The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 560
Original post by bill-e
I'm finally up to date with One Piece :smile:

To keep to date every week? or to leave and marathon the next arc?

Personally I'd leave it to marathon the next arc. Makes me like...

Ep 1::eek:
Ep 2:
Last Ep:

I wonder if anyone understands me :colondollar:
Reply 561
I've been absolutely hooked on DB Kai that I've neglected everything else I was intending to watch this weekend. I'm already on episode 38, having started it yesterday. :erm:
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 562
Deadman wonderland is like ome evil version of takeshis castle :zomg: Shiro is bloody necessary to keep things from getting depressing:s: Although she is almost exactly like Nessa:mmm:
Reply 563
Original post by Keoje
Personally I'd leave it to marathon the next arc. Makes me like...

Ep 1::eek:
Ep 2:
Last Ep:

I wonder if anyone understands me :colondollar:

Haha I think I understand you. Ah man its gonna feel weird not watching One Piece now after having watched it so much these past few months
Reply 564
Original post by bill-e
Haha I think I understand you. Ah man its gonna feel weird not watching One Piece now after having watched it so much these past few months
It's easier for me with my situation(uni+fail internet) to marathon when I get home. I must say I enjoy it that way better than waiting every week for the next episode(especially when the series is at an epic part) :nooo:

Whatever is best for you really :tongue:
Reply 565
Original post by ussumane

Original post by ussumane
Hajime no ippo and gantz are awesome atm :coma:

Damn the slow Gantz release though :rant: But Hajime is awesome, I still haven't caught up, its too long! Though, I'm looking into the live action version of Gantz that were made this year early spring :nutcase: It'd be hard to conceptualise Gantz in real life though, so how good it would be, i'm not sure...
Reply 566
Original post by Keoje
It's easier for me with my situation(uni+fail internet) to marathon when I get home. I must say I enjoy it that way better than waiting every week for the next episode(especially when the series is at an epic part) :nooo:

Whatever is best for you really :tongue:

I think I'll end up watching it arc by arc :biggrin:

In the meantime, need a new anime. Anyone able to help me decide which one of these I should watch next?
RahXephon
Last Exile
Hajime no Ippo
Ghost in the Shell
Ergo Proxy
Macross Frontier
Berserk
( Big list :tongue: )
Reply 567
Original post by bill-e

what are gg subs playing at with all these filesizes :s:
Original post by bill-e

In the meantime, need a new anime. Anyone able to help me decide which one of these I should watch next?
RahXephon
Last Exile
Hajime no Ippo
Ghost in the Shell
Ergo Proxy
Macross Frontier
Berserk

ooh some really good ones there but go with Hajime no Ippo because I just finished it last week and it was frigging awesome :cry2:
Reply 568
Original post by vin
what are gg subs playing at with all these filesizes :s:

ooh some really good ones there but go with Hajime no Ippo because I just finished it last week and it was frigging awesome :cry2:

Only thing about Hajime no Ippo is the length puts me off :/
Reply 569
Original post by bill-e

RahXephon
Last Exile
Hajime no Ippo
Ghost in the Shell
Ergo Proxy
Macross Frontier
Berserk

Macross Frontier is :awesome:
Reply 570
Original post by bill-e

RahXephon
Last Exile
Hajime no Ippo
Ghost in the Shell
Ergo Proxy
Macross Frontier
Berserk

Berserk is one of those series that my society members(at uni) always ask me if I've seen and I'm ashamed to say no back as a reply :tongue:

Must be good :ahee:
Reply 571
Original post by bill-e

Original post by bill-e
Only thing about Hajime no Ippo is the length puts me off :/

I was teh same but it took me no time at all, the series is just that good:yep:, the pacing especially for a longish one :zomg: it never dragged
Reply 572
Original post by Aiko
Truthfully, I've read more than my A-P list implies because, as mentioned, it's not up to date. :redface: :tongue:

I figured as much from your response, you had already read a bunch. To be honest though, I don't blame you - I can hardly keep track of my list yet I'm sure its much smaller than yours :tongue:

I've been meaning to resume the manga and to finish off the anime adaptation of this for some time. Your suggestion will provide the extra incentive to do so. :smile:

Definitely do so

I saw the first few episodes of the anime adaptation and I'll admit that while it seemed amusing, it didn't really appeal to me (quite conversely, it prompted me to revisit the anime adaptation of Daa! Daa! Daa! instead). If the manga is better, I'll give it a try, absolutely.

Well I wasn't sure whether you would like it, it is a very shonen style manga, I can see it having a limited audience - but I thought I'd throw it in because I was initially hesitant but ended up liking it.

It's clearly a good series, and its popularity is understandable, but personally I never connected to the story or the characters. I'm not sure why, really. During the first anime adaptation, I managed to get through it, but I wasn't overly impressed, whereas conversely Brotherhood, which followed the manga faithfully, was definitely a lot better. Ideally, I'd like to read something that I'm not familiar with at all, but I'll consider picking up the FMA manga again.

Honestly, you're the first person I've met to not have liked FMA :eek: Not that its a bad thing, but it does certainly have a reputation - well each to their own I suppose :smile:

I enjoyed the anime adaptation, even though I don't quite share the same admiration as some of the other members here. Still, I'll give this a read. :smile:

Haha I'd agree probably, I liked it however I wasn't in love with it but the anime left it feeling unfinished in a sense so I went into the manga, which certainly clears up a few things I was confused about :yep:

From my recollection, this manga is by the person responsible for Samurai Deeper Kyo. I can't remember her name offhand, but as mentioned, I do remember that the mangaka was female (as I do for any female shounen artist/author). :tongue: Will pick this up. :smile:

Haha female mangaka and authors do stand out quite often, but of the ones I have read, they tend to be quite good :tongue:

Both of these were more or less released during my hiatus, so I obviously didn't pick these up. Will do so now, thanks. :smile:

Doubt is quite short and Judge will be equally short, they aren't meant to be long term series, more like short term thrillers however I really liked them, which was odd because I don't like short series normally :no: But I think the length suits them quite well for the style of the series.

Hmm, on the contrary, I didn't really enjoy this, and stopped reading it altogether a couple of years back. I may reconsider, but admittedly, I'd rather read the aforementioned over this.

I really like it, it was very interesting but obviously not to everyone's tastes. Well, you win some, you lose some :tongue:

Actually, I have read this up to around chapter 60, thereabouts. It's just one of the many that I couldn't add when I first started inputting what I had seen on A-P because it wasn't there. It was a good series, so I'll definitely be picking this up again. :smile:

:yep: I quite liked this series, I thought you might do so as well :tongue:

Again, thank you very much for taking the time to provide such a detailed list of recommendations, it's appreciated. As you say, it's a varied list, which is even better. :smile:

No problem :nah: I was happy to do so, I have picked up a couple you recommended; Monster and I am starting Homunculus :biggrin:
Reply 573
Original post by Facticity
I figured as much from your response, you had already read a bunch. To be honest though, I don't blame you - I can hardly keep track of my list yet I'm sure its much smaller than yours :tongue:

Well, when I first started to document what I've read, A-P had just introduced its manga section, so its database was pretty small. That, and due to time constraints, I decided to postpone reading any manga for over a year, so left my manga list alone during this period. Moreover, I started reading manga around 14, and I'm nearly 28 now, so that's nearly a decade and a half. It's proving difficult to remember everything I've read, but I'm certain it's comparable to how much anime I've seen, which according to A-P, is well in the thousands. :tongue: It's still hard to believe that I've somehow managed to watch and read as much as I have, because I wouldn't consider myself an otaku. :redface:

Definitely do so

Already have. :smile:

Well I wasn't sure whether you would like it, it is a very shonen style manga, I can see it having a limited audience - but I thought I'd throw it in because I was initially hesitant but ended up liking it.

I'm receptive to practically everything, so I'm confident I'll come to appreciate it like you did. :tongue:

Honestly, you're the first person I've met to not have liked FMA :eek: Not that its a bad thing, but it does certainly have a reputation - well each to their own I suppose :smile:

Oh, don't get me wrong, I do like FMA, but I don't rate it as highly as many do. :smile: Brotherhood was an excellent adaptation, though. Undoubtedly one of the best offerings from Bones.

Haha I'd agree probably, I liked it however I wasn't in love with it but the anime left it feeling unfinished in a sense so I went into the manga, which certainly clears up a few things I was confused about :yep:

Already finished this, thanks for the recommendation. It was the first manga I've read on my iPad. :tongue:

Haha female mangaka and authors do stand out quite often, but of the ones I have read, they tend to be quite good :tongue:

As a woman, I just like to cheer on my fellow compatriots. :tongue:

Doubt is quite short and Judge will be equally short, they aren't meant to be long term series, more like short term thrillers however I really liked them, which was odd because I don't like short series normally :no: But I think the length suits them quite well for the style of the series.

Already read and enjoyed both, thanks.

No problem :nah: I was happy to do so, I have picked up a couple you recommended; Monster and I am starting Homunculus :biggrin:

I hope you'll enjoy reading them. :smile:
(edited 13 years ago)
Finished Neon Genesis Evangelion. Sad that it's over, but it was truly awesome :biggrin:
Reply 575
Original post by Liquidus Zeromus
Finished Neon Genesis Evangelion. Sad that it's over, but it was truly awesome :biggrin:

:borat:

Now there's end of Evangelion and rebuild :awesome:

After having it on my computer for months (in fact possibly even over a year) I finally watched 11eyes so I could free some space. The highlight of the entire show was this little scene added at the end of the final episode by the group: (spoiler as it's a picture, it doesn't spoil anything)

Spoiler

Reply 576
Original post by Truered
After having it on my computer for months (in fact possibly even over a year) I finally watched 11eyes so I could free some space. The highlight of the entire show was this little scene added at the end of the final episode by the group: (spoiler as it's a picture, it doesn't spoil anything)

Spoiler

Aha, that's brilliant. I suppose reading the subtitles and not fully understanding Japanese exemplifies the effect? :tongue:
Reply 577
:yes: :giggle:

And now to watch some more of the new anime season
Reply 578
Ok for people who have watched Steins gate, was there a kind of interference like sound in the background during the episode? I'm using earphones, so can hear it constantly- have no such thing when testing with a random youtube video, and nothing during the shows OP, but it's constantly there, and after 12 minutes it's starting to piss me off.

I can only assume I have an iffy file, or it was added into the background to be offputting, or indicate something was up or something.

Whatever the reason, it really is pissing me off, and I'm currently watching it muted :awesome:
Reply 579
Original post by Truered

Original post by Truered
Ok for people who have watched Steins gate, was there a kind of interference like sound in the background during the episode? I'm using earphones, so can hear it constantly- have no such thing when testing with a random youtube video, and nothing during the shows OP, but it's constantly there, and after 12 minutes it's starting to piss me off.

I can only assume I have an iffy file, or it was added into the background to be offputting, or indicate something was up or something.

Whatever the reason, it really is pissing me off, and I'm currently watching it muted :awesome:

yes it was in the first ep only, but was actually in the crunchyroll stream too :s: and it wasnt on during the Op so was clearly intentional:unimpressed:

Latest