The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1100
NFC vs NFC!

Why not pick an AFC team... or how about an AFC North team... or just pick Baltimore to play, now that would be awesome!

I'll go watch it hopefully, should be a great game. I'll be a Bucs fan for the day as I cannot stand Jay Cuntler.
When do the tickets usually go on sale? Will be my first game :biggrin:
Reply 1102
Original post by Scott129
When do the tickets usually go on sale? Will be my first game :biggrin:

I'd guess not until they know if it is happening or not but maybe they'll sell them before that and just refund people? :dontknow:
Original post by 419
Bucs to play Bears at Wembley this year (if the league goes live by 23/10). Great line up and will probably go watch.
But one has to ask, are they trying to create a fan base for the BUCS over here?

Original post by Scott129
Hmm, should be a good game. I had my fingers crossed that the Packers would come but I have a small soft spot for the Bears :colondollar: I'll probably go.

I might go lol

Original post by T-Hill
NFC vs NFC!

Why not pick an AFC team... or how about an AFC North team... or just pick Baltimore to play, now that would be awesome!

I'll go watch it hopefully, should be a great game. I'll be a Bucs fan for the day as I cannot stand Jay Cuntler.

I want Packers, Colts (before manning retires), ravens, falcons.
Reply 1104
Would really love to go but I don't think I can justify travelling down from Durham for one game :p:. Why can't they have it earlier :moon:.
Original post by Mithra
Would really love to go but I don't think I can justify travelling down from Durham for one game :p:. Why can't they have it earlier :moon:.

Sure you can :biggrin: Only once a year too
Reply 1106
Original post by S129439
Sure you can :biggrin: Only once a year too

£55ish for return tickets, a 3hr journey each way + a hotel or something overnight and game tickets :beard:. It is kinda tempting :p:.
Original post by Mithra
£55ish for return tickets, a 3hr journey each way + a hotel or something overnight and game tickets :beard:. It is kinda tempting :p:.

so the equation is...

train tickets + time + hotel + game tickets + food (probably) - BEST THING EVER = BEST THING EVER TOTALLY WORTH IT!
Reply 1108
Ahh the Bucs :smile: wish it had been the Jets but still one of my fav teams to see matches of
One day we'll get the Lions over...
49ers... chargers.. or raiders? I want to support a team from my favourite state in America... but I don't know which of those three? Help me pick!!!
Original post by Greg1989
Ahh the Bucs :smile: wish it had been the Jets but still one of my fav teams to see matches of

I'm glad the jets didn't come. I would have had to throw things at them, hen get arrested :frown:

JK. Hate them, but would be fun to see.

Original post by WharfedaleTiger
One day we'll get the Lions over...

Eventually..... LOL

Original post by jimbles
49ers... chargers.. or raiders? I want to support a team from my favourite state in America... but I don't know which of those three? Help me pick!!!

We need some more info kid! Answer these questions:

1) Do you want a historical team, a newer team, an averagely old team, or don't care?
2) Do you want a passing team, a running team, a defensive team or a balanced team?
3) What is your favourite position?
4) what are your favourite colours?
http://www.nfl.com/schedules/interactive?module=HP_cp3

schedule announcements!!!

Patriots have a completely middle of the pack schedule. not too hard or too easy either so it will test us but not wear us out.

This is gonna be a good year.
Reply 1113
Eh, not a bad schedule for the Falcons.

Only one West Coast game and it is against the Seahawks so that's nice :p:
Reply 1114
Initial reaction to the schedule is that there are a lot of good match ups.
Can't wait for Week 9 game: Packers @ Chargers.

I'm a SD fan but have a soft spot for the Packers.
Reply 1115
Original post by jimbles

Chargers. Hands down.
Never won the SB (but have won the AFL :tongue: but that doesn't really count), - so you won't get accused of being a glory hunger.
Do have a history and are one of the most fun team to watch.

But be warned. It is frustrating supporting them but why would you want it otherwise.
Reply 1116
Based on the schedule I could see Ravens finishing with another 12-4 season.
Couldn't ask for a better week 1 game, Steelers @ Ravens!
The Saints at the Packers to kick off the season, that is going to be one hell of a match.

Obviously the Saints will be victorious but it should be a hard fought game of two quality offences, the defenses aren't bad either.
Original post by Mithra
Eh, not a bad schedule for the Falcons.

Only one West Coast game and it is against the Seahawks so that's nice :p:

You might even get to the playoffs...the only downfall their is I've won as many playoff games as Matt Ryan.
Reply 1119
Original post by S129439
I'm glad the jets didn't come. I would have had to throw things at them, hen get arrested :frown:

JK. Hate them, but would be fun to see.

Must admit Rex predicting the superbowl every year is getting a bit old but I supported them before he arrived and they are still very entertaining if nothing else, that being said despite his playoff record I still have no faith in Sanchez at all lol

Latest