The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

We don't need a 'mass clearout', we just need to get rid of the dead weight, in much the same way United do.
Reply 8741
Original post by marcusmerehay
We don't need a 'mass clearout', we just need to get rid of the dead weight, in much the same way United do.

Which is what Wenger is saying he won't do.
Reply 8742

Getting rid of 6 or 7 players is a mass clearout.
Reply 8743
Him saying "huge turnover" suggests there could be some minor changes to the squad, which is what we need.
Reply 8744
Original post by MoMatrix
Getting rid of 6 or 7 players is a mass clearout.

Name those players.
Reply 8745
Original post by jit987
Name those players.

Almunia/Denilson/Vela/Diaby/Bendtner/Rosicky/Arshavin.

Diaby I say with a heavy heart I believe he can go on to be a very good player but just not at Arsenal.
(edited 13 years ago)
6 or 7?

We need to get rid of one of Almunia/Fabianski, then Denilson, Rosicky and one of Bendtner/Chamakh/Vela. (preferably not Chamakh)

Get rid of the player with the most assists for the team? No thanks.
Reply 8748
Get rid of the player with the most assists for the team? No thanks.

I don't care about the statistics he has been absolutely dire this season you can assists from taking corners ffs.
Reply 8749

Arshavin :facepalm2:

3 strikers and what will be left, V.Persie, Walcott & Chamakh which is clearly not enough and there won't be any guarantee that any more will come.

4 Max I think. 1 GK, 2 Midfielders and 1 striker.
Reply 8750
Original post by jit987
Arshavin :facepalm2:

3 strikers and what will be left, V.Persie, Walcott & Chamakh which is clearly not enough and there won't be any guarantee that any more will come.

4 Max I think. 1 GK, 2 Midfielders and 1 striker.

Lets face it Arshavin's best days are behind him he currently looks a shadow of his former self and has evidently lost a yard of pace which is crucial.
I don't care about the statistics he has been absolutely dire this season you can assists from taking corners ffs.

Nasri/Fabregas takes corners normally. :yy:

He may not have been excellent but he's been clinical, much like Berbatov at United.
Reply 8752
Original post by Akkuz
Fantastic news for Arsenal..

And when asked if he expected significant changes to his squad in the summer, Wenger replied: "Not at all. Our team is 23 years old [on average], why should we have a huge turnover at the end of the season?"

Looks like no summer overhaul.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/13168229.stm

As expected really.

Diaby I say with a heavy heart I believe he can go on to be a very good player but just not at Arsenal.

I agree, except for Arshavin. Stick Eboue in there aswell and i'd be happy with that.
Reply 8753
Nasri/Fabregas takes corners normally. :yy:

He may not have been excellent but he's been clinical, much like Berbatov at United.

He has not been clinical out of every 10 balls he plays he gives 6 to the opposition and has been truly awful this season please do not let the statistics cloud your judgement.
Reply 8754
Selling players doesn't guarantee new players coming in. In fact, Wenger will be under more pressure to buy players if he sells 6/7 and that could force him to buy a rubbish player.

Getting rid of Arshavin, Vela and Diaby is an awful idea

Vela's got loads of potential and is clearly a good player, Arshavin is still helpful
He has not been clinical out of every 10 balls he plays he gives 6 to the opposition and has been truly awful this season please do not let the statistics cloud your judgement.

No, Torres has been awful. Denilson has been awful.

Arshavin has not.
I still think Diaby has it in him, maybe a change of manager will bring the best out of him.

Such a frustrating player but the quality is so clear. He can dribble past a whole team like they don't exist, he has a mean right foot and is very good on the left as well, he's also defensively sound when he tries.
Reply 8758
Original post by lukejoshjedi
Getting rid of Arshavin, Vela and Diaby is an awful idea

Vela can only scoop the ball over the keeper the team is already 6-0 up.
Diaby is in his fifth season and it's clear nothing will happen for him at Arsenal.
Arshavin is a player who is getting worse and teams will probably still pay around 10 million which is good buisness.
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 8759
Original post by In2deep
I still think Diaby has it in him, maybe a change of manager will bring the best out of him.

Such a frustrating player but the quality is so clear. He can dribble past a whole team like they don't exist, he has a mean right foot and is very good on the left as well, he's also defensively sound when he tries.

Diaby clearly has talent and great skill for such a big man but is not consistent enough.

Latest