The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 8920
Taarbat is a joke of a player who will be found out as soon as he moves up a level. He has a pathetic attitude without the ability to back it up.
He was marked out of a game by Robbie Savage three games away from his retirement :facepalm2:

I also don't see why Menez has been floated about recently. He is known to be a mentally fragile player and has pretty much flopped since his hype years ago.
Reply 8921
Original post by Mess.
Taarbat is a joke of a player who will be found out as soon as he moves up a level. He has a pathetic attitude without the ability to back it up.
He was marked out of a game by Robbie Savage three games away from his retirement :facepalm2:

I also don't see why Menez has been floated about recently. He is known to be a mentally fragile player and has pretty much flopped since his hype years ago.

Menez has a similar situation to Thierry Henry at Juve.Taarabt has ability there isn't anyone in England with his raw skill.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 8922
Nasri is signing a new contract in the summer, he said so in an interview with the Guardian a few months ago. In that interview he also said he hates Spurs. :biggrin:
Would pretty much jizz my pants if Nasri came to United! Always try to buy him on FM, but he never shows the slightest hint of intrest in leaving.

I think Nasri will stay though, if Cesc left, it would be crucial you keep him.
Guesses for the score today? I'm going... 3-1 Arsenal. We concede at 2-0 up but them kill the game off around 80 minutes
Reply 8925
To put Nasris contract talks to bed on here...

An interview Nasri had with the Guardian.

"Nasri will discuss a new contract at Arsenal in the summer talks are currently on hold and he says that he wants to stay. The weather apart, he likes London, he is happy at Arsenal and he acknowledges that they have made him into the player that he is today"

Also, ...

"I will not play for Tottenham," he says. "It's like in France, I cannot play for Paris St-Germain [Marseille's rivals] because I'm faithful."

But William Gallas swapped Arsenal for Tottenham. "That's another good reason not to go there," he says. Nasri's feud with Gallas is well documented.

:smile:
(edited 12 years ago)
Because footballers never go back on what they say in interviews :rolleyes:
Nasri won't leave in the summer. I'm certain of it.
Reply 8928
Nasri will stay (Y)!
I don't like song. He is not a DM as people tend to point out, more of a central midfielder who will "sometimes" drop a few yards deep if need be.

It is crucial we get Eden Hazard in, we need to inject some serious pace into the team, look at the times when Fabregas picks out Walcott when he relies on his raw pace...it works wonders. I am not willing to put faith in Miyachi just get despite him looking like a great prospect.

Another problem is that people think our CB's are ****e...only Squallachi is worth that name. Most of our defensive errors come from our full backs and not out centre backs which pisses me off as they get all the flack...
Clichy I used to rate, however he has gone backwards for the past few seasons, he lapses in concentration and does not have the ability to take responsibility when Arsenal often go Gung Ho. Sagna is a good right back, however his problem is the opposite, he cannot attack or chip in crosses to save his life, which is why in recent games Eboue has been preferred - his attacking options are miles ahead of Sagna. I would seriously look into our left back area...we need someone like Ashley Cole.... unfortunately I think Gibbs is too injury prone and has Clichy's mentality to replace him JUST YET

If we had a proper defensive midfielder, our current formation would just about work, but Arsenal are an attacking team and I suggest this -

-----------------------------Chesney

------------------Koscielny-----------Djourou
Sagna----------------------------------------------------Clichy

------------------Fabregas-----------Wilshere

Hazard---------------------------------------------------Nasri

-----------------------RVP
-----------------------------Walcott

This is ideally better for the players we have, it's about time Walcott took a striker position as he is not a winger. He cannot dribble past players well and will be more effective beating the last man on raw pace and clinical finishing.
RVP deployed as a secondary striker who would interchange between Walcott when needed.

An injection of pace required, Hazard would replace Walcotts role this season, using his pace and dribbling to get behind the full backs.

Nasri retains his position.

Fabregas and Wilshere sit in midfield and spray passes forward. in his recent interview to the Spanish media (i think) it has been quoted that Fabregas prefers to "sit deep" as he is able to analyse the pitch and players in front of him - giving him the opportunity to make the killer pass.
Wilshere could be slightly ahead of him which will be able to make him do his thing that has made everyone rave about him this season.

Fullbacks are attacking hence no change there (unless we get a proper defensive right/left back)

- So only one transfer required in the summer, a defensive minded midfielder would be welcome if Diaby and Denilson leave. Would love it if Bender or Chamakh left so we can get a pacey strong striker but that's not gonna happen :frown:

This formation will only work if the team defend as a unit when the ball is not in possession.
Comments/criticisms?
(edited 12 years ago)
Nasri has stated "Na-s-ri me no leaving gunners"
Reply 8931
Original post by TinFish
I don't like song. He is not a DM as people tend to point out, more of a central midfielder who will "sometimes" drop a few yards deep if need be.

That's not his role in midfield. The midfield play a rotation role.

Say the midfield was Fabregas Song and Wilshere, when Wilshere and Fabregas go forward, Song stays back. When Song and Wilshere goes forward, Fabregas stays back. When Fabregas and Song go forward, Wilshere stays back.

Also, Arsenal have only won 1 game when Song hasn't played (against Blackpool).
Original post by Zionic
That's not his role in midfield. The midfield play a rotation role.

Say the midfield was Fabregas Song and Wilshere, when Wilshere and Fabregas go forward, Song stays back. When Song and Wilshere goes forward, Fabregas stays back. When Fabregas and Song go forward, Wilshere stays back.

Also, Arsenal have only won 1 game when Song hasn't played (against Blackpool).

I know that but he is apparently meant to be the most defensive minded out of the lot. He is useless, if anyone actually analyses him properly he is joe average with no special skill in any one area.
Reply 8933
Original post by TinFish
I know that but he is apparently meant to be the most defensive minded out of the lot. He is useless, if anyone actually analyses him properly he is joe average with no special skill in any one area.

I'm not disagreeing with you, he isn't the most talented footballer in the team, but he does get the job done when playing, and he's chipped in with very vital goals for us this season.
Original post by TinFish

-----------------------------Chesney

------------------Koscielny-----------Djourou
Sagna----------------------------------------------------Clichy

------------------Fabregas-----------Wilshere

Hazard---------------------------------------------------Nasri

-----------------------RVP
-----------------------------Walcott

This is actually exactly what I want for next year. I do disagree about our full backs though. I think Clichy is a good defender and well who's better? When going forward it's not really his fault he's left to cross in. He can't cross properly and there's no one to aim for anyway.

I think the 5 man midfield we have (there's no way we play a 4-3-3 currently) is a huge problem. It slows us down far too much. Fabregas does play deep and Wilshere with him could hold the centre imo. I don't think we need a DM, United manage fine without one.

Also TV with Djourou at CB if he's back.
Reply 8935
Hazard won't come to Arsenal. Reason: He'll cost more than £20million.
Jokers who think it likely Nasri will be leaving this summer aside... sort yourselves out...

So today... what can we expect?

Kevin Davies to elbow someone in the head and get away with it - very probable.

A mediocre Bolton central midfielder to smash in a wondergoal - nailed on.

An Arsenal goal to get chalked off incorrectly for offside - likely.

I could go on... but we're all so familiar with the bull**** by now there's no point.

The way the weather is and how nice life is elsewhere, I will take a year long holiday from football soon I think. I absolutely deserve to have a lie down.
Original post by Zionic
Hazard won't come to Arsenal. Reason: He'll cost more than £20million.

sad but true...maybe arsene will change his ways now that he's seen that his method of youngsters and spending less then 15mil doesn't work as best as he thought it would :rolleyes:
Arsenal striker Nicklas Bendtner on Twitter:

"Out with an injury - hope to be back for next match. Come on Arsenal."

Please don't. Wenger, don't put him in. Someone break his legs so he can't return....
Original post by Billa Bong
sad but true...maybe arsene will change his ways now that he's seen that his method of youngsters and spending less then 15mil doesn't work as best as he thought it would :rolleyes:

Hazard really disapointed me this season.He is good but not too good.In my books he is comparable to Affelay, similar style actually.

Original post by TheGreatest21
Arsenal striker Nicklas Bendtner on Twitter:

"Out with an injury - hope to be back for next match. Come on Arsenal."

Please don't. Wenger, don't put him in. Someone break his legs so he can't return....

LOL, he's not that bad really.

Latest