The Student Room Group

WJEC Geography G4 exam (Sustainability) 17th June 2011

Hi guys,

Couldn't find any threads on the G4 exam so I thought I'd start one! Just wondering what everyone thinks of the resource booklet and if anyone has any ideas on what questions they think will come up in the exam?
(edited 13 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Original post by LauraBritton
Hi guys,

Couldn't find any threads on the G4 exam so I thought I'd start one! Just wondering what everyone thinks of the resource booklet and if anyone has any ideas on what questions they think will come up in the exam?

Hey!
We are starting to look at the resource booklet after half term, but I have a feeling the big 2nd 25mark question will be on cities as in the resources book they keep mentioning a city... Can't remember what it's called of by heart.
What do you think?
Reply 2
Original post by CrazyDaisy123
Hey!
We are starting to look at the resource booklet after half term, but I have a feeling the big 2nd 25mark question will be on cities as in the resources book they keep mentioning a city... Can't remember what it's called of by heart.
What do you think?

I was thinking that they'd do a big question on the sustainability of cities as well. What kind of case studies have you done for cities? :smile:

I has a quick look at the resource booklet and it covers so many different things in the food and water topics! Maybe the other 25 marker will be about how to increase the food supply in a sustainable way?
I was thinking that they'd do a big question on the sustainability of cities as well. What kind of case studies have you done for cities? :smile:

I has a quick look at the resource booklet and it covers so many different things in the food and water topics! Maybe the other 25 marker will be about how to increase the food supply in a sustainable way?

Hey.
Sorry for late reply!
And i think it will be a cities question! Especially as the resource booklet talks about various cities e.g La Paz. But i really hope it isn't as we've only just started learning about cities :frown:
And about the first 25marker im not really to sure, but hope food can be increased would be a really nice one - just one of the few topics we have thoroughly worked for!
Reply 4
Heya,
I thought it was just on food and water...thats what my teacher told us :/ but he is an awful teacher-we're not even allowed to take our booklets home!
Do you think it will be hard? x
Reply 5
The exam will cover all aspects of sustainability so you are best to learn your work on cities and energy too. The final essay could be on cities or energy so you do not want to be caught out. You should have your booklets with you at home, work, everywhere you go! You need to know them inside out.
Reply 6
Original post by xcheryl
Heya,
I thought it was just on food and water...thats what my teacher told us :/ but he is an awful teacher-we're not even allowed to take our booklets home!
Do you think it will be hard? x

Hiya!

Basically the first four essays ( 3x 10 marks and 1x 25 marks) are on water and food. The last essay which is 25 marks is on either cities or energy.

Fingers crossed it won't be too hard! I think they might throw a trickily worded question at us, to try and catch us out lol

Hows your revision going? Its so much to learn!! x
Reply 7
What was the final 25 mark Q on in Jan 2011?
Reply 8
Original post by Lucius

I think my teacher mentioned it was cities but im not completely sure
I really really want the 25 markers to be food and cities :smile:
Reply 10
The chances are that the 25 marker at the end will be on Cities and energy :smile: I know most of the information but I don't know how to structure an answer to the questions :/
Reply 11
How much emphasis have you guys been told to put on bringing in info from the resource booklet? for the 10 markers I dont know how much to include :confused:
Original post by Lucius

The final 25 marker was wealth disparity in cities (which was probably the worst possible last question)

Original post by RoxySoph
How much emphasis have you guys been told to put on bringing in info from the resource booklet? for the 10 markers I dont know how much to include :confused:

For the ten markers you only use the resource booklet; the examiners don't expect to see (or even really care about) your own knowledge until the second section. That's what I did, and I was fine :love:
Reply 13
For the ten markers you only use the resource booklet; the examiners don't expect to see (or even really care about) your own knowledge until the second section. That's what I did, and I was fine :love:

Oh wow really! I wasn't aware of that. Thanks for telling me :smile:
Reply 14
Original post by radiantcurtain
The final 25 marker was wealth disparity in cities (which was probably the worst possible last question)

Do you think that this year's 25 marker will be on Energy then? I mean, because January's was wealth disparity (possible case study...Mumbai) and last summer's was food sustainability (possible case studies of WTO/Haiti, UK and Niger). This year's resource booklet is basically on food and water so do you think that Energy may be the big quesiton?
Reply 15
Original post by radiantcurtain

I agree that question looked awful!!!
Reply 16
Original post by RoxySoph
Oh wow really! I wasn't aware of that. Thanks for telling me :smile:

But if you want to bring in your own knowledge, thats fine as well, gives the examiners a bit of variety! :smile:
I agree that question looked awful!!!

I would love that question :frown:
Reply 18
I'm really worried about this exam because I want to do Geography at uni so have a lot depending on it.
Do you think that its likely that the question is going to be in energy?
And for the resource folder essay I think own knowledge should be brought in but how much?
Reply 19
Original post by lonelykatana
I would love that question :frown:

Hopefully the question on friday will be one we all like! :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending