The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 4740
The apps have a certain polish or sheen to them that isn't seen on a lot of Android applications. Don't get me wrong, I love Android and I'm on stock 2.3.3 right now, however when looking at the iPhone and the overall package (build (aesthetics), screen quality, and the quality (again, aesthetics) of the applications, it looks a little better than the average spec'd Android phone.

is this really true these days? When my iphone friends get their phone out, they all have pretty much the same 20 apps or so as me, and those apps all look identical, such as facebook, fatbooth, angry birds, grindr, etc etc. The only difference is that i have a few extra apps that you just cant get on iOS, such as torrents app, free music download/streamer app etc

moreover, they seem better on either the larger screen of the desireHD, or the gorgeous super amoled screen of the galaxy s, when comapred to the iphone4.
Original post by bigmo7
I think it needs a repartition of the internal SD since we moved from Japanese Jellyfish. It's working now which is the main thing, only other thing is it needs a battery calibration; barely lasts through the day atm.

edit: 8000th post :king1: :biggrin:

I've found it to be pretty decent on the old battery, tbh. When the phone goes into a deep sleep overnight, it's only lost 4% of its charge over about 6 hours. During moderate use, mine seems to hold up pretty well. Mine's only lost about 15% since 9 AM
Reply 4742
Original post by Mad Vlad
I've found it to be pretty decent on the old battery, tbh. When the phone goes into a deep sleep overnight, it's only lost 4% of its charge over about 6 hours. During moderate use, mine seems to hold up pretty well. Mine's only lost about 15% since 9 AM

Yeah but the battery hasn't been that good since before I flashed CM7, it's usually because flashing ROMs can mess with battery calibration and I'm pretty sure the battery hasn't been at 100% at any time that I've flashed any of the ROMs so it probably needs calibrating. It's simple enough, I have to do it every now and again on my phone...
Galaxy is a bitch. I need a skype software that works anyone :/
I just plugged in my phone to my computer via USB for the first time. Now my phone has a screen saying connected, but my computer can't detect anything attached to it. I can get my lock screen on my phone, but when I unlock it it goes back to 'connected' and none of the buttons will do anything. It strikes me as odd that connecting my phone would temporarily disable it, and I thought it was supposed to be able to do things with my computer. Am I missing something?
Reply 4745
Original post by Arsenal4lif
Galaxy is a bitch. I need a skype software that works anyone :/

Skype works fine on my SGS. :confused:

Original post by Bobifier
I just plugged in my phone to my computer via USB for the first time. Now my phone has a screen saying connected, but my computer can't detect anything attached to it. I can get my lock screen on my phone, but when I unlock it it goes back to 'connected' and none of the buttons will do anything. It strikes me as odd that connecting my phone would temporarily disable it, and I thought it was supposed to be able to do things with my computer. Am I missing something?

Have you installed the drivers for you phone onto your pc? If you enable debugging mode on your phone you can get to the mass storage option.
Reply 4746
Flashed Gingerbread on my phone last night. Had a few problems but it's all fine now, look forward to seeing what the battery life is like...
Hrmpf. It no longer syncs gmail, google calender and contacts. Cleared the data from the apps, rebooted etc. etc. Corporate sync with my outlook works fine :/

Thinking about doing a factory reset. Do I need to unroot before that?

Edit: all good, somehow sync got deactivated, i just reactivated it with the power control widget. Weird, but it works now.
(edited 13 years ago)
Ahh I still need to join the soc :biggrin:
Original post by mikeyd85

Original post by mikeyd85
Welcome to TSR hub for Android discussion. We talk apps and games, provide support when needed and actively encourage all of you to root the hell out of anything that lives! :biggrin:

Join the Android Soc! :biggrin:

Find apps here: http://www.appbrain.com/

?!master?!mini?!'s recommended app list (14/01/11): http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showpost.php?p=29382210&postcount=3886

Android News: Phandroid | Android Police

The link to join is broken :mad2:
Original post by bigmo7
Skype works fine on my SGS. :confused:

Have you installed the drivers for you phone onto your pc? If you enable debugging mode on your phone you can get to the mass storage option.

Um. Where can i find the exe file please because I have a beta version which does not allow me to call : /

specs are great but I think it looks ugly

I hope the interface comes to other Android phones though (especially the Desire Z :redface:)
Original post by G8D
Should do, tbh.

well I'm sure someone will port it over to most devices anyway
Original post by G8D
Won't fit on devices before DHD/DZ and so would run from EXT and be slow.
So not, not in full.

well we can pray

I've genuinely seen miracles happen on xdadevs

...well not miracles but the devs are amazing
Original post by G8D
DHD ROMs literally cannot fit on previous devices. Trust me.
They need to run from SD and are sluggish as hell.

Is that ROM space though? Both the DHD and DZ (which I have) have 1.5GB storage space (well, I think they have 4GB but it's mirrored or something?) and the HTC Sensation has 1GB apparently
I was dead set on the galaxy s2 but now the htc sensation is also comig out at about the same time....

which one should i get? i plan to try both out in shops however was wondering if there is anything i should look out for
Original post by G8D
but I'm an HTC fanboy at best so don't hold that as gospel :colondollar:

same here thats why im more inclined to the sensation now lol. I think one of the reasons why the galaxy s2 looked so appealing at the time was becuase there was nothing quite as fast but now the sensation is pretty much the same phone - i guess itll boil down to how the phone is to use - i really like sense too and see it hard to change from it after having used it for 2 years
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 4758
Apple suing Samsung :teehee:

They should really make a list of the companies Apple isn't suing...
Reply 4759
Original post by G8D
Is Apple actually directly suing Google yet?

Genuinely wondering.

I don't think so, just pretty much everyone related to Google though...they're suing Samsung for their SGS and the Galaxy Tab being to similar to the iPhone and the iPad.

Latest

Trending

Trending