The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Out of all the Doctor Who episodes, I can never bring myself to watch the Gas-mask episodes again :getmecoat:
Taken from a mixture of trailers that have been posted on this thread (LastLordofTime :hat2:)

Spoiler

Of particular interest is the 2nd and 3rd last ones. The 3rd last one, River Song looks so sad, and judging by the clothes - is the point where the kissing happens. The 2nd last one, Doctor turning up in..

Spoiler

Original post by LastLordofTime
We don't know :smile: Hence why we think the distortion on the tape might be a side-effect of them being present.

And maybe the '...are real' is deliberate. As if the Silence/Silents have erased their own name so we don't know what is real because they don't exist in record or memory? Is that the hint we're supposed to be taking away as well?

I like the BBC for putting these out. :tongue: It raises the anticipating and excitement, but it's just great in general.

Original post by SirMasterKey
I got a couple on this one.

Spoiler

Sorry I didn't make them both the same size :tongue:

Press 'Esc' ... it's a sign. :shock:

:tongue: Yeah, don't think there's anything there except the implication that there is nothing there - the effect of trying to record a Silent.

Yeah. And it's probably playing in to UFO folklore a bit (since The Silents are supposed to be the source of Gray sightings, aren't they?)

Yup. The quote being

But The Silence is very much—it's the work of a genius, not me—But I did say, that painting [Edvard Munch's The Scream], that one. It should look like that, and a little bit like the Grays, it should be as if that idea is filtered through our consciousness for all these years.

http://gothamist.com/2011/04/21/steven_moffatt_executive_producer_o.php

And quite an interesting interview to have a read of too. :smile:
(edited 13 years ago)
Ouch, I just found out about Liz Sladens death now as went on GallifreyBase website and they had a banner up since I was without tv from Monday till today.
Original post by spacepirate-James
Out of all the Doctor Who episodes, I can never bring myself to watch the Gas-mask episodes again :getmecoat:

That episode was scary. Right after it was shown I had a school trip to the war museum where they gave the class some gas masks to pass around, everyone was holding them up going "are you my mummy" :afraid:
Blogtor Who have put up a spoiler-free review complete with a whole host of new pics and info. :smile:

http://blogtorwho.blogspot.com/2011/04/review-impossible-astronaut-spoilerfree_21.html

Most interesting part:

But there's also a heart~breaking scene where River reveals to Rory the nature of her relationship with the Time Lord and for the audience, it brings a whole new slant to her death in The Library two~parter in 2008. Moffat's emotional pen runs so smoothly beside his Coupling~style bic.

:beard:
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 7786
Original post by Ape Gone Insane

Original post by Ape Gone Insane
Blogtor Who have put up a spoiler-free review complete with a whole host of new pics and info. :smile:

http://blogtorwho.blogspot.com/2011/04/review-impossible-astronaut-spoilerfree_21.html

Most interesting part:

:beard:

Waaa. I want it to be tomorrow!
Reply 7787
Original post by Aula
Waaa. I want it to be tomorrow!

I don't want it to be tomorrow today's my birthday :laugh:

Though I am looking forward to sitting on the sofa tomorrow hugely hungover and watching a bit of doctor who.
Reply 7788

Original post by JWH
I don't want it to be tomorrow today's my birthday :laugh:

Though I am looking forward to sitting on the sofa tomorrow hugely hungover and watching a bit of doctor who.

Ooh, Happy Birthday!

(I must admit, I also want it to be tomorrow so I can have nice food, but that's a separate matter).
Original post by NaturalDisaster
I think they could work, although I think it might be less intense than Simm-Tennant. And definitely, Rory's a lot better when he's the centurion, he's a lot more confident and he's far more interesting when he's not being a pansy and following Amy around all the time. I like him more when he's kind of independent. I can't decide between the Master, the Angels and the Vashta Nerada. The Master cos he's funny and crazy and evil, which is always a good combination, the Angels because the idea that if you do something as simple as blinking then your life will be completely changed is a really good one. And the Vashta Nerada (or however you spell it, I never worked that out :lol:) are awesome because everyone has a shadow, and if you're standing in the right lighting you can actually have multiple shadows, so the concept of deadly shadows is excellent. :biggrin: Totally freaked me out after I watched it though. And the Gas Mask Zombies should be on that list. Terrified me first time I watched it, although I was 6 years younger then. :lol:

I have never seen those episodes :sad: I only started watching it recently- befoe that I watched it sporadically, when I happened to come across that
But I think Im going to watch them now :p:
Reply 7790
Original post by TulipFields

I have never seen those episodes :sad: I only started watching it recently- befoe that I watched it sporadically, when I happened to come across that

Definitely look up the library episodes if you've not seen them, first time we (and the doctor) meet River. Since we're going to find out who River really is this series, you should probably know how the doctor meets her.
Original post by Aula
Definitely look up the library episodes if you've not seen them, first time we (and the doctor) meet River. Since we're going to find out who River really is this series, you should probably know how the doctor meets her.

I was just going to :yep: Especially if its scary .
I didnt even know River died :sad: Though I think that they can always find a way to bring her back.

I would definitely, definitely recommend watching the library episode. It's fantastic. :biggrin: One of the best ones in it. Sorry for ruining it for you though. :frown: I kinda assumed you'd seen it, not sure why I did though. :lol:

I reckon River is the Doctor's time lord wife, but she decided to go into human form? That would be cool. Have you seen Human Nature? It's the episode where the Doctor makes himself human. Series 3. It's really good, and quite funny, although the monsters suck.
Original post by NaturalDisaster
I would definitely, definitely recommend watching the library episode. It's fantastic. :biggrin: One of the best ones in it. Sorry for ruining it for you though. :frown: I kinda assumed you'd seen it, not sure why I did though. :lol:

I reckon River is the Doctor's time lord wife, but she decided to go into human form? That would be cool. Have you seen Human Nature? It's the episode where the Doctor makes himself human. Series 3. It's really good, and quite funny, although the monsters suck.

Ah, don't worry- I spoilered half of it by reading wikipedia link (wanted to know which was the first part)> But then I don't mind spoilers, watching it is still creepy/interesting :p:

Maybe its cause I create an impression of knowing more about Dr Who tthan I actually do :laugh:

I did hear speculations that River is his wife, and it would be a cool development :biggrin:
Nope, didnt see that one either :getmecoat:
Reply 7794

I was just going to :yep: Especially if its scary .
I didnt even know River died :sad: Though I think that they can always find a way to bring her back.

They can't :no:
I can't say much else without spoiling it, so I'll say what I want in the spoiler. Don't click on it unless you don't mind it.

Spoiler

"Time can be rewritten".
Original post by Aula
They can't :no:
I can't say much else without spoiling it, so I'll say what I want in the spoiler. Don't click on it unless you don't mind it.

Spoiler

Aha, thanks, I dont mind spoilers (especially from an old episode :p:)

Spoiler

I wonder who she kills (mentioned last season..)
There is a wasp in my room :mad:
Reply 7797

"Time can be rewritten"

"People can't"
Reply 7798

Aha, thanks, I dont mind spoilers (especially from an old episode :p:)

Spoiler

I wonder who she kills (mentioned last season..)
There is a wasp in my room :mad:

Yeah, it's sad, but it's the last time she meets the doctor. Not the last time the doctor meets her. Timey Wimey wibbly wobbly.

I'm petrified a wasp'll fly into my room. There's been a few buzzing around just above my window for the last few days. Might mention it to the porters so they can check it's not a nest or anything :erm:
Original post by Aula
"People can't"

But, in the end, they could :biggrin: That was kinda the whole point of that episode :P

Latest

Trending

Trending