The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Txi
Oh excuse me - Cardiff is even worse than Northern

LOL

Geography 1 - 0 Txi

How will you respond to this crushing blow?

Now that you've set the benchmark for all universities North of Cardiff being rinky dinky, I assume LSE and Imperial now occupy the top two spots on the Times Good University Guide, with Cambridge and Oxford occupying rinky dinky status somewhere around 50th place?
Reply 241
Original post by Txi
MM isn't trading it's bullshiet.

bet that Foffex is really frustrated that he can't trade for real but has to make pips and paps off other bums.

YUK, Pooi !

CTA all the way MotherF's.

So PMMs do not trade? You might want to read up on that.

If I couldn't 'trade for real' then what would be the point of the company paying for me to have taken certification exams with the exchange? In fact, much of my motivation for choosing a prop over an IB desk was that I could trade sooner, in similar size.
Reply 242
Original post by effofex
You're missing the point. A 'good internet connection' is insufficient. We're talking about execution in a matter of microseconds and colocation. One man in his bedroom is unlikely to have access to that unless he is very rich - and if he was that rich, many would argue why he doesn't just invest traditionally rather than trade.

I have never 'paid to the firms'. I didn't have to pay for any training etc. I am being paid by them. Otherwise, what would be in it for me?

You're a frustrated ' market maker '/ scraper.

You're not a real trader full stop.

What you mean Rich men don't trade ?

Heard of Mike Stienhardt, Randy Mackay, Michael Marcus?

They ain't poofter Mmakers you know.
Reply 243
Original post by effofex
So PMMs do not trade? You might want to read up on that.

If I couldn't 'trade for real' then what would be the point of the company paying for me to have taken certification exams with the exchange? In fact, much of my motivation for choosing a prop over an IB desk was that I could trade sooner, in similar size.

Don't need to.

I sat in a room full of them.

No it's not real trading and you know it.

That is why you are here - to discharge your frustrations and to fish for praise to sooth those frustrations.

Sit on the Bid offer, pick up pips and paps all day long, ride a few if it goes your way.

Don't try it on, man i know all your BS tricks.

MM= monotonous, boring, semi skilled work and that IS why you are employed. It requires no real intellect whatsoever and you hide behind your MM facilities.

Real men trade outright, full stop.

kekekeke
Original post by Txi
Don't need to.

That is why you are here - to discharge your frustrations and to fish for praise to sooth those frustrations.

Sit on the Bid offer, pick up pips and paps all day long, ride a few if it goes your way.

MM= monotonous, boring, semi skilled work and that IS why you are employed. It requires no real intellect whatsoever and you hide behind your MM facilities.

kekekeke

TBH, you sound like the one that's frustrated.
Reply 245
Original post by ilickbatteries
Geography 1 - 0 Txi

How will you respond to this crushing blow?

Now that you've set the benchmark for all universities North of Cardiff being rinky dinky, I assume LSE and Imperial now occupy the top two spots on the Times Good University Guide, with Cambridge and Oxford occupying rinky dinky status somewhere around 50th place?

Geography 1 - 0 Txi LSE = -1

I said Cardiff IS rinky dink, get that through your thick skull.

Are you welsh ?
Reply 246
I didn't know some people who want to get into IB were such psychopaths. I guess it'll get spotted at interview though, and only sensible individuals will get the jobs. At least it'll be a little less competition for them to worry about as well.
Reply 247
Original post by Txi
Don't need to.

kekekeke

And what do you think is more profitable then? How come the top MMs are more profitable per capita than many position-taking desks? What falls under 'real trading'? And why did you think trading required 'intellect'?

The praise comes in the form of the bonus; not from the opinions of people on here.
Original post by Txi
Geography 1 - 0 Txi LSE = -1

I said Cardiff IS rinky dink, get that through your thick skull.

Are you welsh ?

Plz lrn 2 jografee.

You thick, opinionated little bell.

Rinky dink Northern universities.

I would love to smash your face in with a Newcastle University prospectus.

No, I'm not Welsh.
Reply 249
Original post by thestrategist89
Oh dear...

Christ. Welcome to TSR, if you're not at a target uni then you're penalised for being not good enough, and if you don't know what a target uni then you have no chance. Apparently.

Answer the boy's question instead of being a douchebag...
*Regrets subscribing to a retarded thread
Reply 251
Original post by Txi
You're a frustrated ' market maker '/ scraper.

You're not a real trader full stop.

What you mean Rich men don't trade ?

Heard of Mike Stienhardt, Randy Mackay, Michael Marcus?

They ain't poofter Mmakers you know.

lol, did you just finish Market Wizards? those guys did exactly the kind of thing that the prop firms we are talking about do today...exploit marginal inefficiencies. it turned out they weren't BSD traders but just following the right strategy at the right time.

Tbf, Steinhardt was close to a "real trader" but some of the stuff he did then would almost certainly be illegal today. I also don't think you should respect someone who goes on CNBC to whine about how Warren Buffet gets more respect than him.

I think the line between MMing and "real" trading is a lot thinner than you seem to think. What IBs do is clearly marketmaking but what places like Optiver do probably isn't (thats why they are called prop firms not brokers) and about 20 years ago probably would have been called "real" trading. to put in market wizards terms think the Ritchie Bros and CRT.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 252
Original post by grth
Christ. Welcome to TSR, if you're not at a target uni then you're penalised for being not good enough, and if you don't know what a target uni then you have no chance. Apparently.

Answer the boy's question instead of being a douchebag...

This! I haven't lost faith in humanity just yet....
Reply 253
Original post by ilickbatteries
Plz lrn 2 jografee.

You thick, opinionated little bell.

Rinky dink Northern universities.

I would love to smash your face in with a Newcastle University prospectus.

No, I'm not Welsh.

hahahaha

well I may be coming to london in Oct.

So if I do let's get in a cage honey.
Reply 254
Original post by effofex
And what do you think is more profitable then? How come the top MMs are more profitable per capita than many position-taking desks? What falls under 'real trading'? And why did you think trading required 'intellect'?

The praise comes in the form of the bonus; not from the opinions of people on here.

Top MM's my arse. That's an oxymoron or perhaps just a plain moron in this case.

What profit ? Whose ' trading desk ' ?

if you don't know what real direct trading or intellect is then you need to come out from underneath your MM's skirt to find out.

LOL
Reply 255
Original post by i_hate_teeth
TBH, you sound like the one that's frustrated.

Then why are you replying ?

you are the one that sounds frustrated.
Reply 256
Original post by Txi
Top MM's my arse. That's an oxymoron or perhaps just a plain moron in this case.

What profit ? Whose ' trading desk ' ?

if you don't know what real direct trading or intellect is then you need to come out from underneath your MM's skirt to find out.

LOL

Speed is more important than intellect.

'real direct trading'? Oh dear.
Original post by Txi
hahahaha

well I may be coming to london in Oct.

So if I do let's get in a cage honey.

Laahndan? Facking Laahndan?

Well at least you're not going somewhere 'rinky dink' like Oxford or Cambridge ey?

Enjoy your time at London Met :smile:
Reply 258
Original post by crcr
lol, did you just finish Market Wizards? those guys did exactly the kind of thing that the prop firms we are talking about do today...exploit marginal inefficiencies. it turned out they weren't BSD traders but just following the right strategy at the right time.

Tbf, Steinhardt was close to a "real trader" but some of the stuff he did then would almost certainly be illegal today. I also don't think you should respect someone who goes on CNBC to whine about how Warren Buffet gets more respect than him.

I think the line between MMing and "real" trading is a lot thinner than you seem to think. What IBs do is clearly marketmaking but what places like Optiver do probably isn't (thats why they are called prop firms not brokers) and about 20 years ago probably would have been called "real" trading. to put in market wizards terms think the Ritchie Bros and CRT.

Crap and you know it.

CRT are owner/traders unlike you that hides behind a 'prop' shop.

Get out and do your own thing if you are a real trader.

You can't bluff, you spend too much time here to be a trader, You are a MM - whole different thing.

Steinhardt was an outright trader like most of the MWs and you F'g know it. stop feigning BS ignorance games.

You couldn't cut it as a real trader so its MM shiet.

I know I can see from the way you type.

NO, YOU think the line between MMing and "real" trading is a lot thinner.

I am very clear what both are.

What IBs do and what places like Optiver do is roughly similar except IB's have clients to cheat whereas people like have to scalp 1/2 pips 100 times a day.

BORING SHIET AND YOU KNOW IT.

THAT'S WHY YOU'RE HERE

YOU LOOKING FOR A WAY OUT, I KNOW YOU ARE.

it's bum's work but carry on, it's your life.

I don't give 2 you know whats.
Reply 259
Original post by Txi
Crap and you know it.

CRT are owner/traders unlike you that hides behind a 'prop' shop.

Get out and do your own thing if you are a real trader.

You can't bluff, you spend too much time here to be a trader, You are a MM - whole different thing.

Steinhardt was an outright trader like most of the MWs and you F'g know it. stop feigning BS ignorance games.

You couldn't cut it as a real trader so its MM shiet.

I know I can see from the way you type.

NO, YOU think the line between MMing and "real" trading is a lot thinner.

I am very clear what both are.

What IBs do and what places like Optiver do is roughly similar except IB's have clients to cheat whereas people like have to scalp 1/2 pips 100 times a day.

BORING SHIET AND YOU KNOW IT.

THAT'S WHY YOU'RE HERE

YOU LOOKING FOR A WAY OUT, I KNOW YOU ARE.

it's bum's work but carry on, it's your life.

I don't give 2 you know whats.

right just to be clear i trade directionally (i trade equities based on fundamentals), i trade my own money, i don't work for a prop shop, i don't want to work for one but i'm interested in the industry in general. not quite sure why your taking it so personally either. did you get sexually abused by a MM? get rejected by Optiver? you do sound properly mental tho, "Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth".

right i didn't say steinhardt didn't trade outrights...i don't understand how outrights is relevant...if you read his book he basically made money trading on what would be called insider info today, manipulating markets, doing block trades and fundamentals. he was obviously a good investor but the money he made on block trades was clearly market making. my point was that most people aren't BSDs/stereotype "traders" and that breed is dying. i would say PTJ (or Louis Bacon) is the perfect example of the stereotypical "trader" but if you've ever heard him talk about his trades you would you know no1 can be PTJ, he is one of a kind.

i can see i'm not going to change your opinion but i was just making the general point that a lot of HFT strategies clearly provide liquidity but operate like strategies you might associate with CTAs (for example) and CRT, basically, made markets on options based on models so i don't see a clear distinction at all.
(edited 12 years ago)

Latest

Trending

Trending