The Student Room Group

a2 aqa info 4 coursework 2011

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
Original post by llamalad200
is the documentation literally just a user guide? and how do you even make the documentation meet the client's requirements? none of my requirements have anything to do with any documentation at all. :/

im sick of this coursework. None of us have know idea what to do because of these crap teachers!! im on testing n documentation now all i have done is shown the whole system in print screens, then all the testing showing which one are successful and which failed.

Now I'm just doing the user - guide; I'm hoping that will get me at least 10 marks for this section!!
Reply 81
also when is the deadline (absolute)? my school haven't actually told us :s-smilie:

Sunday 15th May 2011 for submission of your mark by your centre. :smile:
oh and how many failed tests did you show? and can you provide an example of one please, thanks. I did show how to navigate around the system via the macro buttons, true i should get rid of how to make tables not really relevant...and yes this project is taking the piss and teachers are even worse!
Original post by raj-010
im sick of this coursework. None of us have know idea what to do because of these crap teachers!! im on testing n documentation now all i have done is shown the whole system in print screens, then all the testing showing which one are successful and which failed.

Now I'm just doing the user - guide; I'm hoping that will get me at least 10 marks for this section!!

i know exactly what you mean. the amount of work we have to do to get 1 mark is unbelievable! i'm up to 27400 words now. it's getting silly. i've done my testing and have only done 3 screenshots as evidence. i don't think providing evidence for every test is necessary for the marks. i have 10 tests so i can't be bothered to find evidence for every single one. i've accepted that i'll miss the 'there is evidence that the whole solution has been tested.' mark.

i've run out of steam with it now. i only need 47/70 for an A in the A Level now so i've run out of motivation. on my previous sections i have got 13, 12, 9 in background invest, analysis, and design. how has yours gone so far?

also what exactly was your evidence for testing? how do you show that you've involved your client and your users in testing?
Original post by ,,,,
oh and how many failed tests did you show? and can you provide an example of one please, thanks. I did show how to navigate around the system via the macro buttons, true i should get rid of how to make tables not really relevant...and yes this project is taking the piss and teachers are even worse!

i did 10 tests. 2 of which i made fail. mine was done in table form i'll show you. imagine each paragraph is a cell in a table that are placed horizontally. this is the example my school gave me so obviously don't copy it! so i did this 10 times in a table.

6. (test number)

(test description) For this test I filled out a questionnaire whilst my client sat at his laptop with his email client software open. Then when I pressed the submit button on the website. I then waited for my client’s inbox to pick up the email (if it would) that contained the results of the survey that I filled out. Almost one minute after I pressed the submit button, my client said that he had received an email containing the results from the questionnaire. This means that my system has passed this test.

(result) PASSED
(actual compared to PLAN) My prediction from my test plan was correct also.

(who conducted the test) For this test I used my client and I to test the system. I had to use my client because it was his email address that was connected to the questionnaire. Meaning that the email containing the results only gets sent to him. Because of this fact no one else could have been used for the test because the email only goes to my client’s email account which nobody has access to.
by the way i've done a website as opposed to a database.
Reply 86
i know exactly what you mean. the amount of work we have to do to get 1 mark is unbelievable! i'm up to 27400 words now. it's getting silly. i've done my testing and have only done 3 screenshots as evidence. i don't think providing evidence for every test is necessary for the marks. i have 10 tests so i can't be bothered to find evidence for every single one. i've accepted that i'll miss the 'there is evidence that the whole solution has been tested.' mark.

i've run out of steam with it now. i only need 47/70 for an A in the A Level now so i've run out of motivation. on my previous sections i have got 13, 12, 9 in background invest, analysis, and design. how has yours gone so far?

also what exactly was your evidence for testing? how do you show that you've involved your client and your users in testing?

in order to show I involved the client and user for testing I said the next section of testing will be carried out by my client and I am sat with the client evidencing everything as it happens. I divided my test plan in to functional, client/user and system testing. After all the testing I also created a table for my client and potential users to fill with regards to how they found using different elements of the system. There comments and signature are required in these tables .

I want 56 minimum on this coursework. I got 12 on background, 12 on analysis, 11 on design. I want to get like 11 on testing and then easily get 7 for report and evaluation.

Also I have evidenced every single test, screen shots of everything, the process of doing it and the outcome. I have labelled all the tests and everything.

So far I'm up to 70pages alone for the entire testing section. I think you missing evidence for the whole solution is missing easy marks! every mark counts ! :smile:
Reply 87
Original post by ,,,,

I have got like 31 tests in total and about 4 fail. My teacher said to make them fail otherwise the system looks superficial!

An example of a test failing:

Test Number Client Requirement Test purpose/ information Test data where necessary Expected outcome Actual outcome/ Successful (S) or Failure (F)
10 2 Test button on reports switchboard to test it returns to the main database switchboard Switchboard button I am returned to the main switchboard Fail The switchboard button does not take me back to the main switchboard but to the reports switchboard instead.
Oh right thanks, so far my teacher has only marked the first part and gave me 11. But then i did corrections so am aiming for at least 13. I've sent my part 2, investigation and analysis part at the beginning of half term, cause she said she will mark it and guess what she hasn't even reviewed it -_-...so when i go back tomorrow i'll have to get that checked out...even if i get 10 marks in each section and 5 on project report and evaluation thats still a B right?
Original post by raj-010
I have got like 31 tests in total and about 4 fail. My teacher said to make them fail otherwise the system looks superficial!

An example of a test failing:

Test Number Client Requirement Test purpose/ information Test data where necessary Expected outcome Actual outcome/ Successful (S) or Failure (F)
10 2 Test button on reports switchboard to test it returns to the main database switchboard Switchboard button I am returned to the main switchboard Fail The switchboard button does not take me back to the main switchboard but to the reports switchboard instead.

why did you do so many?! you don't get more marks the more you do :smile: will a user guide on how to maintain and use the system be enough documentation to complete the section do you think?
Reply 90
why did you do so many?! you don't get more marks the more you do :smile: will a user guide on how to maintain and use the system be enough documentation to complete the section do you think?

And I know, but it just ended coming up to loads of tests lol!

Also, thats what I'm thinking. I have done the user guide and just completing technical end user documentation. I hope it will be enough, just complete it tonight, hand in tomorrow and see whats happens>? I need to start and finish the evaluation tonight to. Hope it all works out for us all! :smile::smile:
Reply 91
Original post by ,,,,
Oh right thanks, so far my teacher has only marked the first part and gave me 11. But then i did corrections so am aiming for at least 13. I've sent my part 2, investigation and analysis part at the beginning of half term, cause she said she will mark it and guess what she hasn't even reviewed it -_-...so when i go back tomorrow i'll have to get that checked out...even if i get 10 marks in each section and 5 on project report and evaluation thats still a B right?

deffo, would give u 50 marks, so just scraping a B
Original post by raj-010
And I know, but it just ended coming up to loads of tests lol!

Also, thats what I'm thinking. I have done the user guide and just completing technical end user documentation. I hope it will be enough, just complete it tonight, hand in tomorrow and see whats happens>? I need to start and finish the evaluation tonight to. Hope it all works out for us all! :smile::smile:

what exactly is 'technical end user documentation'? sorry for the salvo of questions but we haven't been given much direction; just a mark scheme.
Reply 93
Original post by azaking
create a user guide for your system

thank you
Reply 94
what exactly is 'technical end user documentation'? sorry for the salvo of questions but we haven't been given much direction; just a mark scheme.

Technical documentation - Your technical documentation should explain everything that a technical expert would need to know how to maintain or develop the solution including:

- specification of hardware, software and other resources
- any programming or HTML coding used
- details of any calculations, formuale, animations and functions used
- details of any verification and validation procedures.

hope this helps :smile:
Original post by raj-010
Technical documentation - Your technical documentation should explain everything that a technical expert would need to know how to maintain or develop the solution including:

- specification of hardware, software and other resources
- any programming or HTML coding used
- details of any calculations, formuale, animations and functions used
- details of any verification and validation procedures.

hope this helps :smile:

oh thanks! i was going to do that anyway in a 'maintenance of website' section just your wording threw me a little :smile:
Reply 96
hey, any of you guys get any ideas of what sort of trouble shooting questions which could be used for the trouble shooting section of the user guide?
Original post by raj-010
hey, any of you guys get any ideas of what sort of trouble shooting questions which could be used for the trouble shooting section of the user guide?

you're making me think i haven't done enough work! hahaha i wish i'd done a database instead of a website. because nothing can really go wrong with the website. meaning, i haven't done a troubleshooting section or anything like that. i've literally only written how to use the website, how to maintain the website, and a description of the website. that's all of my documentation. :/
Reply 98
you're making me think i haven't done enough work! hahaha i wish i'd done a database instead of a website. because nothing can really go wrong with the website. meaning, i haven't done a troubleshooting section or anything like that. i've literally only written how to use the website, how to maintain the website, and a description of the website. that's all of my documentation. :/

This is what I'm following as a minimium - (Attached pic)
Reply 99
Could someone tell me what they did for the 'Plan for Implementation, testing and installment'..

i know a gantt chart would be most probably the way to go, but what do you show in the gantt chart, is it the plan for thw whole system (analysis, design, testing, evaluation)??????

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending