The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Mmmmm shiny new thread!

This thread/old thread makes me wish i had unlimited money. So many nice things!
Original post by c7.
The plimsolls are ok but most people would tell you not to wear the 3/4 cargos.

haha this is true, they're not as bad as they sound :redface:
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by veggie4life
Would really appreciate your help!

I pretty much live in smart shoes or converse neither of which really go with shorts.

Would really appreciate your advice on what sorts of footwear would go with shorts and 3/4 cargo style shorts.

Have seen these but don't think they'd look much cop with the 3/4 cargos :s

http://www.riverisland.com/Online/men/shoes/high-tops-plimsolls/black-lace-up-plimsolls--253494

Yeah, I'd probably just ditch the cargos to be honest although if you've got lo top converse then I'm sure they'd work with them? What are the 'smart shoes' you own like? Brogues/loafers definitely work with chino/trouser shorts.

Oh and don't go for the plimsolls; trying phasing out your out-of-date clothes rather than phasing in out-of-date shoes to match them.
what shoes can i wear with light-coloured chinos?
Where can I get CHEAP 3/4 shorts? and not the tracksuit kind of material.
Reply 25

Bought these with my Groupon voucher ages ago, wasn't anything else I really liked and thought what the hell
Original post by PurpleMonkeyDishwasher
Yeah, I'd probably just ditch the cargos to be honest although if you've got lo top converse then I'm sure they'd work with them? What are the 'smart shoes' you own like? Brogues/loafers definitely work with chino/trouser shorts.

Oh and don't go for the plimsolls; trying phasing out your out-of-date clothes rather than phasing in out-of-date shoes to match them.

haha I think i'll save the cargos for the beach and try them with low tops. I have both brown and black loafers and brogues so i'll give them a try when im feeling adventurous. Any suggestions on trainers though if not those plimsols :tongue:
What do you guys think about white wayfarers for guys?
Reply 28
I need to subscribe...

Thinking of buying some driving shoes...

These maybe?
Reply 29
Planning on getting some plain blue Havainais today. Went to Zara yesterday, they had some really nice shorts, but they were mostly all a bit long.

I'd quite like one or two lightweight pullovers to wear (without anything underneath) with shorts :holmes:
Reply 30
Can anyone recommend any stores other then American Apparel that sell basic color T-Shirts of decent quality?
Reply 31
Original post by +Adam+
Can anyone recommend any stores other then American Apparel that sell basic color T-Shirts of decent quality?

This. Would like some nice crew necks in some good deep colours.

Also I read that someone does not want shorts past knee length....I mostly agree on this statement however it is subject to each individual wearer. I have skinny chicken legs (that are being worked on at the gym) and shorts above knee length will absolutely not suit me :frown:
Anyone know of any decent places (online/high street) that sell some past knee length shorts/chinos or whatever that are slim fitted and stylish? Nothing too baggy please...been too busy at work not had a chance to shop as of yet.
Reply 32
Original post by +Adam+

I have some from topman and they have held up well, much cheaper than AA too.
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by anonymousey
What do you guys think about white wayfarers for guys?

I like them :ninja:

And these:

Not sure if I'd buy them myself because, as I'm not black, I fear I'd look like a tool.
Reply 34
Original post by +Adam+

I've always found that GAP do pretty decent standard T shirts - although not sure about the range of colours, I just tend to get my black/white ones from there.

Original post by GunnerMT
I need to subscribe...

Thinking of buying some driving shoes...

These maybe?

Nice, Driving shoes are fantastic - I've got a fair few pairs in leather and suede, the latter are essentially slippers they're brilliant. Although do seem to be burning through the soles quite easily.
Original post by c7.
I have some from topman and they have held up well, much cheaper then AA too.

GAP.eu - great colours, £4.99 a tee for older colours, 6.99 for newer, multibuy offers e.t.c
Reply 36
Untitled2.jpg

Untitled.jpg

I have these two but not sure on shoes that'll go with it
Reply 37
Original post by Jimi Haze

Nice, Driving shoes are fantastic - I've got a fair few pairs in leather and suede, the latter are essentially slippers they're brilliant. Although do seem to be burning through the soles quite easily.

Yea can imagine the rubber bits go so easily.
Could spend more at Dune, Ted Baker and Russell & Bromley. But if they won't last not really worth it.
Anyway need to try them on to see if they suit. Tempted to get a bright colour but will be hassal trying to match it all the time.
Reply 38
Anyone like these?
Reply 39

really tempted to get this, but it's not the kind of thing I would normally buy, so it won't match most of my wardrobe. I don't even know why I like it so much. Perhaps I'll wear it with some light khaki chinos.

Latest

Trending

Trending