The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by maemg
I basically taught my self physics from about 5 different textbooks from our school library, (i fall a sleep in class quite a bit) apart from the mechanics bits we did that in maths (maths is fun) .

Maths is fun... waitwat?

Also, Mechanics is unimaginably dull. It probably would help if I learnt to enjoy it though :|
Reply 2001
Original post by Davidragon
Maths is fun... waitwat?

Also, Mechanics is unimaginably dull. It probably would help if I learnt to enjoy it though :|

Haha i kid , the real bitch is lenses and all that light stuff... grrrr i get angry just thinking about it!
Original post by maemg
Haha i kid , the real bitch is lenses and all that light stuff... grrrr i get angry just thinking about it!

We are doing that now. Equations are poorly explained in the book etc.
We had to figure it out based on intuition and the teachers comments.
The next exam should be fun :s-smilie:
Reapplying..
Now for another year of mental torture.

Can't wait. :smile:
Original post by Thehornet
Has anyone got any good resources for chemistry and physics as?

Physics OCR b and Chemistry F331 and F332 (salters) ??

Would really appreciate it :/

I really want to study medicine, but I'm afraid of failing these exams and not getting a place. This is kinda the last chance I have of doing what I want to do :frown:

I highly suggest printing out a copy of the specifications for all your exams (you can find it in the relevant qualification documents on the exam board website).

I know that the salters chemistry specs are very well detailed (for some standard exam questions the mark scheme is literally a copy of the specification point). Don't know about that physics course, in any case make annotations (using text books, revision guides and class notes) to the specs so that everything you need to know is on a couple pages. I find that it makes revision so much simpler.

Once you've done that, just hunt down past papers and practice, allowing yourself to refer back to your annotated specification at first. PM me if you have trouble finding papers.
Original post by JChoudhry
Anyone doing OCR Bio?

Yes I am ..do you need any help?
So glad I dropped maths!

But I do physics instead :rolleyes:
Original post by AwesomeAkhilesh
So glad I dropped maths!

TBH, a choice between physics and maths is like someone offering to kick you in the balls or punch you in the face.

They're so horrible.
Original post by navarre

Original post by navarre
TBH, a choice between physics and maths is like someone offering to kick you in the balls or punch you in the face.

They're so horrible.

I love maths! :h:
Original post by AwesomeAkhilesh
So glad I dropped maths!

What is this I don't even...
Original post by oHellno

Not cool, not cool at all.

Actually, I alwasy have this argument with my friend, who does maths, physics, ICT and spanish. I attack him for not doing 'proper' science, and he attacks me for doing 'easy' science, as I do chemistry and biology. but we can agree on one thing- psychology is NOT a science.
Original post by navarre
psychology is NOT a science.

Bull****
Reply 2012
Original post by nasira372
I think that would be best.

It wasnt in our ISA, ours was the titration. I'm guessing you did 2, one titration and one for enthalpy change.

Still though, there are quiet a lot of different questions on enthalpy so I wouldnt rule it out. Enthalpy of formation, enthalpy of combustion, mean bond enthalpies and so on....

I still havent opened my chemistry book, it shall stay in my bag

Sorry for the delayed reply!

--

Yes, we did both ISA's :smile:

Haha, we have our chem mod 2 mock tomorrow :/
Reply 2013
Original post by oHellno

Same. :tongue:
Original post by navarre
psychology is NOT a science.

How is it not a science.
Original post by FloydTheBarber
Reapplying..
Now for another year of mental torture.

Can't wait. :smile:

Awww. :penguinhug:

Re-applicants have a higher success rate than first time applicants: they're generally more mature and have more work exp/volunteer work so more insight into medical career. So yeah, 2012 cycle will be torture but not *as* bad as 2011. Good luck. :smile:
Original post by Normandy114
How is it not a science.

Maybe s/he meant as an A Level?
Original post by Unbiased Opinion
Awww. :penguinhug:

Re-applicants have a higher success rate than first time applicants: they're generally more mature and have more work exp/volunteer work so more insight into medical career. So yeah, 2012 cycle will be torture but not *as* bad as 2011. Good luck. :smile:

Thanks. :smile:

Torture until I've secured a place at uni I suppose. :tongue:
Original post by cute_wish
Yes I am ..do you need any help?

Got any tips? :smile:
Reply 2019
Will this years cycle be any less harsh than last years, because last year no-one wanted to take a gap year due to the tuition fees, and this year we don't really have a choice so gap year numbers will go back to normal??

Latest

Trending

Trending