The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1160
Original post by WharfedaleTiger

Humm, only 2 weeks till the draft then guys and I have 3 questions for you:

a) who goes no.1? Green, Newton or Gabbet

Not sure about the other two issues really (or this one lol) but im going to go out on a limb with this one. Gabbet will go first but neither will go to the panthers who will look to upgrade elsewhere and give Jimmy Clausen another chance. I'm going to say that all the focus on newton is to much of a focus as people try and bluff each other. I also dont think the Bronco's will take a QB as Orton really isnt that bad and Tebow has potential........granted its not the most likely scenario ever but we shall see
I've found if your getting Jerseys then go a size smaller-I have two Lions Jerseys a L Joey Harrington one which swamps me (considering my height I found that a bit of a suprise!) and a M Sanders throwback which is a) sweet and b) Again slightly too big...

Humm, only 2 weeks till the draft then guys and I have 3 questions for you:

a) who goes no.1? Green, Newton or Gabbet
b) How far does Blowers slip
c) Who wants to trade up for a no.13 pick and what would you offer?

Oh and go for the Chargers-the powder blue kit is one of the finest in the league (hate the new dark blue regulars) and Rivers/Gates is an awesome combo. If rivers ever gets a Superbowl he is defiantly a HoF player. The 9ers are a bit of a mess at the moment-Alex Smith isn't NFL quality, Gore is a good but not great RB and they lack recievers outside of the TE (whose name I've forgotten temporally). Willis is the best MLB in the league, finally edging out Ray LEwis due to his youth, but outside of that they lack a decent pass rush.

Still think Panthers will pick Newton, they're in dire need of a franchise QB and Clausen isn't up to it.
I don't think he'll fall too far, I can see him going mid-1st round, someone like Washington, Houston or St.Louis will pick him up as they all need a defensive end.

And Vernon Davis is 49ers tight-end. Sick player :smile:
Original post by Mann18
People are saying they could take another QB this year as well :colonhash:

Crazy.

You/anyone know where I can get some NCAA gear? Preferably MSU?
Everywhere I look I either find high prices or shady websites.

http://www.fansedge.com/

Looked on a few forums and the general consensus is that the websites good.
Reply 1163
Original post by Scott129
http://www.fansedge.com/

Looked on a few forums and the general consensus is that the websites good.

International shipping rates are horrendous, I may as well catch a flight there and buy one.
Still think Panthers will pick Newton, they're in dire need of a franchise QB and Clausen isn't up to it.
I don't think he'll fall too far, I can see him going mid-1st round, someone like Washington, Houston or St.Louis will pick him up as they all need a defensive end.

And Vernon Davis is 49ers tight-end. Sick player :smile:

Yep thats the one-probably the third best tight end in the league (I'd put Pettigrew and Finley ahead of him with Clark, Celek, Gonzalez and Gates close behind...)
Reply 1165
for anyone that didnt realise you can now register interest to buy tickets at wembley on nfl uk

I havent been to see one before despite being a fan for ages so was just wondering if anyone had any vague idea what prices have been like in the past?
Original post by Greg1989
for anyone that didnt realise you can now register interest to buy tickets at wembley on nfl uk

I havent been to see one before despite being a fan for ages so was just wondering if anyone had any vague idea what prices have been like in the past?

Yeah, will be my first game too. Tickets were between £35 and £145.
Reply 1167
http://www.nflshop.com/product/index.jsp?productId=1803678&cp=2237481&lmdn=Player&pageType=family&parentPage=family

My jersey!
Got it for Christmas this year. It's probably the best present I have ever got, or ever will get!
Original post by T-Hill
http://www.nflshop.com/product/index.jsp?productId=1803678&cp=2237481&lmdn=Player&pageType=family&parentPage=family

My jersey!
Got it for Christmas this year. It's probably the best present I have ever got, or ever will get!

Wrong team but I agree, it is awesome to get your first jersey. :biggrin:
Original post by S129439
Adrian Peterson* (can't help but be pedantic :biggrin:)

Yeah they're great haha. Enjoy it at uni :smile:

LOL I'm sure I will learn the correct names in time
Oh right, cheers mate. What size are you in normal clothes?

well, perhaps I'm not the best judge. My sizing is weird. I'm reall tall but skinny, so clothes tend to hang a bit. small superdry t-shirts fit me fine. mediums at a push.

call it small-medium. but this jacket needed to be a medium for it to be a great fit. it's OK, but I would have preferred medium.

they have a size chart on the website. just measure yourself up, and then go for the size up if you are in the middle/top end of a category, or stay with it if you are at the low end.
Original post by wavey93
LOL I'm sure I will learn the correct names in time

yeah don't worry about it haha! there are a LOT of names to learn lol. 53 per squad haha. so thats 32 X 53 which is 1696. plus free agents, plus rookies to be drafted haha. and then all the people who have retired, or are on injured reserve.

it gets easier haha
Reply 1172
I'm a Charger man myself.

I was signed up to the NFL game pass last season and got to stream every life nfl game for san diego in HD (Yes real HD - I was shocked at how good the quality was!) and im realising that I wont be able to do this at uni next year :frown:

Has anyone managed to find a way around the daily limit at your various uni's for streaming by any chance?
Reply 1173
Original post by Dappaman

I was signed up to the NFL game pass last season and got to stream every life nfl game for san diego in HD (Yes real HD - I was shocked at how good the quality was!) and im realising that I wont be able to do this at uni next year :frown:

Has anyone managed to find a way around the daily limit at your various uni's for streaming by any chance?

Yeh, I did this easily. Everyone becomes vampires once they get to uni.
But, personally, I wouldn't pay for the pass, they cost too much.
Original post by Dappaman

How much was the game pass?
Original post by S129439
yeah don't worry about it haha! there are a LOT of names to learn lol. 53 per squad haha. so thats 32 X 53 which is 1696. plus free agents, plus rookies to be drafted haha. and then all the people who have retired, or are on injured reserve.

it gets easier haha

Thinking about it its incredible how quickly you learn. I could probably name every teams RB and QB quite easily and possibly a couple of top players as well. And the whole Lions Roster...

I blame Madden.
Madden is a dream to learn players names by I reckon I could name 75% of every roster and if you gave me any players name off hand I would be able to tell you the position , team and how good they were which is unreal, I wish I could revise for my A levels with similar success.
Original post by rugbygreg
Madden is a dream to learn players names by I reckon I could name 75% of every roster and if you gave me any players name off hand I would be able to tell you the position , team and how good they were which is unreal, I wish I could revise for my A levels with similar success.

Haha true dat. It applies to all sports games.
Thinking about it its incredible how quickly you learn. I could probably name every teams RB and QB quite easily and possibly a couple of top players as well. And the whole Lions Roster...

I blame Madden.

This haha.

SOOOOOOOO many fantasy drafts :L

Original post by rugbygreg
NOTICE!

For anyone who cared about my mock draft ---> http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showpost.php?p=30733921&postcount=1053

I have had pick changes to the following.

Picks:

1 - Carolina
4 - Cincinnati
9 - Dallas
12- - Minnesota

Latest