The Student Room Group

Why is the A-level Business Studies seen as a soft option?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 100
I think what is far more telling is your incredible rudeness.

"Stupid. Deluded. Idiotic. Ignorant." All your words.

And through all this, at no point are you showing anything other than your own contempt for any opinion other than your own. Your choice of words and phrases makes you sound incredibly desperate.

I actually feel sorry for you.
Reply 101
Original post by Clip
I think what is far more telling is your incredible rudeness.

"Stupid. Deluded. Idiotic. Ignorant." All your words.

And through all this, at no point are you showing anything other than your own contempt for any opinion other than your own. Your choice of words and phrases makes you sound incredibly desperate.

I actually feel sorry for you.

Good for you :smile:

Now come back with real facts, then we'll speak, bye bye :smile:
Reply 102
Original post by Tommyjw
Your still ignoring the main point, about people on this thread, lol, bless, your quite special aren't you.

No really, do carry on, maybe one other person will come on and agree with you so you can quote them and ignore anyone else who doesnt share the same view as you, carry on doing that, your doing great already.

You really are a horrible person. Telling anyone that disagrees with you that they are 'special'. It's a shame you can't have a sensible discussion without being out-right rude.
Reply 103
Original post by tateco
You really are a horrible person. Telling anyone that disagrees with you that they are 'special'. It's a shame you can't have a sensible discussion without being out-right rude.

My discussion is fine, your the one continuing to ignore anyone that posts any real argument against you. Which is good, means you'll give up because you still won't do it, and i can stop coming on to this thread :smile:
Reply 104
Original post by Tommyjw
Good for you :smile:

Now come back with real facts, then we'll speak, bye bye :smile:

You like facts don't you, why don't you present us with some facts to back up your argument, especially as you are the one fighting against the general consensus of business being a soft subject.

Other than your Warwick offer which you missed :smile:
Reply 105
And just so you know, I actually don't have a problem with business studies as a subject. I'm a strong believer that people should take what they like and what they are good at, but you aren't arguing about that any more. You're arguing over whether it is soft or not, so we can carry on with that (a rather futile idea) if you'd prefer.

(You're*)
Reply 106
Original post by tateco
You like facts don't you, why don't you present us with some facts to back up your argument, especially as you are the one fighting against the general consensus of business being a soft subject.

Other than your Warwick offer which you missed :smile:

Wait.. what's that.. you ignored it again? :O

And let me explain this to you.
You can't bring up facts to disprove something like this.
There aren't going to be articles out there saying. 'These 20 universities don't find business a soft subject' etc etc. This is common sense, please don't tell me you really expect there to be 'evidence' on my side?

Let me put it this way.
I think my elective law module is boring, i hate it and not many people like it.
Is there going to be evidence against this? No. It is an opinion. There will be no approved article or statistics to disprove it.

Seriously, you must be desperate to rely on 'I can't prove my arguement, so your wrong if you can't prove yours!'
Reply 107
Original post by Tommyjw
Wait.. what's that.. you ignored it again? :O

And let me explain this to you.
You can't bring up facts to disprove something like this.
There aren't going to be articles out there saying. 'These 20 universities don't find business a soft subject' etc etc. This is common sense, please don't tell me you really expect there to be 'evidence' on my side?

Let me put it this way.
I think my elective law module is boring, i hate it and not many people like it.
Is there going to be evidence against this? No. It is an opinion. There will be no approved article or statistics to disprove it.

Seriously, you must be desperate to rely on 'I can't prove my arguement, so your wrong if you can't prove yours!'

Ah well I've given you all the evidence I can too then :smile: Cambridge and LSE say it's a soft subject, and I said that this gives you ideas of what other universities are thinking. It's not an argument where you can have lots of evidence to back up both of our opinions. Hope you can understand that and we can just leave it there, because this isn't getting us anywhere :smile:

I am not desperate, I don't care whether you think I am or not.
Reply 108
Original post by tateco
Ah well I've given you all the evidence I can too then :smile: Cambridge and LSE say it's a soft subject, and I said that this gives you ideas of what other universities are thinking. It's not an argument where you can have lots of evidence to back up both of our opinions. Hope you can understand that and we can just leave it there, because this isn't getting us anywhere :smile:

I am not desperate, I don't care whether you think I am or not.

I have not disputed the top universities think such ways, i have agreed with it. It does not give a 'general view of all universities' and is naive to think so, it gives a view of the top 10, as a fair estimate, and this is fairly obvious to anyone with common sense. A 20-25th place university is not effected by the top 5's views are they? no.

And seeing as your continuing to ignore it, i guess we aren't getting anywhere.
Reply 109
Original post by Tommyjw
I have not disputed the top universities think such ways, i have agreed with it. It does not give a 'general view of all universities' and is naive to think so, it gives a view of the top 10, as a fair estimate, and this is fairly obvious to anyone with common sense. A 20-25th place university is not effected by the top 5's views are they? no.

And seeing as your continuing to ignore it, i guess we aren't getting anywhere.

You never said that, so no I did not 'continue to ignore it' as you keep repeating.
Original post by tateco
When you're telling someone they're failing I find it best to use correct grammar and spelling or else the 'harsh pun' becomes slightly less reputable (especially when it includes advice on literacy). :/

When someone uses a comeback which involves criticising someone else's grammar you know they're losing the argument...
Reply 111
Original post by tateco
You never said that, so no I did not 'continue to ignore it' as you keep repeating.

I assume you mean i did not say about the top universities views, which i have, you clearly cannot read very well. Because i have said it multiple times.

However the 'continuing to ignore it' comment was towards the fact you picked out someone who had the same view as you, and are ignoring the multiple more people who don't , the people who have posted saying they find business harder than maths and such.

But they don't agree to your naive view, so i understand why you simply ignore them completely :wink:
Reply 112
Original post by thecookiemonster
When someone uses a comeback which involves criticising someone else's grammar you know they're losing the argument...

When you only quote half of someone's post in an attempt to pick out the weakness in their argument you know they're getting desperate.
Reply 113
Original post by tateco
When you only quote half of someone's post in an attempt to pick out the weakness in their argument you know they're getting desperate.

Umm.. no.. that was your whole post..
Reply 114
Original post by Tommyjw
I assume you mean i did not say about the top universities views, which i have, you clearly cannot read very well. Because i have said it multiple times.

However the 'continuing to ignore it' comment was towards the fact you picked out someone who had the same view as you, and are ignoring the multiple more people who don't , the people who have posted saying they find business harder than maths and such.

But they don't agree to your naive view, so i understand why you simply ignore them completely :wink:

Okay, you win, what would you like me to put in my final post so we can declare this over, because I've completely lost track of what you are arguing about, the only reason I came on this thread was to defend the person's viewpoint which I agreed with when you started getting bitchy towards them.
Original post by tateco

Lol what? that was your whole post... another great comeback mate :wink:
Reply 116
Original post by thecookiemonster
Lol what? that was your whole post... another great comeback mate :wink:

Cheers :smile:
Reply 117
Most people on TSR normally regard it this way:

Business Studies - Poor man's Economics.

I think it's unfair because Business Studies also has it's rigorous contents aswell as Economics.
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 118
I am doing AS level Music, Maths, ICT and Business.
I really regret taking ICT and business as they're not great subjects. I'd say people are looking down on it because from experience I can tell you that Business is definitely easier than maths. I suppose the part of business studies which makes it hard is the writing technique in the exam, having analysis, content, explanation etc. Guess you don't really need to have such writing skills in maths. It really depends on the person.
Reply 119
Wow, the English course cirriculum must be completely different or something, because here in Scotland Higher and Advanced Higher Business is statistically one of the hardest subjects (to get an A in).

For example, getting an A in higher is harder than getting an A in Higher Maths, and I think something like 1.67% got an A in Advanced Higher.
(edited 12 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending