The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

I think Szszsney is as good as De Gea. Who everyone's pandering over, so I see him as an excellent prospect.
Original post by keira
I would only swap Ferdinand and Vidic.

Good one. :facepalm2:
Reply 8702
Original post by Kevmeister

Maybe he just meant in the back 4? Makes it slightly more reasonable? :gah:
Reply 8703

Individually the team is exceptional, it's the tactics that make them so average.
I'd say De Gea is slightly ahead of Shezza atm. The difference is minimal though.
Original post by R-KAM
Maybe he just meant in the back 4? Makes it slightly more reasonable? :gah:

But even then they're saying Clichy > Evra. :hmmm:
Reply 8706

But even then they're saying Clichy > Evra. :hmmm:

I just said it was slightly more reasonable ffs, are you ever happy :colonhash:
Reply 8707
Arsenal won't get Eden Hazard but they might get his younger brother. He excels technically but has incredibly poor mental stats :fyi:
FM knows best :fyi:
Original post by white_haired_wizard
Guys, could you explain to me how some of you have arrived at the conclusion that Chesney is the best thing since sliced bread?

I'm truly perplexed.

It's all relative really. Having endured the likes of Almunia and the formative years of Flappianski for too long anyone who can catch and doesn't wet themselves at the prospect of a cross combined with some humour and being mental is gonna be lapped up.

Chesney, Wilshere and Djourou proving themselves in the first team is the best thing to have come out of this farcical season.
(edited 13 years ago)
Original post by Mess.
FM knows best :fyi:

Freddy Adu :rolleyes:

Has anyone heard these tapes from the Cesc interview?
Reply 8710
Original post by doggyfizzel

Original post by doggyfizzel
Freddy Adu :rolleyes:

Has anyone heard these tapes from the Cesc interview?

Freddy Adu was about 5 years than he said he was. No wonder he looked so good against thoe 13 year olds :mmm:
Reply 8711
There's a prize raffle for tickets to a match at the Emirates, just ring the Arsenal hotline: 0800 won-nothing won-nothing won-nothing. :hat2:
I Spy with my little eye something beginning with C?

hint: ice-cream complements it very well.
Original post by R-KAM
I just said it was slightly more reasonable ffs, are you ever happy :colonhash:

Nope. :h:
Lol Chesney, spelling his name like that makes me think of Chesney Hawkes...

Ramsey should play some more

that is all
Reply 8715
Original post by lukejoshjedi
Ramsey should play some more

that is all

Replacing?
Original post by jit987
Replacing?

hmm Arshavin? Could try a 4-5-1 more often, Van persie is in form but then again I don't always think we're ever at our best with a lone striker

Wenger should just sub more frequently during matches imo, could be for Nasri, Wilshere, give more players a run out
Reply 8717
We've been playing 4-5-1 more often (although it's more of a 4-2-3-1). And whilst away from home this is good at home this is bad. Playing 4-2-3-1 at home allows the opposition to defend deep which is one of the reasons why we've drawn so many games at home lately... that and the lack of heart from the players, and the 3rd worst fans in the league not supporting them.
What I don't understand is that our home form has been so very bad of late, and it was actually a lot better than this in the latter half of last season IIRC, even with Bendtner up front (who did well, but RVP is much superior). Nasri is also a better player now, as is Walcott. So I struggle to see why we are struggling to put the ball in the net at home unless it is a problem regarding Cesc's form. I don't think he has scored as many as he did last season and he doesn't seem to be producing quality balls on a consistent basis. Am I alone in thinking this?
Reply 8719
I blame the home fans. Seriously.

When the team needs motivation, encouragement, needs spurring on, the fans are the ones to do that, the 12th man. Look at Everton at home, 1-0 down to a clear offside goal, and the home fans that night were amazing. The result? We win 2-1. Chelsea at home, we won 3-1. We beat Barcelona from 1-0 down and they were playing excellent. All of these matches have in common is the fans were behind them from first till last whistle.

Sunderland 0-0, Blackburn 0-0, Liverpool 1-1, WBA 2-3, Newcastle 0-1 the home fans were just terrible, could hardly hear them. In the sunderland game a woman was reading a book ffs. And the results in those games were all bad.

Is it any coincidence that our away fans are the best in the league and our away record is the best in the league? I think not.

Latest