The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 7820
Original post by Aula
:mmm: Have fun

I'm glad it's not my birthday today, being Good Friday would rather get in the way :

Ah won't be stopping me just an extra excuse to get drunk :laugh:
Reply 7821
Original post by TulipFields
You seem to have a worrying penchant for torching things :colone: Tbh, I never even made a bonfireby myself :p:

Yeah, sometimes things a re hard to burn- my candles dont always light at first :p:
We have a gas barbeque, which is convenient, but I'd rather leave those matters to dad *though he is as cack-handed as I am :p:

I am a rather bad pyromaniac :laugh: fire is fun which is why I invented James's Law which states to make anything more interesting add fire. Think about it if cricket was played with flaming bats and balls wouldn't it be much more fun to watch
Original post by Ape Gone Insane
Shock at Midnight
22nd Apr 2011

http://www.bbc.co.uk/doctorwho/dw/news/bulletin_110422_02

LastLordofTime will be refreshing furiously at midnight. :ahee:

I'm usually asleep by then :frown:
Original post by LastLordofTime
I'm usually asleep by then :frown:

Not tonight. :ahee: :tongue:

They seem to be from the first episode. Can't think of anything else 'interesting' they can show without spoiling something.
I was just going to :yep: Especially if its scary .
I didnt even know River died :sad: Though I think that they can always find a way to bring her back.

Aha, thanks, I dont mind spoilers (especially from an old episode :p:)

Spoiler

I definitely recommend watching Silence in the Library and Forest of the Dead before tomorrow's episode. :yep:

There is a scene in tomorrow's episode which would be better understood, and have a better emotional impact (in retrospect) if you have watched those episodes. Just saying that to enhance your viewing pleasure. :tongue:
I definitely recommend watching Silence in the Library and Forest of the Dead before tomorrow's episode. :yep:

There is a scene in tomorrow's episode which would be better understood, and have a better emotional impact (in retrospect) if you have watched those episodes. Just saying that to enhance your viewing pleasure. :tongue:

Already watching the Forest of the Dead :biggrin: This is such a brilliant two-parter! I likeit for the villain alone- carnivorous shadows :teeth:
What do you know about tomorrows episode? :teeth:
Not tonight. :ahee: :tongue:

They seem to be from the first episode. Can't think of anything else 'interesting' they can show without spoiling something.

Might stay up - got a 4000 word essay to write v_v 1000 words done so far, but wanna get it done soon. It's too bloody hot to write right now... I've just cracked out the fan to deal with it XD Might just read some more Batman...
Already watching the Forest of the Dead :biggrin: This is such a brilliant two-parter! I likeit for the villain alone- carnivorous shadows :teeth:
What do you know about tomorrows episode? :teeth:

Great! :biggrin:

May know what exactly happens in the first two episodes. I'm not saying. Keep schtum until the episodes have aired :hand:

Yeah, watch closely for River's reactions to the Doctor not knowing her and see if you can guess if there is a reason for being so upset. Another point is that it's like Colonel put a while ago, it's a little sad. She is essentially watching (after all her meets with the Doctor), the Doctor 'forgetting' her more and more. Which has a little sad spin on the whole thing.
Original post by LastLordofTime
Might stay up - got a 4000 word essay to write v_v 1000 words done so far, but wanna get it done soon. It's too bloody hot to write right now... I've just cracked out the fan to deal with it XD Might just read some more Batman...

Much better to procrastinate. :colone:

Batman, eh? What ones have you read? I have The Long Halloween, Dark Knight Returns, Year One and the Killing Joke on the shelf. :teeth:
Much better to procrastinate. :colone:

Batman, eh? What ones have you read? I have The Long Halloween, Dark Knight Returns, Year One and the Killing Joke on the shelf. :teeth:

Finished Year One and am reading The Long Halloween now :smile: Up to the 4th of July, I think. Might just blitz it through today. When it's hot out, I don't like being on a laptop (extra heat source is annoying) so either play my PS3 (which is currently on a TV that is being used) or read a book (of which The Long Halloween is the only one I have XD)

May know what exactly happens in the first two episodes. I'm not saying. Keep schtum until the episodes have aired :hand:

Out of interest...how?? :hmmm:

fdsjhdj not posted on this thread yet but I AM EXCITED, once revision is out of the way today I'm having a serious Dr Who sesh of all missed episodes + silence in the library/forest of the dead so I don't miss anything :ahee:

Gutted about the mid-series cliffhanger, on the plus side maybe it will make summer seem longer :shifty:
Great! :biggrin:

Yeah, watch closely for River's reactions to the Doctor not knowing her and see if you can guess if there is a reason for being so upset. Another point is that it's like Colonel put a while ago, it's a little sad. She is essentially watching (after all her meets with the Doctor), the Doctor 'forgetting' her more and more. Which has a little sad spin on the whole thing.

It was so sad :cry: I could see that she was evidently disappointed when Dr didnt recognize her :sadnod:
Original post by dirtyoldriver
Out of interest...how?? :hmmm:

Friend went to a screening. :ninja:

It was so sad :cry: I could see that she was evidently disappointed when Dr didnt recognize her :sadnod:

Ah and there's a reason for being disappointed that he did not recognise her, not just simple heartache. Enough teasers. :tongue:

So, have you watched many Doctor Who episodes before series 5?
Friend went to a screening. :ninja:

Ah and there's a reason for being disappointed that he did not recognise her, not just simple heartache. Enough teasers. :tongue:

So, have you watched many Doctor Who episodes before series 5?

An odd episode here and there :sad: Before I thought of using iPlayer, I kept missing it, when I went volunteering :p: (yeah, its embarrasing how I nevr thought of iPlayer :facepalm:)
I saw the finale of season 4, because one of the TSR friends of mine was a Dr Who fan :p:
I've now got the Doctor Who Easter Egg Mug of 2011 :biggrin: Goes nicely with my old one. It's slightly bigger too. It's had it's inaugural cup o' tee now <3
The Silents - We like tea.
Came home to find that this year we bought only ONE easter egg and it happens to be a Doctor Who one but now there's the whole issue of who gets it :colonhash:
They're on sale for £2 at Tesco apparently - get more?
Just over 24 hours :ahee:
Reply 7839
Original post by Mr.Messy

Original post by Mr.Messy
Just over 24 hours :ahee:

Less than 24 hours :ahee:

Latest