The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Quit your complaining, I did C1, C2 ,M1, Unit 1 biology/chemistry/psychology and unit 2 biology and chemistry in January :tongue:
Original post by Normandy114

Quit your complaining, I did C1, C2 ,M1, Unit 1 biology/chemistry/psychology and unit 2 biology and chemistry in January :tongue:

But didn't you start learning it from before? :mmm:
Original post by oHellno
But didn't you start learning it from before? :mmm:

True, but revising for 8 exams over Christmas wasn't exactly easy.
Original post by Hot Bobby Darling
i think it's more to do with us starting the term late that the chem teachers thought it would be too hard but yeah whatever :smile: erm i haven't really chosen yet, but i'd like to study in london.. i may apply to UCL if i grow some cojones, if not, i'll probably apply to qmul instead. are you thinking of taking UKCAT or BMAT, and where dyou want to apply? hows revision?

Ah right, probably better to take it once later than have to re-sit I suppose..

Well it is a bit early to decide anyway :tongue:
Haha.. thats the opposite to me.. staying away from london completely, bit too much of a country bumpkin.. and london can be a tad expensive to live in too!

My top 4 at the moment are Newcastle, Sheffield, Leeds and Birmingham (although thats likely to change! :tongue:) so I'll definately be taking the UKCAT and my final choices will be really dependent on that... and looks like I wont have to take the BMAT (the less exams the better.. :wink: )

I'm guessing you're planning on taking the BMAT if you're thinking of UCL?? (although I may be completely wrong.. havent done much research on london unis)

Revision is going okay, as of yesterday when I started my hardcore revision :cool:
And hopefully I wont run out of steam before the exams! :redface:
You?
Original post by spoinkytheduck
Ah right, probably better to take it once later than have to re-sit I suppose..

Well it is a bit early to decide anyway :tongue:
Haha.. thats the opposite to me.. staying away from london completely, bit too much of a country bumpkin.. and london can be a tad expensive to live in too!

My top 4 at the moment are Newcastle, Sheffield, Leeds and Birmingham (although thats likely to change! :tongue:) so I'll definately be taking the UKCAT and my final choices will be really dependent on that... and looks like I wont have to take the BMAT (the less exams the better.. :wink: )

I'm guessing you're planning on taking the BMAT if you're thinking of UCL?? (although I may be completely wrong.. havent done much research on london unis)

Revision is going okay, as of yesterday when I started my hardcore revision :cool:
And hopefully I wont run out of steam before the exams! :redface:
You?

lol i started revision last week, cos we got last week off from school, but last 2 days i haven't been able to revise as much as i hoped, i can't motivate myself to revise physics, it's sooo dull!! :fuhrer: i'm definitely gonna take UKCAT, as the only BMAT university i'd even think of applying to is UCL, which is wishful thinking anyway :wink: our school makes us do critical thinking/ gen studies as well for AS as part of our AQA baccalaureate, so if i get below a C in critical thinking, i can't do an EPQ.. probably should have taken my CT books home over the holidays then...:colondollar:
you guys are all lucky, at least you are allowed to take exams in January, my school banned AS exams being taken in january :frown:

But you'd have been learning the content for a year and a term beforehand :tongue:
Reply 1827
I haven't started preparing for UKCAT yet... concentrating everything on AS exams!
probably should have taken my CT books home over the holidays then...:colondollar:

You actually have CT books? :eek:

We don't have any textbooks / exercise books - I've just got a plastic wallet as my CT file :rolleyes:
Original post by fudgesundae
you guys are all lucky, at least you are allowed to take exams in January, my school banned AS exams being taken in january :frown:

At least you can apply to all of the "all module examinations in one sitting" universities :tongue:

True, but revising for 8 exams over Christmas wasn't exactly easy.

I feel your pain. I have 9 exams in May :sad:
Original post by oHellno
I feel your pain. I have 9 exams in May :sad:

I have 12 :cry:

But then again, 4 of them aren't AS exams, so really, it's just 8 :top:
Original post by thegodofgod

I have 12 :cry:

But then again, 4 of them aren't AS exams, so really, it's just 8 :top:

Wow, that really does suck. What are the other 4?
Original post by oHellno
Wow, that really does suck. What are the other 4?

A GCSE in Gujarati :wink: - got my first exam (speaking) on next Tuesday and haven't prepared for it one bit though :colondollar:
Original post by Jabbo12
Where'd you apply? I'm kings imperial leicester st.georges.

I went for St. Andrews, Aberdeen, Edinburgh and Glasgow
Only apply to three? Where you thinking this year? (or is that this years choices)

A GCSE in Gujarati :wink: - got my first exam (speaking) on next Tuesday and haven't prepared for it one bit though :colondollar:

Are you fluent? Cos if you're already decent at writing/reading then that's not tooo bad. I would flop an urdu exam so bad :lol:

ahh speaking is probably the easiest to get high marks in.. after my gujju oral the examiner said expect b/c in, it but i got a* :smile: btw about ct, do you have a revision website? cheers
Original post by oHellno
Are you fluent? Cos if you're already decent at writing/reading then that's not tooo bad. I would flop an urdu exam so bad :lol:

I'm fluent in terms of writing/listening/speaking, but my reading is so slow - it takes me a long time to process the characters :frown:

So, if I got decent A*'s in W/L/S, and get a B in R, I could potentially still get an A* overall.
ahh speaking is probably the easiest to get high marks in.. after my gujju oral the examiner said expect b/c in, it but i got a* :smile: btw about ct, do you have a revision website? cheers

Yeah, but according to my mum, my speaking's very colloquial Gujarati, not traditional/proper Gujarati :s-smilie:

EDIT: Not so far - I'll be sitting Unit 1 this May and Unit 2 next May, but I don't have any revision websites so far - have you tried googling:

Here
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 1839
Original post by Quackers93
I went for St. Andrews, Aberdeen, Edinburgh and Glasgow
Only apply to three? Where you thinking this year? (or is that this years choices)

I wrote 4.

Latest

Trending

Trending