The Student Room Group

Part time job and student finance

Hi, just wanted to ask whether I have to inform student finance about a part time job I have. I've done my application as i'm going into my 2nd year of study and started this job in december but through the application they never asked for my earned income.
Thank-you for any help.
Reply 1
anyone...??
Original post by confuseddd
Hi, just wanted to ask whether I have to inform student finance about a part time job I have. I've done my application as i'm going into my 2nd year of study and started this job in december but through the application they never asked for my earned income.
Thank-you for any help.

No, you don't. Part-time jobs don't come into the student finance equation.
Reply 3
They don't take into account the personal income of the student, only their parents so you don't need to inform them.
Reply 4
Original post by flipshot
They don't take into account the personal income of the student, only their parents so you don't need to inform them.

oh okayy...thank-you! :smile:
Original post by flipshot

Thanks, but where's the source?
Reply 6
If you're under 25, your "household income" is based on your parents' earnings. Your earnings would only be taken into account if you were 25+ or you had applied to be assessed on your own income in specific circumstances under 25 (estranged from parents etc).

Under 25 and assessed on your parents's income, means that your earnings aren't part of the Student Finance calculation.
I have a question what if I had a part time job and Iam over 25 would it affect my student finance
What if I was over 25 years of age and I had a part time job am will my student finance be affected

Quick Reply

Latest