The Student Room Group

A-Levels you regretted taking.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 280
Original post by hoopyfrood199
Nooo, you get a choice between three things. Filmmaking, Screenwriting and some step outline thing. You can do which ever you like!

Bloody hell, I would have loved to write a script as well! I was contempt about the course after a while I didn't even bother to ask what the 2nd year involved! Did you enjoy the A2 course?
Reply 281
Original post by littlemissm
Chemistry. Much harder than GCSE!

What did you get at gcse? :smile:
Reply 282
physics :\
wayyyyyyyyyy more difficult than gcse, i always think GCSEs gave me the delusion that i was good at maths and science..
well, obviously not!
OMG, I can't believe I've got 15 pages of replies? :eek:
EDIT: ARGH can people stop "negging" me?!?!
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 284
History. I enjoyed it until our lovely but can't teach teacher came back and now have to self teach unit 2.
Reply 285
Computing - would much rather have done AFM or even a language.
Reply 286
German. :frown: My best subject, yet I hate it...
Chemistry. I can see why people would take it as it is interesting when you actually understand the stuff, but I'm not smart enough to do really well in it. I'll probably get a C, whereas had I taken something else I would have gotten atleast a B.
Original post by DLJ
Bloody hell, I would have loved to write a script as well! I was contempt about the course after a while I didn't even bother to ask what the 2nd year involved! Did you enjoy the A2 course?

I was in the same situation ahah, I was intent on dropping it but I didn't do too well in Philosophy and got an A in Film so I had to continue it, but actually it turned out loads better. None of that 'micro and macro' rubbish where you have to analyse every milisecond of footage 8-) Now it's much more about film style, auters, characters etc. Much more challenging and interesting, thank god! :smile:
Reply 289
Media Studies...

Used to really like it, but now half of the stuff in it doesn't seem real..

Through the media context we can assume that the primary demographic audience can relate to the media text representing ideological values blah blah blah
Reply 290
Original post by hoopyfrood199
I was in the same situation ahah, I was intent on dropping it but I didn't do too well in Philosophy and got an A in Film so I had to continue it, but actually it turned out loads better. None of that 'micro and macro' rubbish where you have to analyse every milisecond of footage 8-) Now it's much more about film style, auters, characters etc. Much more challenging and interesting, thank god! :smile:

Spose I should have researched it and asked more about it! I hated that too! Also, I remembered being told off for being a "passive" watcher rather than being an "active" (analysis etc) watcher! That annoyed me!
Reply 291
Geography- I hated it at GCSE i dont know why i ended up doing it at A-level
Economics- I it's become so boring it was so fun at AS
Reply 292
Physics.
Reply 293
all of them. a levels are slowly killing my spirit and soul :frown:
Original post by Abc1234x
What did you get at gcse? :smile:

I got an A with lots of revision but was never naturally good at it :frown:
Original post by Quirynn
German. :frown: My best subject, yet I hate it...

*hugs* Dude, I know how you feel. I'ts probably not my best subject, I enjoy it sometimes, hate it others, although the hate is from some **** that kicked off at the beginning of the year.
History

My lovely Russian History teacher went on maternity leave after only one term and her replacement ended up being some old guy who came out of retirement. He is rather shy and teaches us the course of a different exam board which caused quite a few problems as he handed out worksheets on things which we weren't required to learn.

Also, the British course on Radicalism has gradually sucked away my enthusiasm from a subject that I really enjoyed at GCSE. I think the change from GCSE to AS is just so immense and if I find it such a struggle at AS there's no way I could bare another year of it.

Thankfully in four weeks time I shall never have to write a history essay ever again or turn up to a lesson. That alone cheers me up. :tongue:
Biology - the only good thing about taking it was my best friends were in my class, and we had an hilarious trip to Ford Castle! Actually just thinking about it, the fun times we had in class were probably worth the D I finally achieved!! :biggrin:
Took AS Physics then dropped it. It was just so awful, my teacher was weird and without my old school teacher I wouldn't have got an A. I really wish I'd picked something like History or English Literature because I really enjoyed them at GCSE and it would've been a good balance but I ended up doing all sciences and maths :colonhash:
Tbh, all of them. What an utter waste of time they were for me - I probably would have been better off doing other stuff.

Quick Reply

Latest