The Student Room Group

I met her - shes cool - I like her

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
you can just be really good friends... theres no problem/complications with that?
Reply 21
Original post by NPhere
you can just be really good friends... theres no problem/complications with that?

shes made an immediate impression on me, and I like her, so I would like to talk to her and be her friend, but i dont wana be friends if that makes sense but i have to as she has a bf, but I dont want to be relegated to the friendzone either, but i wont come on strong or break her and her bf up. ahhh its complicated :frown: Maybe itll never be easy for me, as they are always not interested or taken :frown: haha
Reply 22
Just flirt with her lots and imply you like her. If her relationship isn't strong, you'll get to kiss her and touch her and make her feel like no man has ever before. If she likes her boyfriend, atleast she knows you want her and when the bf goes then you can get on that. If she loves him, than tough ****, nothing'll get in the way of that. Nothing should.
Reply 23
Original post by keira
Just flirt with her lots and imply you like her. If her relationship isn't strong, you'll get to kiss her and touch her and make her feel like no man has ever before. If she likes her boyfriend, atleast she knows you want her and when the bf goes then you can get on that. If she loves him, than tough ****, nothing'll get in the way of that. Nothing should.

wont that insult her tho, that im trying it on even tho i know that she has a bf? i dont want to do that.

also how would i imply that i like her??
Reply 24
Original post by Anonymous
wont that insult her tho, that im trying it on even tho i know that she has a bf? i dont want to do that.

also how would i imply that i like her??

why would she be insulted? girls in this situation are flattered or excited. if they're serious with their boyfriend they'll let you down gently, else she'll let you carry on.

just meet up and chat and get friendly and close but when you talk to her, make lots of eye contact. this is what the rest of the world call 'chemistry'. I've talked to girls on the street, like those donation collectors, and eye contact turns them to mush, srsly. Then just mention she has really pretty lips or something. Not too pervily or crudely, just drop them in. If you're smooth, she'll giggle and blush. It's in your hands man, make it happen.
Reply 25
Original post by keira
why would she be insulted? girls in this situation are flattered or excited. if they're serious with their boyfriend they'll let you down gently, else she'll let you carry on.

just meet up and chat and get friendly and close but when you talk to her, make lots of eye contact. this is what the rest of the world call 'chemistry'. I've talked to girls on the street, like those donation collectors, and eye contact turns them to mush, srsly. Then just mention she has really pretty lips or something. Not too pervily or crudely, just drop them in. If you're smooth, she'll giggle and blush. It's in your hands man, make it happen.

compliments and eye contact, and I thought she woulda been insulted or something, I think she may know that I like her anyway as i'm smiley around her and everyone has noticed that I like her - and shes smiley back and willing to create conversation also she was complimenting me the other day after knowing me for not so long, like I'm a (mention a school) boy me, - was you grammer stream (in like a jokey flirty way if that makes sense) i was like why you say that think i look attractive then? You come across as very intelligent (my name) *smiles*
Reply 26
compliments and eye contact, and I thought she woulda been insulted or something, I think she may know that I like her anyway as i'm smiley around her and everyone has noticed that I like her - and shes smiley back and willing to create conversation also she was complimenting me the other day after knowing me for not so long, like I'm a (mention a school) boy me, - was you grammer stream (in like a jokey flirty way if that makes sense) i was like why you say that think i look attractive then? You come across as very intelligent (my name) *smiles*

bump this thread when you poke her. do good.
Reply 27
Original post by Foo.mp3
Good because it ain't gonna happen son. See her as a friend yourself from now on, concentrate on girls who are more attainable/single!- it sounds as though you're setting your heart on mission impossible

that in itself is kinda hard, as i like her, just dont want to fall into the friendzone as you dont meet a girl like I have everyday!!! Shes different, shes awesome!!!

Though id have to figure out a way to be her friend, maybe just a good friend, flirt a little and see if she flirts back.
Reply 28
Original post by Foo.mp3
Unless you're very lucky, or have some edgeyness about you/an addictive personality, with chicks like you're invariably gonny get friendzoned whether you want to or not sorry.. :rolleyes:

Girls cheat all the time. What world are you living in
Reply 29
Original post by Foo.mp3
I've never come across a hottie who's considered it worthwhile to cop off with a guy like this sorry luv, what'd be the point in that?

Invariably they keep lads like this (the hanger on'ers) close, without ever taking it there, for support and the occasional self-esteem boost :rolleyes:

Also he sounds like a relatively moral character and has made it clear he doesn't want to encourage her to have illicit relations with him, even if it were possible, which, plainly, it ain't :holmes:

I, my dear, am living in the real world..

P.S. Apparently I was wrong to try to encourage you out of switching from medicine to the city - given the wreckless/mercenary nature of your (normative) comment above I now have greater confidence that you'd fit in with the self-serving IB set, you go girl! :smile:

Patronising sexist arse, your understanding of females is practically nil.
Reply 30
If eventually you do manage to pull her away from her boyfriend, whats the chances that someone will just pull her away from you? Find someone else man.
Reply 31
Original post by Foo.mp3
Patronising I will accept, sexist though?

I do not profess to understand all females, however I've known/spoken to a fair few young people, male and female, over the years so I do feel able to speak from experience with a reasonable degree of authority on this matter aye

nah. you're wrong
Reply 32
Yh but the question is to avoid the friendzone if she ever does break up with her boyf!! Thats all im coming from here, avoiding the friendzone, its happened many times before and i dont want it to happen again!! Why should every fit girl that I meet "Inevitably" as someone so elegantly put it, should end up in the friendzone??
How does one avoid that without breaking them up, as one poster said, if i can make it happen then surely someone else could to me.
Reply 33
Friend zone's not that bad, just don't talk to her TOO much and maintain an interesting, elusive image.
Reply 34
Original post by Arekkusu
Friend zone's not that bad, just don't talk to her TOO much and maintain an interesting, elusive image.

it is ive been in it, ive slept in it, ive eaten in it, ive practically lived in it for the past 20 years, i want to get out of the friendzone with girls that i meet who potentially would be partners!!! lol , so just maintain an elusive interesting image and i can stay out of this hell hole with this girl lol.
Reply 35
it is ive been in it, ive slept in it, ive eaten in it, ive practically lived in it for the past 20 years, i want to get out of the friendzone with girls that i meet who potentially would be partners!!! lol , so just maintain an elusive interesting image and i can stay out of this hell hole with this girl lol.

Yes, invite her to a few parties, talk to her irregularly, make sure you have interesting stories when you do. Pursue other girls frivolously. You get in the friend zone by talking to her too much, don't do that.
Yh but the question is to avoid the friendzone if she ever does break up with her boyf!! Thats all im coming from here, avoiding the friendzone, its happened many times before and i dont want it to happen again!! Why should every fit girl that I meet "Inevitably" as someone so elegantly put it, should end up in the friendzone??
How does one avoid that without breaking them up, as one poster said, if i can make it happen then surely someone else could to me.

For god sake man, you can't just hang around in hope that she breaks up with her boyf. If you aren't going to tell her outright that you like her and just hang around like a puppy dog then you are destined for friend zone hell.

In my opinion you should keep your distance somewhat. Be interested by all means, it's alright to let her know that you quite like her, but make sure that she knows that you are actively on the hunt for other women.

It is quite possible that you could be a best friend to her and suddenly she realises that she likes you more than your bf, unlikely, but possible. People have crushes in relationships and if they are in secure ones then they get over them. So it is possible that she could become attached to you and want something else, whether this is you on the side or to be in a relationship with you.
Just don't be the mug that does jobs for her at work etc whilst she is taking time off to shag the bf.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending