The Student Room Group
Students in Lecture Theatre, University of Liverpool
University of Liverpool
Liverpool

Do unconditional offer holders get priority accommodation?

As we already know we're DEFFO going here do we get priority, if not for our first choice but at least for one of our three choices of accommodation?

And if this is true do we find out our rooms a few weeks/months after we applied for accommodation or do we find out in August like everybody else?

Reply 1
yeah you do get priority. most d&g self catered was gappys
Students in Lecture Theatre, University of Liverpool
University of Liverpool
Liverpool
Reply 2
Original post by miranda13
yeah you do get priority. most d&g self catered was gappys

that's fab :smile: are you there by any chance? and even if you aren't would you rate them?
Reply 3
Original post by sophiekatina
that's fab :smile: are you there by any chance? and even if you aren't would you rate them?

i'm in third year now and was in r&g way back when. did have a look round the d&r s/c and the rooms seemed nice, i would have quite liked to be there tbh. greenbank in general is really nice too
Reply 4
Yes you get priority because you already have your results and you find out much earlier than everyone else normally. I found out where I was living including my flat and room number (I'm at Prospect Point) in May. Saves waiting for ages!
Original post by ScabbyGash
Yes you get priority because you already have your results and you find out much earlier than everyone else normally. I found out where I was living including my flat and room number (I'm at Prospect Point) in May. Saves waiting for ages!

Prospect is my 1st choice. How do you like it there?

I hope we find out soon about our accomodation... how likely are unconditional offer holders to get their 1st choice ?
Reply 6
I'm an unconditional offer (been out of 6th form 3 years now) waiting on an accommodation reply. Been waiting 2 weeks for the nod on Prospect Point. I echo SilverstDJ - anyone know rough odds of an unconditional getting their first choice accommodation?
Reply 7
Original post by Beholden
I'm an unconditional offer (been out of 6th form 3 years now) waiting on an accommodation reply. Been waiting 2 weeks for the nod on Prospect Point. I echo SilverstDJ - anyone know rough odds of an unconditional getting their first choice accommodation?

no idea exactly but seeing as you get first pick i'd imagine it's quite high. not very likely that all of you will go for the same thing, and even then there won't be that many unconditionals i wouldn't think
yeah im the same, unconditional and applied for d+r s/c ensuite so hopefully fingers crossed we will find out soon :smile:
Reply 9
I imagine they'll wait until after the UCAS deadline for applicants to reply to their offers, which is 5th May I think? Some time after then id expect to hear something.
Original post by cjcw20
I imagine they'll wait until after the UCAS deadline for applicants to reply to their offers, which is 5th May I think? Some time after then id expect to hear something.

I believe if some unis have been slow they may have an extended deadline for the end of may.

Rang up accommodations office and it turns out they say rooms allocations should be soon but they can't give me the exact date when they'll be ready for unconditional offer holders.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending