The Student Room Group

Film Fanatics - Chat Thread II

Scroll to see replies

I was walking past one of those cheap magazine market stalls earlier and I bought an old copy of DVD review out of curiosity because it came with a guide to Avatar's Pandora for a quid. I expected it to be this hackily-written thing that just regurgitated the movie but it's really not. It's about 200 pages, written by the academics that informed the film with assistance from Landau and Cameron, on loads of different aspects from the environment to flora and animals, and the detail on all of the stuff is just staggering (most of which was never even seen in the film, or only for a couple of seconds without being expanded on). Seriously impressive, for a quid at least.
Reply 1261
Operation redecorate bedroom has begun, eventually the whole wall will be like that. Don't be judging my film taste. :colone:

It looks good, what's the one to the left of Hocus Pocus? :holmes:
The Prime of Miss Jean Brodie with Maggie Smith. :holmes:
Titanic? The Runaways? Mediocre Ellen Page vehicle Whip It, ffs? The rest is good, or at least understandable. :holmes:
Titanic 2, caught a bit of that... they changed it a bit, but it was dumb :indiff:
Reply 1266
Original post by cambo211
Care to expand on that?

Well...firstly have a look at all the variety they show at cinemas.
Original post by aja89
Operation redecorate bedroom has begun, eventually the whole wall will be like that. Don't be judging my film taste. :colone:

Hocus Pocus wooo!! I love that film :biggrin:

I put a spell on youuu, and now you're gone (8)
Reply 1268
Original post by Christien
Titanic? The Runaways? Mediocre Ellen Page vehicle Whip It, ffs? The rest is good, or at least understandable. :holmes:

Oi you, I likes what I likes. :cool:
Aj's wall is pretty cool :biggrin: I haven't seen Whip it, been thinking about watching that for a while now

This 'Dylan Dog' film has got me interested, sounds good and Brandon Routh, is awesome
Original post by Phalanges

I was walking past one of those cheap magazine market stalls earlier and I bought an old copy of DVD review out of curiosity because it came with a guide to Avatar's Pandora for a quid. I expected it to be this hackily-written thing that just regurgitated the movie but it's really not. It's about 200 pages, written by the academics that informed the film with assistance from Landau and Cameron, on loads of different aspects from the environment to flora and animals, and the detail on all of the stuff is just staggering (most of which was never even seen in the film, or only for a couple of seconds without being expanded on). Seriously impressive, for a quid at least.

What was the magazine?
Original post by Stray_talk

I laughed so much more in a romantic comedy with Russell Brand in it than I did at Scream 4. What a tragedy.

Original post by Stray_talk
What was the magazine?

It's the January edition of a magazine called DVD and Blu Ray review, with a picture of the Expendables on the front.

This is a sample of the book: http://www.harpercollins.com/browseinside/index.aspx?isbn13=9780061896750
Which creative genius came up with Unobtainium
Original post by SteveCrain

Original post by SteveCrain
Which creative genius came up with Unobtainium

Either people working at NASA or the US Air Force in the late 50s.

It's a fairly well known term, unless you're the kind of person who thinks that JK Rowling invented the Philosopher's Stone.

unless you're the kind of person who thinks that JK Rowling invented the Philosopher's Stone.

Don't be silly.

Spoiler

Retro.spex
x

loling909
x

Michelle_87
x

Welcome to the chat thread. :h:

Original post by Hedger

On another note, it seems I'll be seeing yet another sequel this week. Fast and the Furious FIVE. Some serious Vin Diesel action tomorrow.

And welcome to you too, officially. :h:

I'm quite looking forward to Fast and Furious 5. Not because it's going to be a masterpiece, but just some good entertainment. :yep:

With Jordana Brewster
I actually lol'd.
Original post by Ape Gone Insane
Welcome to the chat thread. :h:

And welcome to you too, officially. :h:

I'm quite looking forward to Fast and Furious 5. Not because it's going to be a masterpiece, but just some good entertainment. :yep:

With Jordana Brewster

Hi there :hi:

Yeah I was saying Scream and SAW need to up in your list :sexface:
Reply 1278
Has anyone played Portal 2? There's a Super 8 (as in the film) level that's pretty cool. It's called an interactive trailer and it doesn't last long but I'm sure it's full of hints about the film if you look close enough.
Either people working at NASA or the US Air Force in the late 50s.

And you knew this without googling?

Quick Reply

Latest