The Student Room Group
Frenchay Campus, Bristol University of the West of England
University of the West of England, Bristol
Bristol
Visit website

Primary education at UWE

Hi, UWE is my top choice for primary education and I just had a few questions if anyone around doesn't mind helping me out?

To anyone already doing this course what's your timetable like?
Also I've got my interview next week, (my first interview for my top choice! so no time to practice with the others! eek!) any tips?
Had loads of questions but they've flown out of my head now so might have to add to this! :colondollar:

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Hey,

Firstly, hope your interview went well!
I'm on the course at the mo and really loving it!
Timetable varies from week to week but its definitely not as busy as I was expecting. Pretty much always have atleast 1 day off per week but you rarely get a full day in uni.
Lots of reading though!!
One great thing is there's no exams. All assessment is through presentations, coursework and placement observation.
Shout if you have anymore questions :smile:
Frenchay Campus, Bristol University of the West of England
University of the West of England, Bristol
Bristol
Visit website
Reply 2
Hi, did you have to present a poster in your interview? How did it go?

I have to present an A3 poster on one of the teaching standards, but I'm not really sure what theyr're looking for, just wondering if you could help? :smile:
Reply 3
ive gotta present a poster too!
but have no clue where to start :/
:L
Reply 4
How did your interview go? Ive got an interview for UWE too. Did you have to do a poster on a quote that they gave you about having 'high expectations of children and young people including a commitment to ensuring they can achieve their full educational potential...' etc? I'm so nervous!
Reply 5
Hiya, i have an interview at UWE on 2nd Feb for Primary Ed, not sure what to expect and starting to feel nervous. Been working on my presentation and hope i've taken it in the right direction.
Has anyone been for an interview there already?
Reply 6
has anyone heard back from uwe yet?
Reply 7
Original post by ksahota7
has anyone heard back from uwe yet?

No one has heard back yet!! Shouldn't be long though because TDA have released places, so it should be a matter of days. Ahh!
Reply 8
Original post by ZoeLydia

No one has heard back yet!! Shouldn't be long though because TDA have released places, so it should be a matter of days. Ahh!

do you know anyone who has been rejected?
Reply 9
Heya guys. Ive got a primary teaching interview on the 30th March !! :/ any advice?? I really want the best chance possible!! Tis my first choice! Best of luck to everyone !! xxx
Reply 10
Just got an offer :biggrin: So happy!
Reply 11
got my interview on the 16th march, got to present a poster on one of the teaching standards, any advice? :smile: x
Reply 12
I've got an interview on the 16th of march too how are you doing with your poster? I'm finding it quite difficult as not sure what they are looking for x
Reply 13
hi guys
i feel like such a fool i'v got an interview in a couple of days and haven't prepared my presentation and now i cant get onto the UWE welcome so i don't know what it is meant to be on ahhhh! if anyone could help asap i would be very appreciative x
Original post by gross
hi guys
i feel like such a fool i'v got an interview in a couple of days and haven't prepared my presentation and now i cant get onto the UWE welcome so i don't know what it is meant to be on ahhhh! if anyone could help asap i would be very appreciative x

Look up Teaching standard Q1, then make an A3 poster and prepare a 3 minute talk to go with it, based on standard Q1 and how you have experienced it.
This is the task they had for every interview so far, hope this helps! :smile:

Just got an offer :biggrin: So happy!

When was your interview? :smile:
Reply 16
when do we need to apply for UWE accomodation?
Reply 17
when do we need to apply for UWE accomodation?

Deadline is the 1st of July. Is UWE your first choice? and are you doing the Early Years Teaching Degree or General Primary? Also do you know which accomodation you wan't? Ive put Marketgate as my first choice after much debate!
Reply 18
Original post by Emilyread
Deadline is the 1st of July. Is UWE your first choice? and are you doing the Early Years Teaching Degree or General Primary? Also do you know which accomodation you wan't? Ive put Marketgate as my first choice after much debate!

thanks.......& i havent applied for it yet i was ganna go for the student village i think & yea they are my first choice and i applied for early years...how bout u? ...do u think UWE is quiet multicultural? ..thanks for your help :smile:
Reply 19
thanks.......& i havent applied for it yet i was ganna go for the student village i think & yea they are my first choice and i applied for early years...how bout u? ...do u think UWE is quiet multicultural? ..thanks for your help :smile:

I'm doing Early years i can't wait! I wonder how many people will be on our course.

Bristol is a very multicultural city so I think the uni will be, plus on the open day I met student abassadors from a range of countries.

:smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending