The Student Room Group

Woodhouse college!

Scroll to see replies

Original post by the don
I'm already doing two languages; French and Latin. But i had to drop Greek, was the weakest in my set.

It was an Applied A level, i swear thats sort of the same thing though?

To be honest, how would i be able to get into a decent university if i went to Woodhouse? In my current school, most people go to amazing universitys, but my parents just can't hack 4 Childrens school fees.

So thats the only real thing im worried about and thats why its my "incase".

Do many people go onto likes of KCL or Warwick?

Then your languages arent a problem then...
Not sure about the applied alevel stuf..

Guessing your a private school kid :P, one of my friends was, she came because it got a bit too expensive.. you'll fit anyway....

Not sure about KCL at all, most of the people i know that applied there applied for medicine but withdrew as they just recently gave out there interviews and these guys already got into ucl, imperial, cambridge and stuff.........

Not sure about warwick at all :/
I know 4 people with places at the moment at cambridge, 3 are firming, 1 is insuring it..
Not sure about oxford only heard rejections..
2 so far at LSE as i know maybe more...
I know quite a few getting into manchester, southampton, edinburgh, birmingham..
Loads get into QM way above average...

But i know my economics teacher is from warwick
Reply 281
Original post by Iqbal007
Then your languages arent a problem then...
Not sure about the applied alevel stuf..

Guessing your a private school kid :P, one of my friends was, she came because it got a bit too expensive.. you'll fit anyway....

Not sure about KCL at all, most of the people i know that applied there applied for medicine but withdrew as they just recently gave out there interviews and these guys already got into ucl, imperial, cambridge and stuff.........

Not sure about warwick at all :/
I know 4 people with places at the moment at cambridge, 3 are firming, 1 is insuring it..
Not sure about oxford only heard rejections..
2 so far at LSE as i know maybe more...
I know quite a few getting into manchester, southampton, edinburgh, birmingham..
Loads get into QM way above average...

But i know my economics teacher is from warwick

Yeah, but for a private school guy, im pretty safe lol, really? yeah a few of my mentors in year 13 chose imperial over cambridge? facinates me.

Yeah, i want to do classics at Warwick, or KCL and then go onto investment banking.

Do many people go onto decently good universities?
Original post by Bambi :)
I got waiting list toooo lol

Awwh, I'm sorry to hear that :frown: It's their loss, that they didn't accept awesome students like us :tongue: Luckilly, you've got St Dominic's and either way, you'll do well :biggrin: x
Trust me when i got there with my friend a long queue stretching outside and thats us early we got in after 20 minutes after which the line got even longer :/...... Trust me even i didnt and those ppl at my old skl did soo much worse than me

Seriously?! Man! I wanted to go in on results day too. If I managed to get lot's of A*'s and A's in my GCSE's, and I wanted to study Science...what do you think my chances are? =/ Thanks :smile:
Original post by ocean
Race you there :P lol. Same here, but it may change when the time comes closer to enrollment day. Do people on the waiting list go in for the tater day?

Ahaha...I'll use my brother's toy racing car, then I'll be guaranteed to get there first :tongue: I hope loads of people reject their places, who are doing the Sciences(maybe I'm just being bitter! :tongue:) I don't think we can go in on the taster day, since it's only for the ones who actually got an offer :frown: Where are you going to go, if you don't get a place at Woodhouse? :smile:
Original post by the don
Yeah, but for a private school guy, im pretty safe lol, really? yeah a few of my mentors in year 13 chose imperial over cambridge? facinates me.

Yeah, i want to do classics at Warwick, or KCL and then go onto investment banking.

Do many people go onto decently good universities?

Yeah... a few people pick imperial due to how good it is at science..but people dont feel alienated by the rich kids..

It depends what you class as decent good university, like last year 32 people went to queen mary which can be considered inbetween top and above average unis (aab+).. Another choice is brunel which is mediorce which people put as insurance (bbc)...
Quite a lot getting into UCl another uni is kent which people get into which is ABB
Original post by Princess_Shaz
Awwh, I'm sorry to hear that :frown: It's their loss, that they didn't accept awesome students like us :tongue: Luckilly, you've got St Dominic's and either way, you'll do well :biggrin: x

Seriously?! Man! I wanted to go in on results day too. If I managed to get lot's of A*'s and A's in my GCSE's, and I wanted to study Science...what do you think my chances are? =/ Thanks :smile:

Pretty good chance to be honest.......... it happened to my friend he got like 4 or 6 A*'s then more A'S and a B i think..... And he did maths, physics, economics and art and I made him come with me as he was disillusioned and you know what? he got in :smile: So can you, but your year probably has more competition...but you can try as i know in my year my friend was the only one going in for the waiting list, plus theres even a new application queue if you got rejected first time :smile: so all possible
Pretty good chance to be honest.......... it happened to my friend he got like 4 or 6 A*'s then more A'S and a B i think..... And he did maths, physics, economics and art and I made him come with me as he was disillusioned and you know what? he got in :smile: So can you, but your year probably has more competition...but you can try as i know in my year my friend was the only one going in for the waiting list, plus theres even a new application queue if you got rejected first time :smile: so all possible

Thank you! That gives me some hope :biggrin: Now, I'm going to try to get a majority of A*'s and a few A's, maybe I can get in :smile: LOL but to do that, I need to get off TSR ahaha :tongue: When I go in for the waiting list, will they still remember my interview and use that? I did terrible in my interview :s-smilie: Also, if I go in for the waiting list, can I also join the new application queue? Thank you :smile:
Thank you! That gives me some hope :biggrin: Now, I'm going to try to get a majority of A*'s and a few A's, maybe I can get in :smile: LOL but to do that, I need to get off TSR ahaha :tongue: When I go in for the waiting list, will they still remember my interview and use that? I did terrible in my interview :s-smilie: Also, if I go in for the waiting list, can I also join the new application queue? Thank you :smile:

Nope sorry, if wanna do a new application, you got to withdraw from the waiting list... but your chances are better with the waiting list.., and your interview isnt taken into consideration as a person will judge you mainly on your results ... so you got a chance:smile:
Nope sorry, if wanna do a new application, you got to withdraw from the waiting list... but your chances are better with the waiting list.., and your interview isnt taken into consideration as a person will judge you mainly on your results ... so you got a chance:smile:

Oh OK, thank you :smile: I hope I get in, I really wanted to go there. If not, then I have Grey Coat's which is also good(hopefully!) :smile: Are there many people in your year who got in after being put on the waiting list? Sorry for all the questions...I'm just a confused person LOL!
Reply 289

It's cool, I wasn't really fussed about it but it's still pretty annoying :tongue: cos I'm sure everything went pretty well for me, oh well o.0 I don't think I'll send the form for the waiting list anyway :\ Aawww thanks, I've got myself doubting if St Doms is the right choice, but I'm hoping it is :wink: Are you on the waiting list right? xxx
Original post by Bambi :)
It's cool, I wasn't really fussed about it but it's still pretty annoying :tongue: cos I'm sure everything went pretty well for me, oh well o.0 I don't think I'll send the form for the waiting list anyway :\ Aawww thanks, I've got myself doubting if St Doms is the right choice, but I'm hoping it is :wink: Are you on the waiting list right? xxx

I know, right? Your grades are exceptionally high, so I'm really confused why they put you on the waiting list! The thing that confuses me the most is that, Henrietta Barnett(the college that is considered top in this country) accepted you, and Woodhouse didn't, and they're not the top college?! :confused: Awwh, how comes you're not sure about St Dominic's anymore? Where are you thinking to go now? I suggest you accept all of your offers, and then visit all of the taster days to see which one appeals to you the most :smile:
Yep, I'm on the waiting list too :smile: Loads of people got put on it this year...makes me wonder...how long is this waiting list?! Ahaha :tongue: xx
Reply 291
I know, right? Your grades are exceptionally high, so I'm really confused why they put you on the waiting list! The thing that confuses me the most is that, Henrietta Barnett(the college that is considered top in this country) accepted you, and Woodhouse didn't, and they're not the top college?! :confused: Awwh, how comes you're not sure about St Dominic's anymore? Where are you thinking to go now? I suggest you accept all of your offers, and then visit all of the taster days to see which one appeals to you the most :smile:
Yep, I'm on the waiting list too :smile: Loads of people got put on it this year...makes me wonder...how long is this waiting list?! Ahaha :tongue: xx

Hhhmmm I guess not that many people apply HBS o.0 Hehe well a lot of people are telling me how good Henrietta Barnett sounds and that it's impressive and whatnot and it's foolish to turn down. I don't know, I'm not really a person to care for names but it's still affecting me o.0 I'm sure I'll stick with Doms it's just second thoughts going around my head about it. I just don't want any regrets! It's cool though, I'm accepting them:smile: And will probably do what you're advising and LOL yeah, but I'm sure some of the people won't send the form, like myself :tongue:

Don't worry too much about Woodhouse, just focus on getting the A*s and then you can do a lot with them:smile: Hopefully you get a place, I know how much you want to go there! xxxxx
Oh OK, thank you :smile: I hope I get in, I really wanted to go there. If not, then I have Grey Coat's which is also good(hopefully!) :smile: Are there many people in your year who got in after being put on the waiting list? Sorry for all the questions...I'm just a confused person LOL!

My friends went to greycoats long time ago .........
I dont mind the questions im bored at the moment just revising in school library :frown:
Well i just found out another one of my close friends was on waiting list, but they changed it to conditional... because when people come on induction day the classes are packed, but people reject there offer and also in the first few weeks people decide to drop out as they can't hack the new lifestyle as its like starting fresh.. workloads different..
Takes a while to fit in, but those that get i through waiting list are pretty smart anyway... you probably didnt get in due a shortage of space in your courses, but you shouldnt worry just run once u get ur results forget everything :smile:
Reply 293
i wish I could give someone my place!!! east barnet school built this totally new building and it looks soooo awesome it's like futuristic and it seems like a good school. some of my friends from primary go there and i've been keeping in touch so I kinda want to turn down woodhouse :s-smilie:
Reply 294
who gives a ****. Its hardly a university. get over it
Original post by Sokka
i wish I could give someone my place!!! east barnet school built this totally new building and it looks soooo awesome it's like futuristic and it seems like a good school. some of my friends from primary go there and i've been keeping in touch so I kinda want to turn down woodhouse :s-smilie:

Awh, I think you should just accept your place just in case and apply to the other one too :smile: On second thoughts, you couls always give your place to me :tongue: Ahaha! :wink:
Actually my mate got 3 100% AS and if he applied to a crappy uni eg middlesex he would get in :tongue:

Read the part about unconditional offers

http://www.ucas.com/students/offers/offertypes

It doesn't matter which university, the terms for an unconditional offer are the same.
Original post by nerdfighter28
Read the part about unconditional offers

http://www.ucas.com/students/offers/offertypes

It doesn't matter which university, the terms for an unconditional offer are the same.

I know what unconditional is ¬¬
I know what unconditional is ¬¬

LOL, the reason I sent you that link is because it says unconditional offers are given if the grades are already met, not if the previous exam results indicate that the grades will be met,. Does that make sense? :colondollar:
Original post by nerdfighter28
LOL, the reason I sent you that link is because it says unconditional offers are given if the grades are already met, not if the previous exam results indicate that the grades will be met,. Does that make sense? :colondollar:

Thats UCAS though, it doesnt apply to woodhouse its not a uni, so it got its own definition of unconditional :tongue:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending