The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

mines there :smile:
Reply 8221
You buggers working in the large supermarkets are lucky, all Sainsburys Local are open easter sunday, Christmas eve, New years day and dont even close early, 7-11 with no premium pay! grrrr
(edited 13 years ago)
Original post by hassan90
You buggers working in the large supermarkets are lucky, all Sainsburys Local are open easter sunday, Christmas eve, New years day and dont even close early, 7-11 with no premium pay! grrrr

You're kidding? No premium pay for Easter Sunday? That's absolutely rubbish. I tried to book it off (and I tried very early to do it) and they said they aren't allowing anyone to book it off (which turns out to be false). Still I dont think it's fair if there isn't the premium.
Original post by hassan90

why wouldnt you get premium pay? you should do...
i get to work all the good days >_< stupid bank holidays
Reply 8225
Yeah I got paid today. I'm rich!

... for now >_>
Reply 8226
Couple of questions

I usually pick up my payslips on Saturday. I am working tomorrow, will the payslip be available?

I got paid today, but don't think I got taxed or paid any NI. This has never happened, has this happen to anyone?

Thanks
Original post by GuyUK
Couple of questions

I usually pick up my payslips on Saturday. I am working tomorrow, will the payslip be available?

I got paid today, but don't think I got taxed or paid any NI. This has never happened, has this happen to anyone?

Thanks

should do.

why do you think that? you'll have paid it, yes. i've noticed my pay is £28 more than it normally is so i'm assuming it's something to do with the personal allowance going up
we are open on Easter Sunday, but im never in on a Sunday anyway
Original post by triiden
o goddd so many hot cross buns...

made over 600 packets yesterday :frown:

I hate Hot Cross Buns. So sticky and your hands end up black with soot. So glad I've been outside on BIBC all week
i'm in for 8 hours of easter sunday! extra pay?! hello.
Reply 8231
We are closed Easter Sunday :smile: Yay.

However, I did check again at work today and if you don't book it off as holiday you don't get paid. Pretty much all the people I work with I have asked and this is the answer I got from everyone.

I thought it would work like if Christmas day fell on your working day then you would still get paid but never mind :smile:

My shift was so dead today >.<
Original post by JemMills
We are closed Easter Sunday :smile: Yay.

However, I did check again at work today and if you don't book it off as holiday you don't get paid. Pretty much all the people I work with I have asked and this is the answer I got from everyone.

I thought it would work like if Christmas day fell on your working day then you would still get paid but never mind :smile:

My shift was so dead today >.<

I had to book Christmas Day off this time to get paid for it. :smile:
Reply 8233
I think this might have been asked before but I can't find it now. I just wanted to ask what happens with bank holiday premium and nightshift?

I start a shift at 9pm May 1st and finish 7am May 2nd - so will we get the bank holiday uplift for the 7 hours I'll be working on May Day bank holiday on the 2nd?
Is the pay time and a half for working this friday and monday bank holidays?

If so I'm going to do some overtime this monday and get paid £10 an hour!
Reply 8235
Original post by KatrinaLou
You're kidding? No premium pay for Easter Sunday? That's absolutely rubbish. I tried to book it off (and I tried very early to do it) and they said they aren't allowing anyone to book it off (which turns out to be false). Still I dont think it's fair if there isn't the premium.

The reason you are paid premium on bank holidays is to give you an incentive to work - because your not legally required to work on those specific days.
Reply 8236
Original post by Sir_Malc
Is the pay time and a half for working this friday and monday bank holidays?

If so I'm going to do some overtime this monday and get paid £10 an hour!

If your on the old Savacentre contract. Yes.

For most, its just 1.0 for overtime and the premium.
Original post by MXz
I think this might have been asked before but I can't find it now. I just wanted to ask what happens with bank holiday premium and nightshift?

I start a shift at 9pm May 1st and finish 7am May 2nd - so will we get the bank holiday uplift for the 7 hours I'll be working on May Day bank holiday on the 2nd?

youd only get paid for the hours that it is bank holiday, yes
Reply 8238
Original post by Foulish
The reason you are paid premium on bank holidays is to give you an incentive to work - because your not legally required to work on those specific days.

Local's dont get no premium what so ever, i dont understand why that is... sainsburys should be sainsburys in all their stores
right then. what depts are generally available to work in at sburys? i am going to hr on monday or tuesday to discuss my options. (it is hr i would go to about moving depts, right?)

Latest

Trending

Trending