The Student Room Group

Islamification is a good thing

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Selkarn
215 posts, 4,124 views and 123 positive/negative reps combined says otherwise. If nobody cares about anyone else's beliefs then there would be no point in discussion forums such as this, you might aswell go onto notepad and write messages to yourself.

yes you have those views because the people here aren't morons and want to know what your reasons for being so wrong are. of course islamification is a bad thing! all religions are! and especially islam.
Original post by Selkarn
I'm White, and not someone you'd expect to be Muslim. However, I have a rising interest in Islam, and so too do many other White people in this country and other Western nations. There is growing dissatisfaction with the "typical" Western lifestyle. This is a huge generalisation, but I believe that the White lifestyle/culture in this country is, to put it bluntly, highly degenerate, being orientated around materialism, consumerism, alcohol, drugs, casual sex, highly dependent on the government to provide, and also suffers (in my view) from a lack of religious insight. I believe Islam could provide the solution to these, and I may very well soon be one of the many tens, if not hundreds of thousands of White people to formally embrace Islam.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1343954/100-000-Islam-converts-living-UK-White-women-keen-embrace-Muslim-faith.html

You're referencing the Daily Fail to back this up?
Reply 222
Original post by llamalad200
islamification is an awful thing for great britain. i don't want us to change and move towards that tripe! i can't stand islam and its petty life rules. the burka is one example of something very irritating that doesn't belong here.

i see no benefits for us to turn towards this religion at all. the rules are so preposterous; killing all 'unclean' animals in some cases.

1.sharia law can only be considered when there is over 50% muslims in the country.
2. The burqa is optional in islam, the hijab is compulsory (even though it cannot be forced)
Reply 223
Original post by JohnC2211
Don't like our society? **** right off. Why should society change for you? It's democracy for a reason.

"I disagree with you! Git outta' ma country!!"
:rolleyes:
Reply 224
islamification is an awful thing for great britain. i don't want us to change and move towards that tripe! i can't stand islam and its petty life rules. the burka is one example of something very irritating that doesn't belong here.

i see no benefits for us to turn towards this religion at all. the rules are so preposterous; killing all 'unclean' animals in some cases.

Tell me, why do you find the burka irritating?

yes you have those views because the people here aren't morons and want to know what your reasons for being so wrong are. of course islamification is a bad thing! all religions are! and especially islam.

When I made this thread, I obviously didn't expect everyone to agree with me. If I did expect everyone to agree with me, there would be no point in making the thread.

People have agreed with me, people have disagreed with me. This is a generally middle-class student forum so of course, the results are going to be skewed - to be honest, though, I'm surprised that the ratio of agree:disagree isn't more in the favour of the latter. Clearly with a few factors such as the rising numbers of Muslims, the rising number of converts, and the rising numbers of people who don't have knee jerk reactions to Islam and view it from a neutral perspective, Islam is gaining more influence.
Reply 225
Original post by TurboCretin
You're referencing the Daily Fail to back this up?

Where did I reference it? I suggest you look up a dictionary for the word reference - at no point in my post did I reference any other work. I simply provided the Daily Mail's article as an example of a White Muslim convert, the like of which there are hundreds of thousands, and are ever increasing in the UK.
Reply 226
Original post by imzir
1.sharia law can only be considered when there is over 50% muslims in the country.

Why do you say that?
Original post by Selkarn
Where did I reference it? I suggest you look up a dictionary for the word reference - at no point in my post did I reference any other work. I simply provided the Daily Mail's article as an example of a White Muslim convert, the like of which there are hundreds of thousands, and are ever increasing in the UK.

Kind of missing the point mate.
Original post by Selkarn
"I disagree with you! Git outta' ma country!!"
:rolleyes:

And why the hell not? If I was to migrate to a different country I'd damn well make sure I abide by their laws, customs, etc. I don't agree with Islamaphobia, but nor do I agree with the minority of Muslims who brainwash children into strapping bombs to their chest.

If they think our society is so god damned bad, why come over here in the first place? I wouldn't live somewhere if I thought the society was bad. Life in England is damn good compared to the life in many, many countries. Free healthcare, the right to vote, etc. If they don't like it, they can get out of the country as far as I'm concerned.

Me disagreeing with them has nothing to do with me wanting them out of the country. It's their feeling that our society is so inadequate for them.

So sit up there on your high horse over-using the rolling eye emoticon to give yourself an erection if you must, but don't assume to know a damn thing about me or my beliefs; or anyone else's for that matter.
Reply 229
Original post by Selkarn
Why do you say that?

I was speaking to an imam. He told me that sharia law is only allowed to be imposed when the majority are muslim or if the country/state wants to be ruled under sharia.

He said that it was because sharia law is a law best for muslims - however if the majority are against it then it is not allowed for it to be enforced on them - unless they willingly want it.
Reply 230
Original post by TurboCretin
Kind of missing the point mate.

Yeah, you're the one who clearly misused the word "reference", but I'm the one who missed the point..
Reply 231
You make valid points, but no, just no.
Reply 232
Original post by JohnC2211
And why the hell not? If I was to migrate to a different country I'd damn well make sure I abide by their laws, customs, etc. I don't agree with Islamaphobia, but nor do I agree with the minority of Muslims who brainwash children into strapping bombs to their chest.

If they think our society is so god damned bad, why come over here in the first place? I wouldn't live somewhere if I thought the society was bad. Life in England is damn good compared to the life in many, many countries. Free healthcare, the right to vote, etc. If they don't like it, they can get out of the country as far as I'm concerned.

Me disagreeing with them has nothing to do with me wanting them out of the country. It's their feeling that our society is so inadequate for them.

So sit up there on your high horse over-using the rolling eye emoticon to give yourself an erection if you must, but don't assume to know a damn thing about me or my beliefs; or anyone else's for that matter.

Er, you what - I'm more British than most people - I was born here and identify as an English person with English ancestry. Just because someone doesn't share your perfect Western opinion doesn't mean you have any right to tell people to leave their homeland.
Original post by Selkarn
Yeah, you're the one who clearly misused the word "reference", but I'm the one who missed the point..

Christ, do I have to spell it out for you?

Reference, n. /?r?f?r?ns/

1. An act or instance of referring
2. An mention; allusion
3. A book, passage etc. to which one is directed

Pretty sure a link to an article relevant to your argument fits within that.

Back to the substantive point, which you're still avoiding, the Daily Mail isn't exactly the kind of source that is going to give people respect for your position.

EDIT: No IPA, shame.
Scroll, Scroll, Scroll, retards, Troll.
Why is this thread not dead yet?
Reply 236
Original post by liam1994
You make valid points, but no, just no.

Yeah.. No offence but that's the whole problem with the vast majority of people. "The reasons are valid, the points are good, but no. Just no."

People so set in their ways and traditions that they can't see a good thing due to their knee-jerk reactions to a name that has been demonised by the media..

1 Minute Ago
Remove user from ignore listTesphena
This message is hidden because Tesphena is on your ignore list.
Reply 237
Original post by Selkarn
Yeah.. No offence but that's the whole problem with the vast majority of people. "The reasons are valid, the points are good, but no. Just no."

People so set in their ways and traditions that they can't see a good thing due to their knee-jerk reactions to a name that has been demonised by the media..

1 Minute Ago
Remove user from ignore listTesphena
This message is hidden because Tesphena is on your ignore list.

I think the amount of neg reps you have recieved shows the rotten mentality of a lot of people against Islam.
Prove Islam - any religion, tbh - has some grounding in its believe which isn't mythical hearsay and I might consider. :colone:
Reply 239
Original post by Good bloke
I've got bad news for you. Those aspects of western society that you don't like are not going to change for the better (in your eyes). Not only that, but western society is going to become more secular as time goes by, and the chances of it becoming Islamic are slim to zero. If these things really are important to you you are going to have to think about moving to a Moslem country. I suggest that Saudi Arabia will put you closer to Mecca and Medina. At least you'll be able to find out at first hand whether or not living there is an improvement. Be sure and let us know, won't you?

*Muslim*

Not trying to be funny or anything. It's just that your mistake was constant throughout this thread.
(edited 12 years ago)

Quick Reply