The Student Room Group

Cambridge 2011 Freshers Chat Thread

Scroll to see replies

Original post by kpatb
Ugh. Chemistry, how I do despise you.
Oh Music, how I hate you.
Oh Physics, how annoying you are.

Oh wait, that's all my subjects right there -_- except for further maths.
But i don't have time for Further Maths BECAUSE IM TOO BUSY REVISING FOR ALL MY OTHER SUBJECTS.
Urgh.
-_-
/End Rant.

Just remember, after these exams, we'll be at Cambridge. That makes me feel better. For the time being :tongue:

And then we'll have, EVEN MORE EXAMS :biggrin:
Original post by VaVe
I panicked last night and started revising Biology at 11pm. After two hours I had gone over three topics which is more than I've done over the whole of the Easter holidays. Still have lots of Chemistry and Physics to do, but that's what tonight is for

I can't revise at night, too sleepy. But then I can't revise now because for once Scarborough is sunny. Oh dear :frown:
Original post by Bubbles2010
I just got my physics folder out and felt like crying. I HATE physics... URGHHH
Good luck with revision and your exams :smile: which college have you got the offer from btw?

Oh I hate physics too... :frown: And maths! Can't wait to be free of mathsy things :cool:
Original post by Smelly Ellie

Oh I hate physics too... :frown: And maths! Can't wait to be free of mathsy things :cool:

omg same!! :smile: ooh you're a vet? which college :biggrin:

Original post by VaVe
I panicked last night and started revising Biology at 11pm. After two hours I had gone over three topics which is more than I've done over the whole of the Easter holidays. Still have lots of Chemistry and Physics to do, but that's what tonight is for

Tonight is for last minute history essay PANIC! :P
Original post by boo7788
Nope, I've got Further Maths, Biology, Chemistry and Physics this summer. My school opted to do A-Levels/Pre-Us in a linear fashion with ALL exams at the end of upper sixth. No January exams, no exams in lower sixth (except early Maths A-Level)....just one heavy ordeal this summer :frown:

Oh my, I feel for you - I really do. What kind of an idiotic school decides to make their students do all their exams at once!? Maybe others will disagree but I think it would certainly disadvantage the students. Very best of luck.
Original post by boo7788
Nope, I've got Further Maths, Biology, Chemistry and Physics this summer. My school opted to do A-Levels/Pre-Us in a linear fashion with ALL exams at the end of upper sixth. No January exams, no exams in lower sixth (except early Maths A-Level)....just one heavy ordeal this summer :frown:

OMG that is really harsh! I do hope that you come out with your A's at the end :smile:
Reply 1546
Tonight is for last minute history essay PANIC! :P

Ouch, I can't write essays which is pretty evident from my subject choices. I do have 6 pages of physics questions to do and a chem past paper both due in tomorrow so I'm unlikely to finish it all.
omg same!! :smile: ooh you're a vet? which college :biggrin:

St John's. You're a medic right? Seen your 'medic banter' page I think, was that you? Vets have much better banter :wink: Facebook won't let me respond to your friend request at the moment :confused: But I will :biggrin:
Original post by Cast.Iron
Has anybody else not properly started their revision yet?

I have done a couple of hours on Politics and History but other than that I have merely been telling myself that reading a novel has constituted English Lit revision!

If anybody has any motivational tips, it would be greatly appreciated :biggrin:!

Dude, I can't motivate myself. :sigh:
Has anybody else not properly started their revision yet?

I have done a couple of hours on Politics and History but other than that I have merely been telling myself that reading a novel has constituted English Lit revision!

If anybody has any motivational tips, it would be greatly appreciated :biggrin:!

Nope, and won't really be able to revise at all until somewhere around the fifth to the tenth of may when I finish my EPQ.
Thankfully I only need Bs and Cs, with 84 in maths to get the A*, so not terribly worried.
Good luck with revision and your exams :smile: which college have you got the offer from btw?

I get that with my Politics folder. It's certainly not my hardest A Level, but there is a ridiculous amount of information to learn!

Good luck to you too, oh and Homerton :smile:. You?

Original post by Doughnuts!!
Dude, I can't motivate myself. :sigh:

I know the feeling. I did pretty much nothing for all of last week but I figured that I should probably start doing something now. I am just about to start an hour and ten minute practice question :frown:.

Original post by TimmonaPortella
Nope, and won't really be able to revise at all until somewhere around the fifth to the tenth of may when I finish my EPQ.
Thankfully I only need Bs and Cs, with 84 in maths to get the A*, so not terribly worried.

Ah my girlfriend had to do an EPQ, she hated it.

That's a good point, I think that's the same with me. I got 100%, 96%, 95% and 89% UMS for my AS'. I need something like 84 too to get my A* in English Lit and the rest are B's and C's I would imagine, although I am not sure. I only need to get a B for the overall A Level in English Language though as it is my fourth subject.
Reply 1551

Same here. Despite having 11 exams this summer I need something like AUUU to make my offer of A*AAB.
Original post by Mdawg
my offer of A*AAB.

I only need to get a B for the overall A Level in English Language though as it is my fourth subject.

You guys got conditions on your fourth subjects?
I'm taking 4 a2s, an AS and an epq and I only have to get grades for three of my a2s lol :u:

edit: what college are you mdawg?
edit again: I just realised I've probably talked to you, sorry. I find it really hard to keep track of tsr accounts :redface:
(edited 13 years ago)
You guys got conditions on your fourth subjects?
I'm taking 4 a2s, an AS and an epq and I only have to get grades for three of my a2s lol :u:

Son of a... :biggrin:
Reply 1554

My feelings exactly! So sick of calculating uncertainties :frown:
Reply 1555

Jesus, I don't think we've spoken before.
Reply 1556
And then we'll have, EVEN MORE EXAMS :biggrin:
(

I know right?!?!
But I'm trying not to think about the killing work load I'll have next year - it just demotivates me :P
So, until then, I'm going to convince myself that after June, my life will be easy, so all the hard work will be worth it :smile:

Original post by Mdawg
Jesus, I don't think we've spoken before.

Bahahahahah :biggrin: when you said "jesus" I thought you were exclaiming, almost like saying "Oh my god, I don't think we've spoken before!"
But then I realised you meant the college.:rolleyes: Whoops. :colondollar:
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 1557
hey guys! new to this thread, but thought it'd be cool to chat Cambridge with some of you guys :smile: so anyone else here gonna be over at Robinson next year?
Im kinda glad to read that everyone else is stressing over results, exams, revision etc as much as i am. THERES SO MUCH PRESSURE! but Im sure it will be worth it :biggrin:
Original post by beanie55
hey guys! new to this thread, but thought it'd be cool to chat Cambridge with some of you guys :smile: so anyone else here gonna be over at Robinson next year?
Im kinda glad to read that everyone else is stressing over results, exams, revision etc as much as i am. THERES SO MUCH PRESSURE! but Im sure it will be worth it :biggrin:

Helloooooo I not at Robinson but I thought I'd reply - how many exams do you have :smile:

I can motivate myself for about ten minutes thinking "I have an offer from Cambridge, let's get the grades!" And then after that I just think "ahhh cba"

Bad, bad times.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending