The Student Room Group

JP morgan Schools Programme 2011

Scroll to see replies

Original post by teshnit
I dont think it will be all about grades, once your hitting around the All A's region dont think it should make much difference. Sent off my cover letter and cv yesterday, anyone do it last year and know when you find out?

Btw no one exaggerate your results, because apparently they ask for proofs, im sure i read that somewhere on the site.

1. I applied before they didn't reply for ages, but apps this year are later then last year.

2. They said on the example CV they check grades. They might do if they decide to give you an offer, or they might not be bothered to since it is only a two day event.
Reply 61
Original post by iInvestmentBanker
1. I applied before they didn't reply for ages, but apps this year are later then last year.

2. They said on the example CV they check grades. They might do if they decide to give you an offer, or they might not be bothered to since it is only a two day event.

Yeah only a two day event, but to have JPmorgan on your cv is explosive and could be a catalyst for a great future career, even if it is a 2 day event, so I'm sure they would check or it would just be abused with people claiming to have A*A*A*AA which isnt fair for the people who do actually have those kinda predictions
Original post by teshnit
Yeah only a two day event, but to have JPmorgan on your cv is explosive and could be a catalyst for a great future career, even if it is a 2 day event, so I'm sure they would check or it would just be abused with people claiming to have A*A*A*AA which isnt fair for the people who do actually have those kinda predictions

Life ain't fair bro. How would they check the predictions?

You really think this event will be that much of a catalyst to a future career? I thought that at the time last year, don't really see this as much any more.
Reply 63
Dunno but they are also ask for references as well as certificates of current grades, considering i already done AS year anyway. I wouldn't say it directly would be a catalyst but it gets the ball rolling, considering getting sorter of BB investment bank name onto your Cv is pretty hard, and to get one on your cv so earlier cant be a hindrance can it?
Original post by iInvestmentBanker
Life ain't fair bro. How would they check the predictions?

You really think this event will be that much of a catalyst to a future career? I thought that at the time last year, don't really see this as much any more.

This.

And also, do they ask for references? For a two-day event?
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 65
Original post by sportycricketer
Have you mentioned in your CV where have you got the offer from? :wink: I was wondering to add that to but not sure cos we haven't actually got the grades for them yet??

Do you do further maths for the course you applied for? Congratulations by the way, what were your GCSEs and A-level grades like if you don't mind me asking, that course looks really good!
Reply 66
Is everyone applying in their second year of A-levels, I'm only in my first year, I thought most people were...
Original post by tateco
Is everyone applying in their second year of A-levels, I'm only in my first year, I thought most people were...

Im in my first :-)
Original post by Victor-PP
This.

Not last year.
Original post by Victor-PP

I'm curious about whether they do as well. At the bottom of my CV, I left two lines:
References:
Available on request

Which leaves the door open I guess. I never realise things are so big when I apply for them, then I log onto TSR.. and discover everyone puts loads of effort into their applications.. this is probably why I get rejected by half the things I apply for. Another rejection waiting to happen :rolleyes:
There's always next year :tongue:
Reply 70
Original post by SillyString
I'm curious about whether they do as well. At the bottom of my CV, I left two lines:
References:
Available on request

Which leaves the door open I guess. I never realise things are so big when I apply for them, then I log onto TSR.. and discover everyone puts loads of effort into their applications.. this is probably why I get rejected by half the things I apply for. Another rejection waiting to happen :rolleyes:
There's always next year :tongue:

I love the way people read into things, like whether they wrote the cover letter-style paragraph in the box and left it on their CV on just put it in the box or just on their CV. They really aren't going to mind, everyone should just chill out and wait :P
Reply 71
Anyone do the tactical thing and choose 17th-18th knowing it has less applicants due to results day? I personally didn't :P
Original post by tateco
I love the way people read into things, like whether they wrote the cover letter-style paragraph in the box and left it on their CV on just put it in the box or just on their CV. They really aren't going to mind, everyone should just chill out and wait :P

So do I :smile:
It is rather entertaining though :tongue:
Reply 73
Original post by SillyString
So do I :smile:
It is rather entertaining though :tongue:

Aha, it is, I'm sure threads like this over-hype how competitive things like this are but how many people do you think will apply?
Original post by tateco
Aha, it is, I'm sure threads like this over-hype how competitive things like this are but how many people do you think will apply?

I hope they are over-hyping, you know TSR is.. :smile:
I'm not sure, I didn't even realise many A2 students were going to apply! I'm guessing about 6/7 to a place.. not that I know how many places are given out. Gee I ought to research more thoroughly, I say that, but I probably won't :rolleyes:
I already have work exp at JPM lined up for this summer but I think I'll apply for this anyway.
Original post by i_hate_teeth
I already have work exp at JPM lined up for this summer but I think I'll apply for this anyway.

How does one go about getting that? D:
My sister's best friend's dad works at JPM, i asked him if I could get some work experiance, he said yes.
Reply 78
My sister's best friend's dad works at JPM, i asked him if I could get some work experiance, he said yes.

:/ Why is everything always about connections... what department?

Lucky you! I'm trying to do the same - I know someone working at Citibank(in Madrid, though), I'll see if I can convince her. :biggrin:

Do you have any idea what your work experience will be about? What will you be doing? And for how long? And as someone said earlier, what dept?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending