The Student Room Group

Cambridge 2011 Freshers Chat Thread

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Jing_jing
This is like my nightmare :tongue:

I shall sit down and compose a 'Please let me change to Econ' email then, I guess they always knew I was split on the subjects because of my personal statement!

:laugh: Yeah but at least you have a reason

Hah, don't worry, they can't take away your offer.

You'd better do it. :hmmm:
Original post by Doughnuts!!
Hah, don't worry, they can't take away your offer.

You'd better do it. :hmmm:

Yeah, and my fallback plan is pretty good too :biggrin:
Come on skype!
Reply 1522
I was thinking hard about this the other day: I say you do it. The worst case scenario is that they'll think that you're trying to get an easier offer and it's not like they can take away your current offer.

:puppyeyes:

And yes, I am awake at this stupid time. :getmecoat:

Surely maths is harder to get into than economics? It's not like she's swapping from english lit to physics, most universities are pretty sympathetic that 17/18 year olds arent 100% sure about what they want to do
(edited 13 years ago)
Original post by Jacke02
Surely maths is harder to get into than economics? It's not like she's swapping from english lit to physics, i think cambridge won't see a problem in swapping...

I said easier offer. Not the offer that is harder to get.

Also, Econ is one of the hardest courses to get an offer for, whilst Maths has one of the highest offer success rates due to STEP.
Reply 1524
I said easier offer. Not the offer that is harder to get.

Also, Econ is one of the hardest courses to get an offer for, whilst Maths has one of the highest offer success rates due to STEP.

Ooh okay, well either way, since they're both maths based, there shouldn't be much problem in switching. One person said that in order to switch to law, they had to have an interview by a tutor first to see if they had 'a mind for law' or something... hopefully there wouldn't be much fuss :P
Reply 1525
When do you apply for accommodation? Peterhouse btw... For some of my offers, I got a letter sent to me asking me to fill out some forms regarding accommodation but I haven't got anything like this from Cambridge.
Original post by Phalange
When do you apply for accommodation? Peterhouse btw... For some of my offers, I got a letter sent to me asking me to fill out some forms regarding accommodation but I haven't got anything like this from Cambridge.

After Results Day.
Reply 1527
After Results Day.

Thanks
Reply 1528
Original post by indifferencepersonified
What, all in this exam season? :eek: That's absolutely ridiculous - do you do about 10 A-levels or something?

Nope, I've got Further Maths, Biology, Chemistry and Physics this summer. My school opted to do A-Levels/Pre-Us in a linear fashion with ALL exams at the end of upper sixth. No January exams, no exams in lower sixth (except early Maths A-Level)....just one heavy ordeal this summer :frown:
Original post by boo7788

Original post by boo7788
Nope, I've got Further Maths, Biology, Chemistry and Physics this summer. My school opted to do A-Levels/Pre-Us in a linear fashion with ALL exams at the end of upper sixth. No January exams, no exams in lower sixth (except early Maths A-Level)....just one heavy ordeal this summer :frown:

I got chills just by reading this.. Omg good luck!
Anyone here filled out their Disability form things? I did send them an email with the form scanned attached with some further issues I wanted to discuss back on Wednesday but I guess what with it being Easter they must be away.
Original post by comrade_jon
Anyone here filled out their Disability form things? I did send them an email with the form scanned attached with some further issues I wanted to discuss back on Wednesday but I guess what with it being Easter they must be away.

How many rooms with a view of the river did you ask for?
Reply 1532
Original post by comrade_jon

I haven't had anything about disabilities or vaccinations. Has everyone else?
Original post by nibbler12
How many rooms with a view of the river did you ask for?

Well my medical condition clearly dictates if I don't wake up with the smell of bread being cooked with the gentle sound of the Cam streaming past then I may well die so I gotta make sure. I hear they might put an extension on the roof of King's chapel so that I can fulfil my desire, perhaps with Gregg's next door

Original post by rf1993
I haven't had anything about disabilities or vaccinations. Has everyone else?

When I asked some Cam offerholders elsewhere most of them seemed to have had theirs long before mine which only came last week. Check your college website or email I'd say
Has anybody else not properly started their revision yet?

I have done a couple of hours on Politics and History but other than that I have merely been telling myself that reading a novel has constituted English Lit revision!

If anybody has any motivational tips, it would be greatly appreciated :biggrin:!
Original post by Cast.Iron

Has anybody else not properly started their revision yet?

I have done a couple of hours on Politics and History but other than that I have merely been telling myself that reading a novel has constituted English Lit revision!

If anybody has any motivational tips, it would be greatly appreciated :biggrin:!

I havent started AT ALL :frown: :frown: :frown:
and my first exam is in 2 weeks :redface: but i'm gonna start tomorrow... i hope...
Original post by Bubbles2010
I havent started AT ALL :frown: :frown: :frown:
and my first exam is in 2 weeks :redface: but i'm gonna start tomorrow... i hope...

Be cool like me and start today :biggrin:!

Be cool like me and start today :biggrin:!

I just got my physics folder out and felt like crying. I HATE physics... URGHHH
Good luck with revision and your exams :smile: which college have you got the offer from btw?
Reply 1538
Ugh. Chemistry, how I do despise you.
Oh Music, how I hate you.
Oh Physics, how annoying you are.

Oh wait, that's all my subjects right there -_- except for further maths.
But i don't have time for Further Maths BECAUSE IM TOO BUSY REVISING FOR ALL MY OTHER SUBJECTS.
Urgh.
-_-
/End Rant.

Just remember, after these exams, we'll be at Cambridge. That makes me feel better. For the time being :tongue:
Reply 1539
I panicked last night and started revising Biology at 11pm. After two hours I had gone over three topics which is more than I've done over the whole of the Easter holidays. Still have lots of Chemistry and Physics to do, but that's what tonight is for

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending