The Student Room Group

Exams - Ear Plugs?

Sometimes there's idiots in the exam hall that don't get kicked out.
Extremely irritating distractions.
Are ear plugs allowed in exams to block out the sound?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
If there are really people who don't get kicked out.. contact the exam board. I simply cannot imagine that during a real exam the hired moderators would allow such loud noise.
Ear plugs are not allowed. Too easy to pretend your ear phones connected to an ipod with your revision on are ear plugs.

You are required to leave them outside.
Someone walks out of the room, and your distracted for the whole exam?
I always like that part, divides the exam up. Abit like a short break :tongue:
Reply 4
Original post by Tommyjw
If there are really people who don't get kicked out.. contact the exam board. I simply cannot imagine that during a real exam the hired moderators would allow such loud noise.

The moderators that have been in my past exams are a joke.
Flirting and joking around with people.
Disgustingly unprofessional behaviour.

Original post by hypocriticaljap
Ear plugs are not allowed. Too easy to pretend your ear phones connected to an ipod with your revision on are ear plugs.

You are required to leave them outside.

But ear plugs look nothing like ear phones.

Original post by multiplexing-gamer
Someone walks out of the room, and your distracted for the whole exam?
I always like that part, divides the exam up. Abit like a short break :tongue:

Nah, but I just want everything to go perfectly.
Reply 5
Any more info on this?
Reply 6
What did I get neg repped for?
Original post by dabest2500
Sometimes there's idiots in the exam hall that don't get kicked out.
Extremely irritating distractions.
Are ear plugs allowed in exams to block out the sound?

I'm not sure if you are, I mean I don't think it's a problem seeing as they don't have any wires, but I guess it would be hard for the school to believe that it's completely innocent; considering the technology of this day and age...I know a boy from last year's yr 11 who had a digital watch which he was able to download & store stuff on such as revision notes, so he was able to cheat. :s:

I hate the idiots who use exam time as opportunity to bring attention to themselves :angry:
Reply 8
Take them with you and ask an invigilator beforehand. There's your answer. If they say no, you'll just have to get on with it like everyone else.
boredom.
(edited 4 years ago)
Reply 10
What did I get neg repped for?

There you go you ****. I repped you to counteract someone else's neg repping of you. Now I expect a blowjob and some rep.
Reply 11
Not really about whether you're allowed to have ear plugs, but from you post it seems like you are getting way to worked up about exams, at the end of the day they're GCSE, even though they seem to be the biggest thing ever at the moment, in the grand scheme of things they're not the be all and end all :smile: So my best advice is take a deep breath and rellllllllax :biggrin:
Reply 12
Original post by Comeheretellme
I'm not sure if you are, I mean I don't think it's a problem seeing as they don't have any wires, but I guess it would be hard for the school to believe that it's completely innocent; considering the technology of this day and age...I know a boy from last year's yr 11 who had a digital watch which he was able to download & store stuff on such as revision notes, so he was able to cheat. :s:

I hate the idiots who use exam time as opportunity to bring attention to themselves :angry:

Surely they could just check the ear plugs before hand?
Instead of taking the time to cheat, why not just take the time to revise properly...

I would hate for a fire alarm to go off during exams with idiots thinking it's awesome to build up the tension even more.
If they don't want to do the exam, they might as well not turn up instead of ruining other people's chances.

Original post by Cybele
Take them with you and ask an invigilator beforehand. There's your answer. If they say no, you'll just have to get on with it like everyone else.

I posted a thread on here because there's no school at the moment :smile:

Original post by Novis
It can be really pisstaking. Students like that in my school tend to start up a 'coughing crowd' during exams just out of boredom.

Exactly, and some of the invigilators actually crack jokes with these students.

Original post by 123trident
There you go you ****. I repped you to counteract someone else's neg repping of you. Now I expect a blowjob and some rep.

:lol:
+rep

Original post by als746
Not really about whether you're allowed to have ear plugs, but from you post it seems like you are getting way to worked up about exams, at the end of the day they're GCSE, even though they seem to be the biggest thing ever at the moment, in the grand scheme of things they're not the be all and end all :smile: So my best advice is take a deep breath and rellllllllax :biggrin:

Of course I am, they're bloody important, but I didn't start this thread to start an argument about the importance of GCSEs.
I believe that they are important, you don't and that's it.
Reply 13
anyone else dying with laughter?
Reply 14

Problem solved.
Reply 15
Original post by Kodias

Problem solved.

Please tell me how I can be as witty and funny as you.
Reply 16
Original post by hayley99x
anyone else dying with laughter?

Am I that funny?
Reply 17
I take my earplugs in :shrug:

Our examinations are taken under the nosiest air conditioning unit ever.
Reply 18
Original post by 123trident
Please tell me how I can be as witty and funny as you.

Sorry lady, flattery doesn't work on me.
Reply 19

Of course I am, they're bloody important, but I didn't start this thread to start an argument about the importance of GCSEs.
I believe that they are important, you don't and that's it.

I didn't say they weren't important I was just saying it would be a good idea to relax a little bit! Getting worked up doesn't help with exams not matter what exams they are :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest