The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 8180
Original post by affinity89
Got the ball rolling transfer wise. The girl in HR said to check back next Saturday to see if they had managed to sort anything. If they can, great. If they can't, great [cause then I can quit lol]. :smile:

Not had a bad day, just a hectic one. Got called off my break twice, after working 6 hours before getting it. The supervisor who called me back did apologise but it is still a bit annoying. Plus, I ended up working an extra 20 minutes after my shift because we were busy. It kinda bugs me that such 'overtime' is unpaid although I can understand why... Still, home now. Time to chill. :smile:

I get paid for any time I go over my shift (Up to 15 minutes)?

Tell your manager you worked an extra 20 minutes and basically say "I want to be paid or i'm going to be late by 20 minutes on my next shift".
Reply 8181
Original post by swarfliam
Plus side - store closed Easter Sunday when i work, so day off!
Bad side - less money :frown:

Look at the document above your clocking in machines. You do not have to work on that Sunday, and you will still get paid. It will appear on your pay slip as "Authorised Paid Absence".

You just won't get the Bank Hol Premium
Original post by Foulish
Look at the document above your clocking in machines. You do not have to work on that Sunday, and you will still get paid. It will appear on your pay slip as "Authorised Paid Absence".

You just won't get the Bank Hol Premium

Really?
I didn't see any sign and my checkout manager said something about having to take it off as a holiday if i want to get paid?
Original post by JemMills
So I filled in my holiday form and handed it to my department manager who as far as I know, just left it behind the counters and hasn't done anything. Now that he has left, I have to get a new form, fill it out and hand it to the fresh department manager. I'm probably not going to get the days off in May that I wanted now :frown: Argh!

Do you just pick up a new holiday form from HR?

we have a bit of paper to sign if we want it then they live it in the holiday forms box. or just go to your dept manager and say you want to book a holiday, can you do it now (cos they have to book it in)
Reply 8184
Really?
I didn't see any sign and my checkout manager said something about having to take it off as a holiday if i want to get paid?

Easter Sunday is the only day you don't need to take off as holiday to get paid :wink:
Oh dear. They are at it again with calling to change my shifts.

They want me to do a day shift on the royal wedding day. Not a bad request in itself, except from the fact I have the Thursday night before and the Saturday after off - those are the only two shifts I've been able to book off since Christmas. There is no way I am going in on the day inbetween - crazy suggestion lol!
Original post by FXX
Easter Sunday is the only day you don't need to take off as holiday to get paid :wink:

Oh nice!
Do you reckon you could be any problem with my wages on Thursday as for two of my shifts they asked me to come in from 8-2, instead of 12-6?
Reply 8187
With Friday being a bank holiday, do we get paid on Thursday instead?
Original post by cjcw20

I'd be surprised, since it's automated, but a few people have said we do, so who knows! It would be nice :smile:
Reply 8189
Well I remember payday at the end of December 09 was a bank holiday, New Years Eve I think, and it went in the day before. Then again they may have just been feelin generous seein it was Christmas time lol hope it goes in early, I'm goin on holiday to London on Thursday.
Original post by cjcw20

Yep we definitely get paid on Thursday, I checked with work last night and today on my HSBC Internet Banking thing, it showing my pay as a pending transaction which means it'll go in the next day :smile:
Original post by beherenow94
I Got my IPM from about 18 to avg of 22 each week now with a few things
- if during a transaction you have to stop scanning press quantity
- if there is ever a gap between serving people sign out , quantity only slows IPM.
- if your store still has a conveyor belt in the packing area keep it on all the time unless someone asks you to switch it off
- Learn PLU codes- I can pretty much do any common fruit/veg without going through the slow menu system.

Hope this helps! Tbh tho, loads of people in my store have ipms of like 15 and no one cares

Really pressing quantity works? I tried pressing it but it just came up with an error message.

The c/o manager has changed at my store and has said I need to get my IPM up in the next two weeks. Im genuinely worried that they are going to get rid of me because of it due to what she was saying. I've not even been self scan trained yet when the others who started only a little bit before me have been.
Original post by cjcw20
Well I remember payday at the end of December 09 was a bank holiday, New Years Eve I think, and it went in the day before. Then again they may have just been feelin generous seein it was Christmas time lol hope it goes in early, I'm goin on holiday to London on Thursday.

i was hoping theyd do it this year because it was my bday on the 29th and of course pay day was 31st i think. pooop.
Original post by funkyfish08
Yep we definitely get paid on Thursday, I checked with work last night and today on my HSBC Internet Banking thing, it showing my pay as a pending transaction which means it'll go in the next day :smile:

Oh man, there's nothing on my Nationwide yet :s-smilie: :mad:
Original post by FXX

Whaaaaaat, my manager told me that it's unpaid :frown:
Reply 8195
o goddd so many hot cross buns...

made over 600 packets yesterday :frown:
Reply 8196
Guys got an interview for pharmacy assistant tomorrow and its been mentioned there will be a maths test lol. I haven't done any maths since I left school and although I have been brushing up on it for uni i'm kinda worried. Anyone have to do something similiar when they joined?
Original post by Foulish
I get paid for any time I go over my shift (Up to 15 minutes)?

Tell your manager you worked an extra 20 minutes and basically say "I want to be paid or i'm going to be late by 20 minutes on my next shift".

Hi, how do you go about getting a job at sainsburys? I always look on the website but they have vacancies for like drivers and stuff in places such as Derby etc :frown:.

Also are references important?
Oh man, there's nothing on my Nationwide yet :s-smilie: :mad:

Its Wednesday today.

Original post by j.laurence
Hi, how do you go about getting a job at sainsburys? I always look on the website but they have vacancies for like drivers and stuff in places such as Derby etc :frown:.

Also are references important?

All recruiting is done through the website, you just have to keep checking until there is a suitable vacancy for you.
Original post by cherrycola32
Its Wednesday today.

All recruiting is done through the website, you just have to keep checking until there is a suitable vacancy for you.

Latest