The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 8240
Original post by inksplodge
right then. what depts are generally available to work in at sburys? i am going to hr on monday or tuesday to discuss my options. (it is hr i would go to about moving depts, right?)

From the recruitment site:

Original post by FXX
From the recruitment site:

ooh, cheers!
Original post by Foulish
If your on the old Savacentre contract. Yes.

For most, its just 1.0 for overtime and the premium.

I only started working at Sainsbury's 6 months ago, and I work part time? Will I get any extra pay at all then, or is it just standard pay for every hour?
Original post by hassan90
Local's dont get no premium what so ever, i dont understand why that is... sainsburys should be sainsburys in all their stores

Really? This is awful, I was only happy to work tomorrow thinking I'd be getting premium.
Reply 8244
Original post by Sir_Malc
I only started working at Sainsbury's 6 months ago, and I work part time? Will I get any extra pay at all then, or is it just standard pay for every hour?

The premium is something like just over £1 an hour I think. That's what I was told on Friday anyway but no one seems to know for definite.
I don't think anyone's mentioned this yet - but on the Friday, our store is letting us wear something red or blue in 'celebration' of the Royal Wedding. Anyone else have this going on? I'm not in love with the idea of wearing a "It could have been me!" top so I think I'll be a spoilsport and not bother. :tongue:
last night was so boring. only grocery delivery so it meant working overstock alll night >_< glad we didn't have to work GM backstock though, there's so many NDIs and easter eggs lol.
Reply 8247
Original post by inksplodge
last night was so boring. only grocery delivery so it meant working overstock alll night >_< glad we didn't have to work GM backstock though, there's so many NDIs and easter eggs lol.

I had to take over 6 cages of Easter eggs to the petrol station at 12am on Saturday night. :l

I was not impressed. The carpark was pitch black and actually really scary.
Original post by briesandwich
I don't think anyone's mentioned this yet - but on the Friday, our store is letting us wear something red or blue in 'celebration' of the Royal Wedding. Anyone else have this going on? I'm not in love with the idea of wearing a "It could have been me!" top so I think I'll be a spoilsport and not bother. :tongue:

We all get to wear crowns :biggrin: unfortunately I'm in Germany next friday. shame
Original post by unclerachel
We all get to wear crowns :biggrin: unfortunately I'm in Germany next friday. shame

:eek: Could you BE any less-patriotic?! :tongue:

The crown idea sounds a lot better.. still silly, but better than a cheesy top!
Original post by briesandwich
:eek: Could you BE any less-patriotic?! :tongue:

The crown idea sounds a lot better.. still silly, but better than a cheesy top!

Don't worry! I'll be sat in a german pub watching it on the tv and wearing my union jack socks :biggrin: and maybe I'll convert my old bakery hat into a crown just for the hell of it!
Here's a question for you all: What department would you most like to work on and least want to work on? (excluding your own of course)

I quite fancy a shot on Produce or something, just a change of scenery really instead of the same old stuff on Checkouts.

I don't think I would want to work in the Bakery though, as I would mess everything up :redface:
Reply 8252
Original post by Schumacher
Here's a question for you all: What department would you most like to work on and least want to work on? (excluding your own of course)

I quite fancy a shot on Produce or something, just a change of scenery really instead of the same old stuff on Checkouts.

I don't think I would want to work in the Bakery though, as I would mess everything up :redface:

haha, i love the bakery, its alot easy than people think + you get to listen to music all day and have a chat with each other.
I did a 5 hour shift on checkouts yesterday and can say that is my worst department. Its quite repetitive and gave me slight back pain, also some customers are just terribley rude :frown:
hi
im new 2 this thread and have a question for all.
my placement job is starting very soon, end of may, i want 16 weeks unpaid leave from sainsburys for my placement, is their any chance i will get it, any past experience, i have been working for sainsburys for nearly 6 months now. i dont want 2 leave bcause jobs are hard to get. lol. also who will i need 2 speak 2.
thanks in advance 2 all
Reply 8254
Original post by proonly123
hi
my placement job is starting very soon, end of may, i want 16 weeks unpaid leave from sainsburys for my placement, is their any chance i will get it, any past experience, i have been working for sainsburys for nearly 6 months now. i dont want 2 leave bcause jobs are hard to get. lol. also who will i need 2 speak 2.
thanks in advance 2 all

Unlikely if you've only just been at Sainsburys long enough to get a discount card. You'll need to speak directly to your store manager. There's no harm is asking, no matter what we say the answer will still be the same.
(edited 12 years ago)
hi
thanks in advance 2 all

I had 8 weeks unpaid leave authorised last summer to go on a placement, the catch being was that it was with Sainsbury's at head office. Theres no harm in writing to your Store Manager directly and see what they say, chances are that they might agree it if you are a good worker and you have a good performance and absence record.
Reply 8256
hi
thanks in advance 2 all

Your request will be denied because of the short length of service :frown:
can someone tell me what 'holiday lieu pay' means? It seems like I got paid for an extra 8 hour shift this month
Reply 8258
Anyone any idea when our bonus comes in? Hope its in the next pay!
Reply 8259
Original post by number-11
can someone tell me what 'holiday lieu pay' means? It seems like I got paid for an extra 8 hour shift this month

Sounds like it might be payment for untaken holiday last tax year perhaps?

Not 100% sure though

Latest

Trending

Trending