The Student Room Group

Nee-Naw-Nee-Naw! Food Crimes we Cannot Abide!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 440
Original post by dnumberwang
What's not to understand about people who don't like salad? There are a whole range of different vegetables so yes it is weird when someone says they don't like vegetables; most salads on the other hand are just a cold tasteless pile of leaves

Nah, people are allowed their preferences; I meant more when people say they 'don't like' something as a blanket term. And, actually, there's more to salads than just a 'cold, tasteless pile of leaves'! :p:
Reply 441
Original post by DaneCook
People who don't like garlic herb sauce on their pizza disgust me. As do the people who hate the tropical pizza.

Ham, Mushrooms and Pineapple. Lush.

Original post by AccioJellyBean
Eating pizza with cutlery. Idiots.

I actually work in a pizzeria and fail both of these.
I find pineapple in particular the most disgusting thing you could put on pizza, it's fruit, it's not meant to be there :tongue:
Original post by conway!
I actually work in a pizzeria and fail both of these.
I find pineapple in particular the most disgusting thing you could put on pizza, it's fruit, it's not meant to be there :tongue:

Tomato is a fruit...
Reply 443
:smile:
Original post by FormerlyFrisbeeFan
Tomato is a fruit...

pineapple's still icky, doesn't change my point :smile: plus tomato is a fruit by the way it grows technically but not a fruit taste wise, i would say...
Original post by jeh_jeh
Nah, people are allowed their preferences; I meant more when people say they 'don't like' something as a blanket term. And, actually, there's more to salads than just a 'cold, tasteless pile of leaves'! :p:

I guess you just mean when people say they don't like vegetables, yep that is weird :tongue:

Leaves with sauce then? Sauce is probably more honest and accurate than 'dressing'. Either way, there's still no substance. At best, salad is a snack on the same level as a packet of crisps, and at worst it's simply a decoration :tongue:

Oh and I'm talking about pile of leaves kind of salad, not things like potato salad or couscous salad which actually have food in them
I guess you just mean when people say they don't like vegetables, yep that is weird :tongue:

Leaves with sauce then? Sauce is probably more honest and accurate than 'dressing'. Either way, there's still no substance. At best, salad is a snack on the same level as a packet of crisps, and at worst it's simply a decoration :tongue:

Oh and I'm talking about pile of leaves kind of salad, not things like potato salad or couscous salad which actually have food in them

Aww. I love multi-leaf salads. Not into potato salads or anything like that, but a good mix of leaves, some tomatoes etc is heavenly. Especially when the weather is as warm as it has been lately. :smile:
Original post by affinity89
Aww. I love multi-leaf salads. Not into potato salads or anything like that, but a good mix of leaves, some tomatoes etc is heavenly. Especially when the weather is as warm as it has been lately. :smile:

It's not a meal though is it
It's not a meal though is it

I often have it as a meal. :smile:

I'm with you on this one.

Also, Greek salad! Went to the Colours Ball at my uni a month or so ago, and the starter was Greek salad. Everyone was moaning about how it wasn't "proper food" and that we'd been cheated out of our money, but I thought it was amazing...Chunks of feta, chopped red onion, peppers, sweet tomatoes and a lovely, light dressing.

NOM.

Edit: Okay, just realised my post didn't actually answer the original question. So I shall do so now!

It irks me when people go somewhere like Nando's and get the vegetarian option. I don't mind people being vegetarian in itself- there are lots of lovely vegetarian foods out there!- but Nando's is NOT the place to go if you want a decent vegetarian option. Really not worth it.
(edited 12 years ago)

I'm sure as a vegan you get this kind of question a lot but where do you get your protein carbohydrates?
Reply 450
I'm sure as a vegan you get this kind of question a lot but where do you get your protein carbohydrates?

Beans, pulses and nuts are all great sources of protein, and surely carbs are fairly easy? You can get vegan-friendly pasta, and there's obviously potatoes and rice, and stuff.
Original post by jeh_jeh
Beans, pulses and nuts are all great sources of protein, and surely carbs are fairly easy? You can get vegan-friendly pasta, and there's obviously potatoes and rice, and stuff.

I dunno, I was under the impression that it wouldn't have any:

I dunno, I was under the impression that it wouldn't have any:

Having a leaf based salad, with tomatoes, peppers and other additions for a meal doesn't mean vegans don't have carbohydrates lol. :smile: I believe in variety in all things - hearty vegan pies and stews are common for me in winter, for example. :smile:

Anyway, this has kind of gone off topic now.

To bring it back, I'd say a food crime is a lack of experimentation. Linked to people saying they dislike it when people say 'I don't like vegetables' as a blanket statement. There are so many flavours and textures to try food-wise, so I think it is a shame when people are not opening to trying something new. :smile:
Having a leaf based salad, with tomatoes, peppers and other additions for a meal doesn't mean vegans don't have carbohydrates lol. :smile: I believe in variety in all things - hearty vegan pies and stews are common for me in winter, for example. :smile:

Anyway, this has kind of gone off topic now.

To bring it back, I'd say a food crime is a lack of experimentation. Linked to people saying they dislike it when people say 'I don't like vegetables' as a blanket statement. There are so many flavours and textures to try food-wise, so I think it is a shame when people are not opening to trying something new. :smile:

But it's a whole meal you have often, which doesn't appear to have any carbs or protein :s

Same thing to people who 'don't like meat' (obviously this isn't directed at you - no one is vegan because of the taste) - meat is more varied in taste than something like seafood I'm sure. Also when people refuse to try foods because it has some organ in it

Original post by llacerta

Also, Greek salad! Went to the Colours Ball at my uni a month or so ago, and the starter was Greek salad. Everyone was moaning about how it wasn't "proper food" and that we'd been cheated out of our money, but I thought it was amazing...Chunks of feta, chopped red onion, peppers, sweet tomatoes and a lovely, light dressing.

NOM.

That's fine though, it was a starter! If the salad were the main course then I think they'd have the right to complain :tongue: That doesn't sound too bad actually, sounds more exciting than a pile of leaves. I prefer all vegetables cooked though, red onions as a pizza topping :drool: and peppers stir fried :drool:
Reply 454
Original post by llacerta

It irks me when people go somewhere like Nando's and get the vegetarian option. I don't mind people being vegetarian in itself- there are lots of lovely vegetarian foods out there!- but Nando's is NOT the place to go if you want a decent vegetarian option. Really not worth it.

But what if the vegetarian was going with their carnivorous friends or SO? Does it still annoy you? I know my veggie friend has eaten in nandos a few times as her BF isn't a veggie, and it would be unfair to deprive him of Nandos :tongue::wink:

Nandos chicken is almost the only thing stopping me going veggie :colondollar:
Not eating the crust of sandwiches or pizza :gasp:

Original post by AccioJellyBean
Eating pizza with cutlery. Idiots.

But I do that all the time! :cry2:
I know a few people who inisist on saying how much they're not enjoying a meal and that they "don't like it"...but it's between mouthfuls as they're saying this ironically, as THEY ARE STILL ****ING EATING IT. Don't like it, don't eat it..just don't moan about it!

lol when people suck the bone marrow out of the bone.. =/
Olives.
When people have to go and pickle perfectly lovely tasty beetroots :frown: My husband went and bought some pickled ones by mistake and now I feel I have to eat them :frown:

Quick Reply

Latest