The Student Room Group
University College London, University of London
University College London
London

Official UCL Applicant Thread for Entry in 2011!

Scroll to see replies

Original post by magnum.opus
Yes, you're right :} The deadline is the end of May (woohoo! that gives me another month! *procrastinates decision longer*)

You live in Japan? I'm very sorry for all that is going on over there :frown: Best wishes from the USA!

I do. Maybe you'll spot me at UCL; I could be radioactive and glowing in a few months time. :charm:

But no, fortunately I'm quite far from all the damage. Means a lot all the same, so thank you! :snow:
University College London, University of London
University College London
London
Original post by sammydolce

Original post by sammydolce
I do. Maybe you'll spot me at UCL; I could be radioactive and glowing in a few months time. :charm:

But no, fortunately I'm quite far from all the damage. Means a lot all the same, so thank you! :snow:

I'll keep my eyes peeled for a charmander walking around UCL's campus :lol: If I see one, I'll know it's you ^-^ (I might have to catch you and train you, though XD The Elite Four is giving me hell, and I'm trying to beat them)
Original post by kerily
I'm in the exact same situation! Considering that your posts were a week ago, has either of you worked out what to do about it? I emailed them and asked but they never replied to me :teehee:

NOPE. Someone here must know though?!?!?!?!!!!
Reply 3103
I'm still waiting on my application for Countering Organized Crime & Terrorism :frown:
Heyy do you guys have any idea how the whole housing thing works for conditional students? I still got two months before I can finalize my offer but my friend who got into UCL as an unconditional student last year told me he signed up for a dorm this time around... any idea? I know it's rather presumtuous of me to be worrying about housing when I still have exams to revise and all that.. but I really cannot afford to live outside of school... :P
Reply 3105
Original post by CookieGhoul
Same. Not gonna firm it though :frown:

What will you firm instead!?
Original post by shmoobly
What will you firm instead!?

Hey. Probably Imperial for Mathematics with Applied Mathematics/Mathematical Physics
What would be better to choose for an MSc in Electrical Engineering, Telecom specialization:

1) UCL MSc Communications Research (at ~19000 GBP)
2) KCL MSc Mobile and Personal Communications (at ~14500 GBP)

In terms of

1) Job prospects
2) PhD prospects later on down the line with funding
3) Study environment for a person who is 30 years old and is returning to grad school after a decade.

Thanks in advance,

gradventurer
I just firmed UCL for law! :smile:
Original post by steffanie
I just firmed UCL for law! :smile:

I remember you from the Durham thread, wern't you gonna firm Durham? :s-smilie:
Original post by Ultimate1
I remember you from the Durham thread, wern't you gonna firm Durham? :s-smilie:

Noope, I wasn't sure which one to firm after visiting Durham, but then visited UCL and decided on there haha.
Noope, I wasn't sure which one to firm after visiting Durham, but then visited UCL and decided on there haha.

Lool You sorted out accomodation yet?
Lool You sorted out accomodation yet?

Not yet, I literally just got back from visiting UCL today, eek.
Did they take long to send the forms after firming it?
I'm all paranoid about missing the deadline even though it's over a month away!
Not yet, I literally just got back from visiting UCL today, eek.
Did they take long to send the forms after firming it?
I'm all paranoid about missing the deadline even though it's over a month away!

I havent done it yet either. I'm still confused on whether to stay at home or to live in halls for first year....
Reply 3114
I havent done it yet either. I'm still confused on whether to stay at home or to live in halls for first year....

Firming UCL, then?

Spoiler

Original post by bzzz
Firming UCL, then?

Spoiler

More than likely.

Spoiler

Reply 3116
More than likely.

Spoiler

:five:

I can't wait to go UCL and meet everyone from TSR there! LOL, gonna be intersting to see how everyone is in real life! :biggrin:

Have you sorted out student finance etc?
how annoying is that accommodation form?!?!?
Reply 3119
Original post by Free-Spirit
how annoying is that accommodation form?!?!?

I personally didn't find it annoying at all, however, I still filled it wrong and will have to do it again :rolleyes: As a disabled student, I will have to send in a form confirming it with a translation though!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending