The Student Room Group

Do McGill give unconditional offers for IB diploma students?

On my acceptane letter, it reads "Maintain ur current academic standard and obtain the IB diploma" I was accepted with a predicted score of 36/42 points.

Im worried that i might not be able to get the same score in my final exams, and then ill lose the offer :frown:

Can anyone clarify this?
My best friend is currently attending McGill, and most of my friends are at uni in the States/Canada. The way I understand it, Canadian and American universities don't really care how you do in your final year after you receive your offer, as long as you don't have a noticeable drop in grades or suddenly have discipline issues. It's not like in the UK where they say you have to make a specific grade, or else it's unlikely you'll get in. As long as you get your diploma and get around your predicted score, you should be fine :smile:
Reply 2
Original post by angelsnowflakes
My best friend is currently attending McGill, and most of my friends are at uni in the States/Canada. The way I understand it, Canadian and American universities don't really care how you do in your final year after you receive your offer, as long as you don't have a noticeable drop in grades or suddenly have discipline issues. It's not like in the UK where they say you have to make a specific grade, or else it's unlikely you'll get in. As long as you get your diploma and get around your predicted score, you should be fine :smile:

thanks!

but 'getting the diploma' means getting 24/42 points in the finals, which is considered as a significant drop from my predicted score which is 36.

Can you please clarify what you mean by significant drop?
thanks
Reply 3
dude just send them an email to clarify
Reply 4
dude i did. They just said the same thing as the letter... 'maintain your current academic standards'
Trust me, dude. It's 24 points...it's almost too easy, huh?
Reply 6
Some people have told me i only need 24, but some have said around 34.

But honestly i cant believe it to be 24, that would be a 12 POINT drop! It would be unconditional, but mcigll make it seem like its conditional.......
Reply 7
Original post by The Man of the Hour
Trust me, dude. It's 24 points...it's almost too easy, huh?

how are you so sure
Original post by --Butters--
how are you so sure

How did you do? Applying to McGill with IB now

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending