The Student Room Group

Job propects in Oxbridge?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by mikeybey
Oh I see, that's a bit **** then! Good luck with your application, and don't worry about money, that's what an overdraft is for!

hehe i guess :tongue: but i really don't like the fact they apparently don't let you have a job during term time? :eek:
Reply 21
Original post by Jampolo
hehe i guess :tongue: but i really don't like the fact they apparently don't let you have a job during term time? :eek:

That's because they'd prefer to give you money rather than you work for it. I know for a fact that if I went to my college and told them I didn't have enough money and was going to need a part-time job, they'd just give me more money to live off. They bought my college wife a macbook for the love of God.

Oxbridge are weird places, it's not like other Unis whatever people may tell you. It may not be better, or unbeatable etc. but it's certainly different. You really don't want to have a job, and you don't need one.
Reply 22
Original post by JoMo1
That's because they'd prefer to give you money rather than you work for it. I know for a fact that if I went to my college and told them I didn't have enough money and was going to need a part-time job, they'd just give me more money to live off. They bought my college wife a macbook for the love of God.

Oxbridge are weird places, it's not like other Unis whatever people may tell you. It may not be better, or unbeatable etc. but it's certainly different. You really don't want to have a job, and you don't need one.

woah.. but is this money a 'loan' or a grant? I'd love to just study independently without a job, but affording is my worry!
Reply 23
Original post by Jampolo
woah.. but is this money a 'loan' or a grant? I'd love to just study independently without a job, but affording is my worry!

Can be either.

It is important to remember, however, that the fees increase will not make you any poorer/uni any harder to afford while you are a student.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending