The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Aula
Yeah, it's sad, but it's the last time she meets the doctor. Not the last time the doctor meets her. Timey Wimey wibbly wobbly.

I'm petrified a wasp'll fly into my room. There's been a few buzzing around just above my window for the last few days. Might mention it to the porters so they can check it's not a nest or anything :erm:

Thats the ex[pression and concept I like most in Dr Who- Timey Wimey wIbbly Wobbly :p:

There is definitely a wasp nest on our roof. I wonder how much it costs to get rid of it.
Original post by TulipFields
Ah, don't worry- I spoilered half of it by reading wikipedia link (wanted to know which was the first part)> But then I don't mind spoilers, watching it is still creepy/interesting :p:

Maybe its cause I create an impression of knowing more about Dr Who tthan I actually do :laugh:

I did hear speculations that River is his wife, and it would be a cool development :biggrin:
Nope, didnt see that one either :getmecoat:

Yeah, you have an air of Doctor Who wisdom. :lol: It's still a seriously good episode, even if you know what happens. I'm not going to watch it for ages so in a few years I'll re-watch and be like "Wow, I'd forgotten about all this!" I love it when that happens. :biggrin:

I hope River is his wife, that would be cool. I love that she bosses him around all the time. If it turns out she's actually human I think I'll be quite upset. I don't think a human should know more about how to drive the TARDIS than the Doctor, seeing as he's a Time Lord and all. Really looking forward to this series, I'm glad Steven Moffat was hinting at this series last year with the whole "Silence will fall" thing, but he didn't tie off all the loose ends in last years series finale. That was good. Also hoping that the Dream Lord makes a reappearance, I liked that he was the Doctor's dark side. They could do a lot with that.
Reply 7802
Original post by LastLordofTime

But, in the end, they could :biggrin: That was kinda the whole point of that episode :P

Only their personalities though. Abigail was still going to die after the end of that day :sad:

Thats the ex[pression and concept I like most in Dr Who- Timey Wimey wIbbly Wobbly :p:

There is definitely a wasp nest on our roof. I wonder how much it costs to get rid of it.

Umm... contact the council. They should have someone who'll do it. (not sure how much it'd be though, might even be free)

I thought it was "Wibbly Wobbly Timey Wimey?" Still an awesome concept though. I loved the Waters of Mars episode where Captain Adelaide gets angry with the Doctor for being all power-hungry and big-headed.
"The Time Lord victorious is wrong!"

If I keep listing good Dr Who episodes I'll be here all day. :lol:
Original post by Aula
Only their personalities though. Abigail was still going to die after the end of that day :sad:

Umm... contact the council. They should have someone who'll do it. (not sure how much it'd be though, might even be free)

My mum contacted them and they said that we have to pay for it, and it was something ridiculous, so my mum decided not to :scrooge:
Original post by NaturalDisaster
Yeah, you have an air of Doctor Who wisdom. :lol: It's still a seriously good episode, even if you know what happens. I'm not going to watch it for ages so in a few years I'll re-watch and be like "Wow, I'd forgotten about all this!" I love it when that happens. :biggrin:

I hope River is his wife, that would be cool. I love that she bosses him around all the time. If it turns out she's actually human I think I'll be quite upset. I don't think a human should know more about how to drive the TARDIS than the Doctor, seeing as he's a Time Lord and all. Really looking forward to this series, I'm glad Steven Moffat was hinting at this series last year with the whole "Silence will fall" thing, but he didn't tie off all the loose ends in last years series finale. That was good. Also hoping that the Dream Lord makes a reappearance, I liked that he was the Doctor's dark side. They could do a lot with that.

Thats what happens when you hang around threads like this one :ninja:
I do that with most tv seies I like- forget/rewatch.
She does seem to be a bit "wifey" towards him, I remember Amy telling Doctor the she was a bit "Heel, boy!" with him :mmm:
I liked Dream Lord as well- and I think he will come back at some point, because the end of that episode hasnt explained where he came from and what his purpose is :p:
But yeah, the point I'm trying to make is that just because we've seen her die at one point in time already, doesn't mean that she wont die at some other point. Abigail wasn't supposed to die when she did - she probably would have stayed in stasis for a lot longer had The Doctor not meddled, but because he did she died earlier. She was still alive at the start of the episode, probably with her full 7 (or however many it was) days left on the timer.
My mum contacted them and they said that we have to pay for it, and it was something ridiculous, so my mum decided not to :scrooge:

Thats what happens when you hang around threads like this one :ninja:
I do that with most tv seies I like- forget/rewatch.
She does seem to be a bit "wifey" towards him, I remember Amy telling Doctor the she was a bit "Heel, boy!" with him :mmm:
I liked Dream Lord as well- and I think he will come back at some point, because the end of that episode hasnt explained where he came from and what his purpose is :p:

Yeah. Let's have a bit of a Jekyll and Hyde thing going on in Dr Who, why not? I wonder who the historical person's going to be this series. We've had Dickens, Shakespeare, Queen Victoria, Churchill, Agatha Christie...looking forward to series 6. :biggrin:
Yeah. Let's have a bit of a Jekyll and Hyde thing going on in Dr Who, why not? I wonder who the historical person's going to be this series. We've had Dickens, Shakespeare, Queen Victoria, Churchill, Agatha Christie...looking forward to series 6. :biggrin:

*thinks*

No one. I don't think so anyway, not from memory. Well, there's Nazis and some sort of cavalier type people, which have been seen in trailers, and spoilers have just come out that

Spoiler

So... no sort of "Historical Person" themed episode, but they pop up throughout.
Reply 7808

But yeah, the point I'm trying to make is that just because we've seen her die at one point in time already, doesn't mean that she wont die at some other point. Abigail wasn't supposed to die when she did - she probably would have stayed in stasis for a lot longer had The Doctor not meddled, but because he did she died earlier. She was still alive at the start of the episode, probably with her full 7 (or however many it was) days left on the timer.

Ah, arguing different points. I thought you were saying she might be able to come back.
In that case I agree with you.
*thinks*

No one. I don't think so anyway, not from memory. Well, there's Nazis and some sort of cavalier type people, which have been seen in trailers, and spoilers have just come out that

Spoiler

So... no sort of "Historical Person" themed episode, but they pop up throughout.

Oh no! I love the historical themed episodes! Forgot about Van Gogh as well! Those episodes are always good. Would've been nice for the Doctor to meet Florence Nightingale or someone like that.
Reply 7810
The third episode is a historical one, albeit not a historical person - 17th century pirates? Yes please :teeth:
Reply 7811
Original post by Aula
Ooh, Happy Birthday!

(I must admit, I also want it to be tomorrow so I can have nice food, but that's a separate matter).

I highly doubt I will be able to eat without voming tomorrow if I get into the state I think I will tonight :laugh:
*thinks*

Spoiler

Are you forgetting;

Spoiler

Although they arn't distant history obviously. A bit like historical figure Adelaide Brook, important figure but not typically historical from a viewers point of view.
Reply 7813

Me and my dad got rid of the wasp nest at the end of our garden with a mixture of a flame thrower and running like **** ...not sure if this would work if your on the roof though :ninja:
Original post by Aula
The third episode is a historical one, albeit not a historical person - 17th century pirates? Yes please :teeth:

Oh yeah, I cant wait for that one :biggrin: Can just imagine Doctor going "Arrr!Lets swashbuckle the enemy!" :captain: (That was bad :colondollar:)
Oh no! I love the historical themed episodes! Forgot about Van Gogh as well! Those episodes are always good. Would've been nice for the Doctor to meet Florence Nightingale or someone like that.

I loved Van Gogh episode :p: Especially the possibility of Van Gogh and Amy having lots of ginger kids :rofl:
Original post by JWH
Me and my dad got rid of the wasp nest at the end of our garden with a mixture of a flame thrower and running like **** ...not sure if this would work if your on the roof though :ninja:

I'd be too scared to torch th house (knowing my luck) :rofl: But thanks for the advice!
Reply 7816
I'd be too scared to torch th house (knowing my luck) :rofl: But thanks for the advice!

It is rather fun way to do it :laugh: and it's unlikely you will burn down the house unless you have a thatched roof or something. It's surprising how difficult some things are to set on fire. I spent a large portion of Wednesday trying to set a cricket bat on fire and it wouldn't :frown: oh well I still had fun lighting the BBQ with a flame thrower :laugh:
Original post by JWH
It is rather fun way to do it :laugh: and it's unlikely you will burn down the house unless you have a thatched roof or something. It's surprising how difficult some things are to set on fire. I spent a large portion of Wednesday trying to set a cricket bat on fire and it wouldn't :frown: oh well I still had fun lighting the BBQ with a flame thrower :laugh:

You seem to have a worrying penchant for torching things :colone: Tbh, I never even made a bonfireby myself :p:

Yeah, sometimes things a re hard to burn- my candles dont always light at first :p:
We have a gas barbeque, which is convenient, but I'd rather leave those matters to dad *though he is as cack-handed as I am :p:
Reply 7818

Original post by JWH
I highly doubt I will be able to eat without voming tomorrow if I get into the state I think I will tonight :laugh:

:mmm: Have fun

I'm glad it's not my birthday today, being Good Friday would rather get in the way :frown:

Oh yeah, I cant wait for that one :biggrin: Can just imagine Doctor going "Arrr!Lets swashbuckle the enemy!" :captain: (That was bad :colondollar:)

I loved Van Gogh episode :p: Especially the possibility of Van Gogh and Amy having lots of ginger kids :rofl:

Oh me too. Part of me was very sad about the fact that Rory had existed, because if not Amy and Van Gogh could have got together and then maybe Van Gogh would have lived longer.
Shock at Midnight
22nd Apr 2011

We've been given special permission to run three new images at one minute past midnight tonight - astonishing images that will have you wishing you could leap in a TARDIS and go straight to 6pm on Saturday evening.
Steven Moffat (Lead Writer and Executive Producer) has talked about big shocks and 'game-changers' in this series and our photos from The Impossible Astronaut show he wasn't joking! Don't worry if you're not a night owl - the images and accompanying feature will be there in the morning. But if you don't normally like big surprises too early in the day, we suggest you prepare yourself...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/doctorwho/dw/news/bulletin_110422_02

LastLordofTime will be refreshing furiously at midnight. :ahee:
(edited 13 years ago)

Latest