The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by DontJudge
oooh my d-daiz can't be asked wit u.... your good at being annoying. i'll give you that. usually i win these battles. but seriously nomore analyzin in the way i write.

I'm an irritating soul, aren't I? Kk, WeRe qUitz noW k bB3? :smile:
Original post by aeterno
NO ONE GETS YOU BECAUSE YOU MAKE NO SENSE!!

Do you get it now? Or are you just that dense?

I love the unintentional rhyming in this post, I've got the vision of someone rapping it. Sort of Enter Shikari-esque. :biggrin:
Reply 82
Original post by Chaofan88
I'm an irritating soul, aren't I? Kk, WeRe qUitz noW k bB3? :smile:

thankx
Reply 83
Original post by Foo.mp3
SMASH IT

I hope to **** it's innacuracy rather than irony or the British education system really is as ****ed as they say it is

I has distinctly average grades.. does that mean I is bad :frown:

lol, what do you expect me to say that its good?
well it depends why you got low grade, any problems at home? so and so..
Original post by TheFlyingDutchman
A teacher at my brothers GF's old school got suspended just for texting pupils. It wasn't even anything out of line either. It was little texts like coursework deadlines and the odd Merry christmas or something like that.

They started a massive petition to get her brought back but in the end she didn't even want to come.

Point of the story is that you need to be careful not to cross a line. You'd feel awful if something happened to their job because of it.

Crikey, feel free to criticise this, but seriously, hasn't that gone much too far? Little text messages about coursework deadlines and holidays merit a suspension? It's ridiculous to think such behaviour could be considered a "line", and if you go out the UK to visit other countries you start to see what a joke the above suspension reason sounds like. I'm sorry to hear about what happened to the teacher.

I study in China right now at uni, and Chinese school students from at least middle to high school all tend to have their teachers' phone numbers. Teacher-student relationships are just as taboo in China as they would be here, and it happens in just the same rarity as is would, say, in the UK. In China I tell younger students that British students may not have out-of-school contact with teachers (though sometimes email is an exception) and they are shocked. Teachers are there for moral support as well as education; what if students have trouble outside school, need extra help with holiday assignments or need to talk personally with a teacher?

In uni I have the phone number and email list of my entire class as well as all the department teachers and lecturers. Lecturers are also willing to help us students in general life too should we give them a call.

Sorry, just thought I'd provide a comparison.
(edited 13 years ago)
Original post by Contrad!ction.
Well, I talk to my maths teacher all the time and get "ooh, you so fancy him!" so I guess I get it the same as you - some people don't understand that teachers are also people. Most of our teachers are nice, there are some who can't teach but are great to talk to, and a few *******s I'd rather not see in lessons, let alone out of them.

Depends on the job but I still don't see why there's so much negativity on platonic relationships with teachers. It's the stupid position of care thing - trying to avoid any possibility of overstepping the line, resulting in not being able to chat to students. Which sucks.

Completely agree with this :smile:
Reply 86
Original post by Foo.mp3
teacher sais it cos i more arty then acedem.. but she sed only ignant ppl juge u on fings lyke dat? :confused:

welll yeh, but im also arty as well. and my fam doesn't even no it exists! they not white!

so i kinda curved away from that room, and focusing on my academic side.cos think about it. the only job you can get with art. is artist................

welll other things as well like house renovation,,, but i woudn't wnna be doing that all ma life!
did u choose art for gcse
Reply 87
Original post by Foo.mp3
You should be a philosopher or somet, that's some wise ****

No I did photography, because I wanted to be ... photographer :biggrin: ahahaha

lol! yeh i love taking pics of ppl! always comes out good...with my 1.3 megapixel camera hah!
Reply 88
Original post by Foo.mp3
Wow. You're like so creative and ****! :smile:

lol! yeah -.- working with the resources! anyways u doing a levels?
.... I typed out a good half page and messed around and hit refresh...

*Edited version* Yea be friends with them. THere's nothing but positives for being friends with your teachers.
Reply 90
Original post by Foo.mp3
Gimmie dem resources bluud! *POW POW*

Nein, I completed mein A-levels back when you were in junior school yo :cool:

right then! what are u doing at the moment, cant really gues?????? oh ajob. :colondollar:
Original post by DontJudge
right then! what are u doing at the moment, cant really gues?????? oh ajob. :colondollar:

Ehi, you two, what about using private messages?
Thanks
(edited 13 years ago)
If she's his EX-teacher then I really don't see what some people are going on about. It is exactly the same principle as seeing another friend, regardless of whether it's romantic or not. Some people will always think it's "really weird" but that is because they are stupid. Do what you want with you who want. :smile:
Reply 93
Looks well dodge.. maybe she thinks it will be romantic?
Original post by Foo.mp3
Oh deary deary me.

I think that's the hope, poor delluded fool :mrt:

Wow, thank you for introducing me to my new favourite thing on TSR --> :mrt:
Reply 95
how hot are they, they're atleast 20 years older than you. easily in the milf/dilf range still.
Reply 96
Tbh there's teachers from my old school that I'd love to go out for a few drinks with, either because they're total LADs or legends.
Reply 97
can i have an update?

Latest

Trending

Trending