substantially more realistic (the video I posted a while back said the birth rate for Muslims in France is higher than 8, which even I find very hard to believe, but there you go).

Yes you are right, don't know what I was thinking.

I don't understand your point about the UK's young population. Why would youngsters growing old cause the birth ratio to plummet?

Its about ratios. Let's say, for the sake of argument, that right now 75% of the Muslim population are of child-rearing age. This is partly a product of high birth rates, partly a product of the fact that migrants are nearly always young. Assuming that people stay in the UK, and assuming that birth rates remain constant, the percentage of Muslims over 45 will rise and the percentage of child-rearing age will drop.

Well, I disagree with this completely. You can't deny that Muslims have more influence in a country where they are 60% of the population than if they were 2% of the population, for example.

Of course its a factor, but it isn't a determining factor. Take Bahrain for example: a majority Shiite population ruled by a Sunni minority. Conversely, it is possible to be a very influential minority, such as Jews in America.

Its also important to think about what birth rates mean. In every country in the world I'm aware of, high birth rates are synonymous with poverty. Birth rates plummeted as developed economies developed, and they have dropped in the wealthy areas of India and China. Even within an economy like the UK, it tends to be those at the bottom of the socio-economic ladder that have multiple children: the stereotype is of chavs with 10 babies, not of massive middle-class families. The UK has seen it all before with high birth-rates amongst the Irish immigrant community.

If the Muslim community is to reduce its levels of relative poverty, I would expect birth rates to come down. Poverty is the opposite of influence: if birth rates don't change over the next 10 years, that would imply to me that the Muslim community is still living in relative poverty, with all the negative consequences (lack of contacts, poor education, isolation from the rest of society) that entails.
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 210
Original post by jacketpotato
Yes you are right, don't know what I was thinking.

Its about ratios. Let's say, for the sake of argument, that right now 75% of the Muslim population are of child-rearing age. This is partly a product of high birth rates, partly a product of the fact that migrants are nearly always young. Assuming that people stay in the UK, and assuming that birth rates remain constant, the percentage of Muslims over 45 will rise and the percentage of child-rearing age will drop.

Of course its a factor, but it isn't a determining factor. Take Bahrain for example: a majority Shiite population ruled by a Sunni minority. Conversely, it is possible to be a very influential minority, such as Jews in America.

Its also important to think about what birth rates mean. In every country in the world I'm aware of, high birth rates are synonymous with poverty. Birth rates plummeted as developed economies developed, and they have dropped in the wealthy areas of India and China. Even within an economy like the UK, it tends to be those at the bottom of the socio-economic ladder that have multiple children: the stereotype is of chavs with 10 babies, not of massive middle-class families. The UK has seen it all before with high birth-rates amongst the Irish immigrant community.

If the Muslim community is to reduce its levels of relative poverty, I would expect birth rates to come down. Poverty is the opposite of influence: if birth rates don't change over the next 10 years, that would imply to me that the Muslim community is still living in relative poverty, with all the negative consequences (lack of contacts, poor education, isolation from the rest of society) that entails.

Not really the best example, is it? Seeing as there's a civil war brewing because of that very fact. BTW, the whole point in a democratic society is that no matter what poverty you live in, or how educated you are, your vote is equal to that of the highest university professor.. so you can gain influence in democracy purely through numbers.
Reply 211
Seriously, no one cares about your personal beliefs.
Shut it and keep it to yourself.
Reply 212
Original post by siwelmail
Whenever I hear Islam I hear terrorism in my head echoing, that's not being racist, that's just looking at a trend

Edit: Neg rep is fun!

Hmm looks like you sure love the news. The flat screen can prove to be poisonous *sigh*
Reply 213
Original post by Selkarn
Not really the best example, is it? Seeing as there's a civil war brewing because of that very fact. BTW, the whole point in a democratic society is that no matter what poverty you live in, or how educated you are, your vote is equal to that of the highest university professor.. so you can gain influence in democracy purely through numbers.

Which is Quality verses Quantity.And it's always Quality that matters, agreed!!
Reply 214
Original post by Stef90
Seriously, no one cares about your personal beliefs.
Shut it and keep it to yourself.

215 posts, 4,124 views and 123 positive/negative reps combined says otherwise. If nobody cares about anyone else's beliefs then there would be no point in discussion forums such as this, you might aswell go onto notepad and write messages to yourself.
Original post by At peace
Hmm looks like you sure love the news. The flat screen can prove to be poisonous *sigh*

Don't have a flatscreen :frown:
Don't like our society? **** right off. Why should society change for you? It's democracy for a reason.
Reply 217
Original post by siwelmail
Don't have a flatscreen :frown:

Oh dear, now that sure is sad.
Original post by At peace
Oh dear, now that sure is sad.

Buying one soon though
islamification is an awful thing for great britain. i don't want us to change and move towards that tripe! i can't stand islam and its petty life rules. the burka is one example of something very irritating that doesn't belong here.

i see no benefits for us to turn towards this religion at all. the rules are so preposterous; killing all 'unclean' animals in some cases.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending